The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

The Local Hentai

Re: A cure for the 'feels'

Post by The Local Hentai »

I just socialize with someone to keep me grounded. I remember going nuts for Horo from spice and wolf, to the point where I was admitting to myself that no matter how many girls that I've loved or had feelings for no one even came close (yeah yeah). Hung out with a friend and just talked for a while, her "real" demeanor made me realize that at that point in time, something like that would be impossible. Woke up the next morning, quickly moving on with my life.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Someone older than me once (several times) told me that if you can't stop thinking about something, then you're not busy enough/working hard enough.
Hananosei

Post by Hananosei »

I had the feels as soon as I finished Lilly's route. I stopped playing the game for a bit because I went Emi > Lilly > Hanako >Shizune. And man. I cried and wept like a baby. Especially doing Lilly > Hanako. It was awwwwwwwwwful. But you know, I'm feeling way better and ready to tackle Rin's route now. But once I'm done, I'm gonna have the feels again and I'm gonna need to do something in the meantime too to help myself get through it. :P Gentlemen, thank you for showing your emotions to a girl. Teehee. <3

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The reason I feel people are getting such Feels, is that the border between fantasy and reality is thin in this game. It feels real, and when you are done, its like spending a week getting to know someone intimately and then never seeing them again.
I agree that this is probably part of the reason it connects with readers so much.

If you're reading a story about a magical war or something like that, you know it's just a story. If characters, no matter how well developed, react to perceived slights by punching the main character through a wall or keep hot spring penguins in their fridge as pets, you're again reminded about the fact it's simply a story. The fact that KS doesn't feature any obvious fantasy elements or typical tropes common in anime, but rare in real life and deconstructs several of the archetypes it features, it never completely breaks the illusion that the events in KS could have happened somewhere at some point to someone.
Aelexe

Post by Aelexe »

I've incorporated wahaha into my common phrases.

Now I'm taking the best bit of Katawa Shoujo onwards with me.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

What is wrong with "The Feels"?

Its Pretty normal to have the feels after a great game, or a great book. The last time I've felt this way was when i finished Dreamfall a fantasy rpg about the meaning of life, honor and growing up.

Well Back to KS, i don't think these Feels need a cure, they are awesome, most of my days i eat, sleep, work and play without thinking about life, without feeling something other than regular-boredom, now thanks to KS i've got something to think or feel, a reminder that sometimes there are great works that can make life glorious and give it meaning.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

I play piano.
And i seriously have alot of practice.....
All of a sudden my piano teacher has me Learn Midnight Sonata, Ave Maria and Fuhr Elize, while working at all 3 at the same time.....
And i've only played 2-3 years >.<
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Focusing on study just doesn't really help for me. Just after finishing this game, the whole week's lectures discuss about Arrhythmic Heart Disorder. Such a great timing.... (-___-#)
Carpo diem! -- Seize the day!
someonelse

Post by someonelse »

Heh, i thought it was just silly me..
It will probably go away in time and i'm afraid that it will. I think it makes me less empty, even if its eating me alive.

Right Is Not
NoGoodUsernamesLeft

Post by NoGoodUsernamesLeft »

I'm now halfway through my first route, Emi's, which I sorta picked to start the emotional rollercoaster slowly (seemed the least tragic), but I had to stop because I couldn't stop thinking about the game and I had to study. I'll probably reserve a uneventful weekend (or week) in a few weeks and just sob myself dehydrated.
Bix

Post by Bix »

Tomate wrote:What is wrong with "The Feels"?

Its Pretty normal to have the feels after a great game, or a great book. The last time I've felt this way was when i finished Dreamfall a fantasy rpg about the meaning of life, honor and growing up.

Well Back to KS, i don't think these Feels need a cure, they are awesome, most of my days i eat, sleep, work and play without thinking about life, without feeling something other than regular-boredom, now thanks to KS i've got something to think or feel, a reminder that sometimes there are great works that can make life glorious and give it meaning.
I'm all for people having emotions, but some people let it ruin their lives. I'm just trying to provide a less self-destructive means of working through your emotions.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Bix wrote:

I'm all for people having emotions, but some people let it ruin their lives. I'm just trying to provide a less self-destructive means of working through your emotions.
Sadly i'm one of those, i so weak minded in that way. Gonna try out some of them "cures" at some point... hopefully they make me feel at least abit better. Cheers.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Bix wrote:

I don't think that "the feels" have the power to ruin someone's life. KS its just a game (or so I'm told).
Some sadness or longing is alright.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Junpei

Post by Junpei »

I don't know if these methods work, but right now, after hearing Emi's revelations, I'm getting the feels.
Lanyx

Post by Lanyx »

I was getting through the depressing feels, transitioning to just holding on to the good ones.. Then I went back and did another route.

Admittedly I had enough issues before I even started this game but it really opened the floodgates. I agree that these things help, but also important is to just give yourself some time to get over it. Don't expect to be feeling better right away, no matter what you do. Keep yourself busy. There's also tons of great advice and stories on these forums to read. Knowing that there are others out there going through something similar and that it passes helps a lot, especially if you don't have anyone to talk to.