The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by pandaphil »

Though I've always wondered if Misha would be comfortable with Shizunes kinks.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Wow, a lot has been said since I last was talking here and it didn't turn out to be the minefield I was expecting. I don't have much dating experience, and the one relationship I had nearly a decade ago was a disaster, but I grew from that. All I have is myself. Fortunately I have a lot going for me that would help me with someone like Hanako in the long run. I have a lot, a lot of tolerance and patience. I have this little quirk with my mind where I don't mind a routine. But, I like to be surprising and spontaneous as well.

My tolerance level would help me deal with emotional problems such as Hanako's. I've been called and told horrible things from females. Horrible, hateful things. Soul-crushing things. Yet my mercy always kicks in. I doubt Hanako would call me a God-obsessed faggot, or say to me that no self-respecting woman would ever want to make love to me. I doubt she'd give me false hope for years and lead me on as if there was hope to be together with her, but secretly be dating some other guy and blow up and get angry when I call her out on it. These are all personal facts about my life, but the point is, I still love these people and forgive them. I feel sad that they are led astray. I feel sorry for them and wish for them to correct their wrongs and find happiness. As much as people piss me off sometimes, I always find mercy and love for them, and forgiveness. And that's not something any school or degree will ever teach you. My empathy and my mercy, my tolerance, are all my biggest strengths.

So yeah, Hanako getting pissed off and saying some really negative things like in her bad ending, if it ever came around with me and her, sure it would hurt. But I'd bounce back again. I work through things. I compromise. I try my best to see things through her eyes and soul, regardless of her current mood. I try to see the whole picture of Hanako. Who she is and all her strengths. All the things I enjoy about her. Her interests of singing, cooking, and computers. I see all that, clearly, regardless of the current mood. Curiosity has always been something that led me on, and Hanako's mysterious nature would always get the better of me. Knowing that very few other people tried to really get to know her and "figure her out" would push me on further.

I avoid watching the Bad End because my Father commanded me not to. So I obey His command. My logic has no say in the matter, I can only obey. That's what I meant by intuition. Intuition is not fear. I only act the way Father trained me, to love and forgive people. To turn the other cheek. To love and bless my enemies. To always look for the best in people. All I can ever be is myself. Rejecting my own heart, like I was doing for years before, only made things worse for me. When I accepted my own heart and empathy, when I allowed myself to cry for a long time for a character that isn't even real, that's when I became myself. Sorry if this was too long. :)
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

If you can't handle KS at it's worst, you don't deserve KS at it's best.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I try to see the whole picture of Hanako. Who she is and all her strengths. All the things I enjoy about her. Her interests of singing, cooking, and computers. I see all that, clearly, regardless of the current mood. Curiosity has always been something that led me on, and Hanako's mysterious nature would always get the better of me.
The fact that you can't bear to watch her bad route contradicts everything that's quoted above.
I avoid watching the Bad End because my Father commanded me not to. So I obey His command. My logic has no say in the matter, I can only obey. That's what I meant by intuition. Intuition is not fear. I only act the way Father trained me, to love and forgive people. To turn the other cheek.
Well, that makes sens...wait a minute! Either you have a rather controlling father who hates "Misstep" and who has trained you, among other things, to capitalize all your references to him, or you just posted here that God has played Katawa Shoujo and disapproves of Hanako's bad end (and here I was thinking he'd take issue with the shed scene), therefore forbidding you (and noone else) from playing through it. (even though, in the light of seeing a whole picture of Hanako rather than just part of it, you'd really want to) And he didn't tell you his logic? Just a decree of "Thou shalt always take the burn victim to town or forsake the Kingdom of Heaven forever" without explaining why it mattered so much to him?

I guess that's the end of the discussion then. In the end, when someone starts using the "God told me to do it"-reasoning to explain his actions, there's no point in trying to highlight flawed logic anymore. Just a tip...people generally dislike it when you pull the God-made-me-do-it-Card in a conversation because there's no way for them to check if you're telling the truth or if you just merely said that so you won't have to explain why you do a certain thing or think a certain way.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Cue Poe's Law.

I'm legitimately not sure if this is a caricature of Abrahamic faith or someone who actually believes that God doesn't want him to watch Hanako's bad ending.

If it's the latter, I sincerely hope that Hisao&Hanako<3 gets the psychiatric care that he needs.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

bhtooefr wrote:Cue Poe's Law.

I'm legitimately not sure if this is a caricature of Abrahamic faith or someone who actually believes that God doesn't want him to watch Hanako's bad ending.

If it's the latter, I sincerely hope that Hisao&Hanako<3 gets the psychiatric care that he needs.
Agreed.
Also bringing up religion is just asking for a powder-keg to go off.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Your responses sadden me. I'm telling the truth. The fact that you all paid attention to only that particular aspect of my post proves you have much to learn. I never said it's bad for everyone. I get the feeling that it's for me personally.

"God made me do it" huh? Can't you just accept the fact that some people have faith and live differently than you? Your intolerance of those who feel differently disgusts me. But this time I'll hold back my frustration. I feel sorry for all of you. Just like I said in my post above. I felt that I could finally be more comfortable expressing my real true self and this is the responses I get. I see...

I see now who I'm really dealing with. You're right. This particular aspect of the discussion has ended. So unless you want to ask me something without insulting my faith, I strongly suggest you all to just drop it. I didn't start these preposterous accusations, I was just speaking truthfully from the beginning, without being too direct or revealing. But like I said, I know and realize who I'm dealing with now. I was just testing the waters, now I know the correct response to have.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Maybe we should move on to a different subject? Its obvious we're just running around in circles here.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'm not insulting your religion. I've had quite a few debates online with people whose opinions I valued and who happened to be religious, but who could explain their positions without having to bring their faith into it. In fact, even most religious people I know agree that the "God told me to do this or that"-line is a cop-out.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

While I'd be interested to know exactly how watching Hanako's bad ending would be antithetical to anyone's faith, I think Pandaphil has the right idea.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Your responses sadden me. I'm telling the truth. The fact that you all paid attention to only that particular aspect of my post proves you have much to learn. I never said it's bad for everyone. I get the feeling that it's for me personally.

"God made me do it" huh? Can't you just accept the fact that some people have faith and live differently than you? Your intolerance of those who feel differently disgusts me. But this time I'll hold back my frustration. I feel sorry for all of you. Just like I said in my post above. I felt that I could finally be more comfortable expressing my real true self and this is the responses I get. I see...

I see now who I'm really dealing with. You're right. This particular aspect of the discussion has ended. So unless you want to ask me something without insulting my faith, I strongly suggest you all to just drop it. I didn't start these preposterous accusations, I was just speaking truthfully from the beginning, without being too direct or revealing. But like I said, I know and realize who I'm dealing with now. I was just testing the waters, now I know the correct response to have.
As a Christian (albeit not strict following of the religion), you are embarrassing yourself. You're talking about not reading a bad end because your religion tells you not to on a forum for a game in which girls with physical disabilities have pre-marital sex. I'm not trying to insult you, but you literally have no base for choosing not to read it other than the fact that you choose not to read it. It's not a deity telling you not to do so, it's your own mind.
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Been awhile since I listened to Painful History. I didn't totally believe before how strong the effect of music is, but now I know for sure, without a doubt.
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Been awhile since I listened to Painful History. I didn't totally believe before how strong the effect of music is, but now I know for sure, without a doubt.
I love that song too, the two with the most feels for me is Aria de l'Etoile and Shadow of the Truth. I immediately get chills when I hear Shadow of the Truth.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Cold Iron is second in emotion to Painful History for me. Mainly because of Hanako's "Falling" scene.

That's another thing we should discuss. I don't know if I'd be good at doing the right thing in that situation. I'm surprised I kept forgetting and didn't bring that one up sooner. Hisao did the levelheaded thing and got Mutou to help out, which seemed to be the best way. I on the other hand would be fighting my emotions and would be too busy being affected by Hanako's plight to be thinking straight, and if Hisao had tried to handle it all on his own, the results seem unpredictable. If he would have helped her out of the room on his own, all eyes would have been on her. If he sat and did nothing, that would be bad too. I guess what I learn from that situation is it's not bad to try to get help when dealing with someone you love.
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Cold Iron is second in emotion to Painful History for me. Mainly because of Hanako's "Falling" scene.

That's another thing we should discuss. I don't know if I'd be good at doing the right thing in that situation. I'm surprised I kept forgetting and didn't bring that one up sooner. Hisao did the levelheaded thing and got Mutou to help out, which seemed to be the best way. I on the other hand would be fighting my emotions and would be too busy being affected by Hanako's plight to be thinking straight, and if Hisao had tried to handle it all on his own, the results seem unpredictable. If he would have helped her out of the room on his own, all eyes would have been on her. If he sat and did nothing, that would be bad too. I guess what I learn from that situation is it's not bad to try to get help when dealing with someone you love.
Yeah, there is no way anyone could predict what they'd do in the heat of the moment like that, but I'd expect I would've probably tried to walk her out myself, and that could've ended badly. It's sort of like how when Emi storms off at dinner and you have the choice to either follow her or talk to her mom, it's so much more insightful to talk to her mom, and she doesn't freak out nearly as much as she does if you just go after her, which would be a really easy thing to do on impulse.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~