The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: Gotta say, the metaphor with the fireworks hit me pretty hard though. Rin's thoughts on the matter stung a bit too. As a "realist" myself, seeing that being referred to as "just what cynics call themselves" kind of bites, especially from a character I like quite a bit.
I know that feeling :/ I don't like fireworks anyway (they're loud and therefore terrifying) but it's a kinda nihilistic view of life she takes. Sadly for the reader, this doesn't improve through her route.
It's weird though, because I can't really blame her... I even agree to an extent. It's just that, like many other matters in the philosophy of our existence, it's uncomfortable.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: Gotta say, the metaphor with the fireworks hit me pretty hard though. Rin's thoughts on the matter stung a bit too. As a "realist" myself, seeing that being referred to as "just what cynics call themselves" kind of bites, especially from a character I like quite a bit.
I know that feeling :/ I don't like fireworks anyway (they're loud and therefore terrifying) but it's a kinda nihilistic view of life she takes. Sadly for the reader, this doesn't improve through her route.
It's weird though, because I can't really blame her... I even agree to an extent. It's just that, like many other matters in the philosophy of our existence, it's uncomfortable.
There are things where it's debatable if the human brain should even really think about, and it's kind of a downside of our own evolutionary development that we're able to.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Sohtak

A new KS fan..bit late to the party but..is there more?

Post by Sohtak »

Hello everyone!

Let me start by saying I'm completely new to the Visual Novel genre as it were. Infact the one game that got me into it was Go-Go Nippon! (As embarrassing as it might be to admit) So I looked around at a lot of recommended Visual Novel games and decided to try out Katawa Shoujo as a good start, It was highly recommended. Sadly I learned I am 2 years behind the curve! I wish I had known about it in 2012 when it first came out!

I recently finished my first play-through of Katawa Shoujo (Hanako good ending! Love her <3)

And I must ask..is there more? Though I have barely scratched the surface of the game I'm simply left with wanting more!

And as sad as it is to admit...After Hanakos story I'm actually quite unable to go through any other route. I'm not sure why, I think I feel guilty if I went another route :P
Munchenhausen

Re: A new KS fan..bit late to the party but..is there more?

Post by Munchenhausen »

The 'more' you're after is the rest of the VN, mate :P
I've heard quite a few people have had your problem, not wanting to move on to any other route through guilt. Never had that problem myself but whatever ;D

Closest to more outside of the VN itself is the fanwork, I'm afraid.
There isn't any sequel planned and apparently, nor will there ever be, so your best bet is to browse the Mishimmie and these here forums :)

By the way, Welcome! :D
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

That guilt is common. But get over it. :P

Each character has two endings. Hanako and Rin each have a third. There are two paths to Emi's good end. And there's a default end. So you've got plenty of content. :P Beyond that, sadly, nothing.

There are some April Fools (believe me, the emphasis is necessary) blog posts that show off new 'characters' but that's as much 'more' as you'll get from the official folk. And there's the artwork thread and fanfictions.

Oh, and there are some KS-inspired projects being developed around the internet. And there's always the VN recommendation thread here for others to try out. Also flowcharts are for the weak.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Please enjoy your stay. ^_^
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Ah, That's a shame! I was hoping they would be making a second one. I guess I'll have to deal with Fanfiction :P

And that guilt is horrible! I've tried to start a new game like..5 times and each time I'm like..."I can't do it" And I just think of the Hanako arc, Ugh god.

I figure I'll eventually get over it and play through Rin,Emi,Shizune and Lily. Which I hear Lilys is heart-breaking and Hanakos tore me to bits lol
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

Sohtak wrote:I figure I'll eventually get over it and play through Rin,Emi,Shizune and Lily. Which I hear Lilys is heart-breaking and Hanakos tore me to bits lol
I would definitely do that. You won't just get more of the same, but it will give more depth to all the characters, even including Hanako.

All the routes have their heart-breaking moments in different ways. You'll have to find out which ones affect you most.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Welcome, if you feel like checking out some of our fan fiction stories, have a look in our humble library, it i in my signature.

Have a nice stay!
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I feel a pang of ouch every time a newcomer asks this. I remember when I was there, and man... the next three days or so were something unreal.

Good to see you though, and yeah, the fan works section is a great way to ease off of the initial burst of emotion.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Moving on to that second girl is the hardest bit. But it makes progressing that much easier when you do, so certainly take a few days to 'absorb' it, and then do a next one. You shouldn't regret it :)

Have fun! And stick round here, we're all lovely ^_^
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Moving on to that second girl is the hardest bit. But it makes progressing that much easier when you do, so certainly take a few days to 'absorb' it, and then do a next one. You shouldn't regret it :)
It's hard! It's been about 2 days since I've finished Hanako's good ending and I still can't bring myself to play the rest.

I know in Lily's story Hanako gets MORE friends and joins the newspaper club but ugh, It's not the same as...as the good ending where she is extremely happy and (presumably) becomes Hisao's Girlfriend.

Ugh I can't talk about this right now ='(

lol :P
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Moving on to that second girl is the hardest bit. But it makes progressing that much easier when you do, so certainly take a few days to 'absorb' it, and then do a next one. You shouldn't regret it :)

After I completed Hanako's route, it took me MONTHS to recuperate enough to be able to play Lilly's route without hating myself.

And then I read this heartwrencher and suddenly, in every scene involving Hanako, I feel her saying wordlessly, "You betrayed me, Hisao. You were the first person I loved since the fire... And now you've done this to me."

Excuse me, I think I've accidentally created the Katawa River.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

ParagonTerminus wrote:

After I completed Hanako's route, it took me MONTHS to recuperate enough to be able to play Lilly's route without hating myself.

And then I read this heartwrencher and suddenly, in every scene involving Hanako, I feel her saying wordlessly, "You betrayed me, Hisao. You were the first person I loved since the fire... And now you've done this to me."

Excuse me, I think I've accidentally created the Katawa River.
That didn't help me man....After Hanako's good ending I've felt the..void of emotions I feel drained..and now that's made it worse. Oh god

It's going to take a while to get through this game won't it? Ugh god...
Kibaro

How do you get over KS?

Post by Kibaro »

I don't know if any of you have felt devastated after finishing KS (pretty sure alot of you did), just because it was all over. the yamaku world that i knew has ended, like an apocalypse..literally, after i finished the game all i could do was stay along on the bed for hours,despressed (not exagerating, literally hours) not beeing able to close the game and just stared at the menu screen while listening to ks songs....

i know i am overreacting but i can't control it...i feel weird, not normal, scared even just because i've never felt like this and i don't find it normal...i'm a 20 y.o. dude, not really an anime/manga/vn obsessed person (tho i used to have anime crushes), but this... i literally feel like rin, i don't know what i feel, i don't understand it, maybe that's also what scares me, maybe i have some minor psychological trauma from childhood, heck, i even developed a crush on lili so much, that it killed my feelings for my gf...i love/d her but now idk how to feel, and i feel like a jerk and an idiot about it...

i feel desperate and scared, i guess i am weak and cowardly and no, it may look like it but im not looking for attention with this post...just some help, some tips/hints on how to deal with this by others that have been affected by this vn as much as i was (which i love deeply, dont get me wrong, i dont hate it, just the way i turned out after finishing it is what troubles me).

while i was "playing" ks, my reality became yamaku, the real reality (that sounds weird) became depressing, faulty, destroyed, i didnt want to be part of it, the world of yamaku seems like heaven to me, with all their problems, it's still the most beautiful and peacefull place i've ever seen (i dont really read alot tbh), now that i wont ever see it again...again i feel like rin, looking from her own world to another one, not beeing able to grasp its meaning, to understand it...

my friend who introduced me to ks tells me that with time these weird feelings of mine would go away/heal ... i hope so, or until i find a lili of my own (or even an emi/misha would be nice)...
AussieInquisitor

Re: How do you get over KS?

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Kibaro wrote: *snip*
I kind of get what you mean, mate - dragging myself back into reality and away from the "world" of KS was also initially a bit of a problem for me. Personally, I found it helpful if I occasionally returned to it in small bursts now and then, if only to treat that nostalgic hole in my heart, from time to time.

Ultimately, time and talking about this, I think, would probably be the greatest healers in some matters like this. There are a couple of us who have had similar "downs" after finishing a story or another work that we really had invested ourselves in. Oh, and don't lose your sense of self-worth, too - I know this may sound preachy, but you are who you are and NOTHING is EVER going to change that.

As I said, have a yarn with some of the others here if you are in need of additional advice.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015