The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ritter Delorges

Re: Hanako (no spoilers)

Post by Ritter Delorges »

Pandas wrote: Is it recommended to do skip mode since i've beaten the Hanako route already and don't want to see the useless things of seen orrrrr?
If you want to play a different route, then you will have to make at least some different choices in Act 1 and parts will be different anyway. During the parts that are exactly the same I would keep track of what is happening in each scene, but if your memory is still fresh, then it should be ok to fast-forward without actually reading everything.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:I'm not the best guy to ask
I've played through once and I haven't touched it since

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't watch a movie more than once because I already know what happens :P
Boooo!

@Pandas: Just keep playing. Once you've 100%'d the game, move to fanfiction.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

Potato wrote:

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't watch a movie more than once because I already know what happens :P
Boooo!

And then write 1000 posts on a forum about it like comrade Potato just did. (Congrats)
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Grimnir wrote:
Potato wrote:

Boooo!

And then write 1000 posts on a forum about it like comrade Potato just did. (Congrats)
I was about to congratulate Potato on his posting milestone, but then I saw his signature.
God damnit, Spud.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:I was about to congratulate Potato on his posting milestone, but then I saw his signature.
God damnit, Spud.
I second this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Guest Poster

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Guest Poster »

Is a post count really a milestone though?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

No, it isn't. :|
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Anything can be a milestone if you believe :D
I consider fitting nineteen marshmallows in my mouth a significant milestone, compared to the last time when I tried and could only fit eight in :)
Ten years does wonderful things to the capacity of a boy's mouth~
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I guess a better question, which the post just above mine merely reinforced, is "should it"?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:I was about to congratulate Potato on his posting milestone, but then I saw his signature.
God damnit, Spud.
I second this.
I third this. We already have one guy bashing a KS girl in his signature, and that's plenty.

Potato is worst girl.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Dear Katawa Shoujo forum,

You all suck hardcore ass.

Love, SpunkySix

In case you haven't guessed, due to the general pressure of the forum, especially a certain root, and because of my own curiosity, I've caved and begun Act 1 all over again. It's truly bizarre being back where it all started again, and it's even weirder "meeting" everybody again.

I've been skimming since I remember it all very clearly, but it's still a strange experience. In a way, it's making me happy. I get to walk the halls of Yamaku again, so to speak, and see all of my old friends in a new light. In another way though, it's bumming me out. Nobody remembers me, and it's just another reminder of how fictional it all is. Programmed.

I'm up to the Risk scene, so not very much has happened yet, but I have managed to change some minor things. I didn't introduce myself this time, and I didn't ask the student council about anything, not even the library. I'm treating it as an AU, but it's still weird, like I'm rewriting history. Even the small choices I've changed are against my nature, and I'm seriously not looking forward to seeing Emi, because turning her down is going to break my heart a little, and there's no getting past that.

I plan on going to the manly picnic first, then using one of my save states to start up a new route. I don't know who I'm going for second, but I'll probably just go with the flow and see what happens, minus the track scene, where I'll be... giving up. Ugh.

I know I just sarcastically dissed all of you, but I'm probably going to end up posting my progress with this here because it'll help me get through the next four routes if I can put my feelings down somewhere where people might get it. It's gonna be a long, hard road. But who knows? Could kick ass... could be dangerous. Could totally suck. Whadda ya say, bros? Join me. Let's see how far we can take this.

And for you there at the computer screen right now... just press 'submit', and let the feels begin. :twisted:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Just imagine yourself as the Douchebag With A Time Machine from Robot Chicken. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

FINALLY :D
Trust me, you'll enjoy it. There's nowt quite like that first route for sheer impact, but that's not to say the rest won't at all - far from it. They all have something different to offer and you'll find different things to like about all of them. Probably.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

SpunkySix wrote:I've caved and begun Act 1 all over again.
Waiwaiwaiwaiwaiwaiwaiwaiwait what? You haven't even played all the routes? Spunky I am disappoint. But I guess since you've caved I'll allow it.

Also I'm kind of jealous that you get to experience 4/5 of the game for the first time. Have fun, it's well worth the ride.

(As a side note, Emi was my first girl too. I didn't even know there were other routes until I started lurking the forums and the subreddit.)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Make the right choices beforehand, and you don't have to give up at the track scene.

Just saying.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!