The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Potato wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
KeiichiO wrote: I kinda feel you there. Her CGs do depict her much better than her sprite does in my opinion, but I don't mind the sprite. The no eye thing is just the anime style. I've seen it done so many times that it doesn't bother me.
Yeah, I know that, but It doesn't seem to fit KS, which only uses that once and only in that sprite, if it was a little more prominent id understand but...
It is prominent. That's why you notice it. :lol: It's only used for that sprite because Hanako is the only character hiding burn scars behind her hair.
I dont mean the one where shes hiding it behind her hair, that one makes sense.

Ill try find it, but its the one where you can see her entire side, no hair, and its all scar.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I don't mean the one where shes hiding it behind her hair, that one makes sense.

Ill try find it, but its the one where you can see her entire side, no hair, and its all scar.
Yeah...You do that. I can't remember ever seeing her with no hair. :?

Edit: I think I found it...

I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Speaking of things...

I noticed while watching

Why does Shizune turn her head? In theory I suppose she could she Misha laughing out of the corner of her eye but if she's deaf she shouldn't have heard her laughing
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Sohtak wrote:Speaking of things...

I noticed while watching

Why does Shizune turn her head? In theory I suppose she could she Misha laughing out of the corner of her eye but if she's deaf she shouldn't have heard her laughing
You just answered your own question!
It's pretty hard not to see a cute bouncing girl laughing at the corner of your eye. Especially when she has such distinctive pink hair and move's around so much.
Did I mention that Misha is adorable?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Q: Why does she need earplugs if she's deaf?
A: Because Misha is that loud.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Sohtak wrote:Speaking of things...

I noticed while watching

Correct. She didn't hear her laughing.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

bhtooefr wrote:Q: Why does she need earplugs if she's deaf?
If she's deaf, but encounters a REALLY loud sound, her ears would still bleed wouldn't they? Unless she has no eardrum, of course.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Forever_ambivalent

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
If she's deaf, but encounters a REALLY loud sound, her ears would still bleed wouldn't they? Unless she has no eardrum, of course.
Her ears would probably still bleed (and hurt. Pretty sure bursting your eardrum is fairly painful) just like how Lilly's eyes would still bleed if you gouged them out.
Now I have this really disturbing imagery of Lilly's eyes being gouged out.

It would be really cool to see Shizune play the drums. I heard that deaf drummers can feel sound using their feet and can actually be pretty successful.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Her ears would probably still bleed (and hurt. Pretty sure bursting your eardrum is fairly painful) just like how Lilly's eyes would still bleed if you gouged them out.

It would be really cool to see Shizune play the drums. I heard that deaf drummers can feel sound using their feet and can actually be pretty successful.
Have ruptured an eardrum twice, I can confirm it hurts like hell. :lol: Was up til the wee morning hours both times waiting at the hospital. (The second time, having learned from the first, I got fed up and just told them "Hey, my fucking eardrum's busted. At least gimme some painkillers while I'm waiting!")

Damn, now I have this mental image of Lilly as Oberyn Martell...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Her ears would probably still bleed (and hurt. Pretty sure bursting your eardrum is fairly painful) just like how Lilly's eyes would still bleed if you gouged them out.
So do I, and now I'm sad. Thanks.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Gonextur

Finished Lilly's path, I feel bad... (SPOILERS)

Post by Gonextur »

First of all, hello to everybody :) maybe it's gonna be a little tl;dr, so I thank in advance those who will have the patience to read.

A friend of mine suggested me the game and I gave it a try. After some play I managed to get the Lilly's path, which is pretty fortunate considering she's the girl I was interested in.
Long story short, went through her route, arrived at the dinner part and initially, going as I would have, I chose to tell about the letter, saving the game before the decision...BUT after 1 minute, don't know why, I just thought "hmmm, wait, talking about your previous relationships (even though the one with Iwanako could hardly be considered like one) on a date with the one you've fallen in love it's not very...nice/polite/good" and I went back and chose not to tell Lilly about it.
The friend who introduced me to the game had kinda explained me the structure of it, even though he said only later about the "choices influencing the endings".
So I went through the route, arrived at the departure of Lilly and by then I was really hoping to have not made some mistake, to have not made a bad choice....but as soon as she left, when Hisao remained with Hanako, I saw the credits rolling....and I cried...for a good 10/15 minutes...
I went on google to see the pattern and as soon as I saw about the letter I cursed...I cursed to myself for being such an idiot. Obviously immediately after that I loaded the saving and made the good choice, but even so I was (and still kinda am) destroyed by the remorse of my mistake....
I really wanna thank 4 Leaf Studio for making this game, because it's really...huge...and in a good way, but now I just feel crushed.
Yeah, I know it's only a game, but the atmosphere, my situation irl (not one of the best atm) and the fact of being home alone for some days just managing to sleep, work and play the game helped a lot to boost the emotions. I literally have never been (this is also my first VN) so involved, neither in a book or a film, at this level... I could never imagine I could "fall in love" with a fictional character....
The problem is that after "failing" her route I just feel disappointed....disappointed by myself as a human being (don't worry guys, not taking it to the levels of suicide or such stuff :) ), disappointed that I wasn't able to keep Lilly...yeah, in some little space in my head I hear a voice saying "your first instictive choice was right!", but the burden of the mistake is just huge.
I know that in some days my brain is gonna wake up and say "hey, it's all a story, don't you worry", but now that this thing is so fresh in my head that makes me sad...
Now I'm just being overwhelmed by the emotions and the feeling of disappointment towards myself and Lilly, overwhelmed by the guilt of my mistake...
Soon I'm gonna start another route, even though I think it won't be the same. Lilly was just...I don't know, I got involved maybe a little too much :/
Sorry about my "whining", it's just that this game just took me by surprise and...I didn't expect these feels....thanks for anybody who's read all this and that can help me clear my head a little bit :)
CoffeeDrive

Re: Finished Lilly's path, I feel bad... (SPOILERS)

Post by CoffeeDrive »

My advice:

Play another route, Alot of people talk about how theyre hung up about these routes because of one reason or another, I was like that after I finished Emis route, (I got the good ending, but I didnt really want to play another route, since she was so adorable)
But, If you do, you get to fall for another girl all over again! And hopefully make the right choices, and even if you do get it wrong, it is just a game, after all. You can try again.

Once youve finished all the routes, choose your bestgirl, then rant on these forums about why your bestgirl is bestgirl.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Forever_ambivalent

Just make sure you never do that mistake on Shizune's route. I stupidly misunderstood (or perhaps I fooled myself) the context of the choices and foolishly went down the bad end. That end will make you feel like shit.
Playing another girls route really helped though. My heart still breaks every time I see poor lonely Shizune sitting on the stairs. That face! She makes me not want to look at the 9th page on the gallery.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Replay and get the good end. Or go for a different route. There are five routes with many endings. Plenty of distraction. :P
Blood_poet

What do I do now?

Post by Blood_poet »

Fell in love... what do now? o.O :(
Hanako... :3

Too many feels...