The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AussieInquisitor

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Ha ha, thanks for the talk all round.

As for anything I have done with KS to convert from obsession to part-pastime, well, admittedly (or unfortunately, depending on your outlook on life), I also ad a bit of an interest in the lore of a war-game (Warhammer 40,000) as one of my other past-times and I had briefly experimented with sketching out in my head what positions each character might hold, based on their dispositions. Suffice to say there were some VERY interesting results. :D

@KeiichiO

Yeah, I can certainly imagine that people who invest themselves in the character and story will REALLY invest themselves. Some might say that's a negative, but I think that it can be a positive influence for others, as I have seen others attest.

In any case, I better not pull this thread off track any further.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

AussieInquisitor wrote:@KeiichiO

Yeah, I can certainly imagine that people who invest themselves in the character and story will REALLY invest themselves. Some might say that's a negative, but I think that it can be a positive influence for others, as I have seen others attest.

I don't really view it negatively. At all. I think that the KS characters can help people with their problems, and that they most certainly can be positive influences on the viewers. I know I've learned quite a bit from Rin, and I believe that my life is changing, hopefully for the better. Can't really tell right now, though, I have faith. I always try to view things positively, even if there's seemingly no hope.

The only down-side to having these characters on your mind constantly is that they distract you from your personal life and work. I know I was greatly distracted from my studies when I started playing KS. But again, KS teaches you life-changing lessons, so it wasn't all that bad. Out of everything I've ever experienced in my life, KS has enlightened my mind the most - well, that and a certain favorite band of mine. *Cough* Look in my siggy *cough*

Also, don't worry about pulling the thread off track. You're not doing anything to do such a thing. Trust me, we often get carried away with derailing threads :lol:
sennit

Re: Lilly's arc emotional outlet (spoilers)

Post by sennit »

Whoa, hardcore feels attack. Seems legit. KS is like the master of controlling hearts.
sennit

Post by sennit »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yes, KS is one of the best pieces of media I've ever seen. I'd recommend it to anyone of any age. Anyone with any kind of real heart should respond well to it. Only cold heartless bastards are unaffected. :lol:
There are so many people I'd like to recommend this too. But sadly too many people I know would be put off by the anime aspect. :|
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

sennit wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yes, KS is one of the best pieces of media I've ever seen. I'd recommend it to anyone of any age. Anyone with any kind of real heart should respond well to it. Only cold heartless bastards are unaffected. :lol:
There are so many people I'd like to recommend this too. But sadly too many people I know would be put off by the anime aspect. :|
Hypnotize them. Or the next time they go to the bathroom, steal all the toilet paper but leave a laptop with KS running.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Since this thread is called the feels bazaar, I'm going to clear up another point it's taken me awhile to think of good words for. Based on how others have responded to me here, why does everyone get so caught up in the reasons I say I would care for a girl like Hanako? What's so important about the reasons you love someone, as long as you're loyal to the promise to be by their side and cherish them? I could say I love Hanako because her eyes are purple. Or because the grass is green outside. My point is, the reason doesn't matter. Who cares why anyone wants to be with anyone, as long as they are loyal and committed, with mature love, why do the reasons for attraction matter? I think everyone is focused on the wrong things. And that's what point I've been trying to make for a while now.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Since this thread is called the feels bazaar, I'm going to clear up another point it's taken me awhile to think of good words for. Based on how others have responded to me here, why does everyone get so caught up in the reasons I say I would care for a girl like Hanako? What's so important about the reasons you love someone, as long as you're loyal to the promise to be by their side and cherish them? I could say I love Hanako because her eyes are purple. Or because the grass is green outside. My point is, the reason doesn't matter. Who cares why anyone wants to be with anyone, as long as they are loyal and committed, with mature love, why do the reasons for attraction matter? I think everyone is focused on the wrong things. And that's what point I've been trying to make for a while now.
The reason why is because there're always judgmental assholes out there, and you can't really avoid 'em. You just gotta put up with 'em, and keep on smiling. That's the best way to live on this Earth filled with horrid excuses for human beings.
Last edited by KeiichiO on Tue May 07, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I try to do that, but I can't help feeling bugged. I wonder, where do so many people get their logic? And many here have made such wonderful pieces of fan fiction! Yet they approach someone like me, like they do.

My only other conclusion is they've never dealt with a person like me before. It's possible. I'm really good for my word, to a very far extent. This feeling of empathy I have, it's rare. It's very rare, usually destroyed by bad experiences and cynicism, the loss of trust in people. I somehow have the ways to love as if I've never been hurt, to laugh like I'm truly happy, and to wish the best for someone even if they hurt me badly.

Though enter something like Hanako's bad end, I'd be crying like a baby and then she'd probably feel bad and start crying too. Which would lead to a passionate, most likely physically intimate make up session. Minus sex, mind you. Nothing wrong with cuddling and kissing though.

I can't imagine Hanako as the kind of person that would realize she just hurt someone badly and not feel horrible about it. But at the same time it could lead her back into herself, with the feeling that she doesn't deserve a friend if she allowed herself to do that to them.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:What's so important about the reasons you love someone

I could say I love Hanako because her eyes are purple. Or because the grass is green outside. My point is, the reason doesn't matter.
Everything. Without good, strong reason, love is worthless. Like the people who are into Lilly for her sex drive. That's a shitty reason and it's important to know that. If Lilly were real and some guy hooked up with her just because she fucks a lot, that will end badly for all involved.

You could say both of those things and they would also be shitty reasons.

The reasoning behind a love matters far more than the love itself. Picture it as part of a house. Without strong enough supports, the roof of a house caves in and destroys everything. And probably squashes the family dog.

Insofar as I recall (and my recollection may be incorrect), your reasons were basically "she's damaged and I like helping people".
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

KeiichiO wrote:
AussieInquisitor wrote:@KeiichiO

I don't really view it negatively. At all. I think that the KS characters can help people with their problems, and that they most certainly can be positive influences on the viewers. I know I've learned quite a bit from Rin, and I believe that my life is changing, hopefully for the better. Can't really tell right now, though, I have faith. I always try to view things positively, even if there's seemingly no hope.
I'm the same with Hanako's route.
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Though enter something like Hanako's bad end, I'd be crying like a baby and then she'd probably feel bad and start crying too. Which would lead to a passionate, most likely physically intimate make up session. Minus sex, mind you. Nothing wrong with cuddling and kissing though.

I can't imagine Hanako as the kind of person that would realize she just hurt someone badly and not feel horrible about it. But at the same time it could lead her back into herself, with the feeling that she doesn't deserve a friend if she allowed herself to do that to them.
The latter scenario is more likely to happen, sorry.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying. Not many people truly understand all the things love involves. I could give whatever reason that people approve of, and it doesn't matter. You're going to be attacked, you're going to be tested, and you're going to fail unless the love is strong. People talk out of their asses nowadays, they can say whatever and sound good and give whatever reasons, but they can't back up their talking. Therefore, the love itself, truly being loyal and living by it, is more important than the reason itself. I'm sorry if you can't see or understand that logic. I understand what you're trying to say. But that's not my point and what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about the things that are obviously bad. I'm talking about seeing the true good and standing by it without fail... something so few people are able to do.

And Selim, one who withdraws into themselves is not impossible to win back.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Not many people truly understand all the things love involves.
And you've surveyed all people to reach this conclusion, have you? Do you somehow understand what most people don't? Or are you talking out of your ass as well?

The reason behind it is more important. Reason is the driving and supporting force. If it is faulty, the love is faulty. Period. No amount of loyalty will change that. No amount of standing by a person will erase that.

There is no "true good" in anyone. Everything everyone does is inevitably selfish and society generally deems selfishness a bad thing.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I speak fact, not something that needs to be studied or observed. But with your wisdom of the earth, you can't see that. Look around at the world, it will show you where peoples' logic gets them. You put your faith in things that will pass one day, but I trust and believe in things that shall never pass.

Congratulations, you've unlocked the opposite of my human side. You can call me a white knight or whatever you want. Whatever wisdom of the earth chooses to call me, I enjoy being that because I serve... a higher authority. Who do you serve? Who do you have backing you up?

"When they mock you, rejoice, for your reward shall be great in Heaven." I feel that being whispered to me now. And you can respond with whatever human logic I'm already predicting you to respond with, because it comes only as hypocrisy and nothing.

Try that for "feels." You haven't seen anything yet. I've dealt with your kind before. You do not faze me, you forum troll. Stand down.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oh. I get it. You're some sort of bizarre KS-based religious looney toon. Okay then. You enjoy that. I'll be over here laughing. Hysterically. Forever.

While you're busy being crazy, go grab a dictionary. "Troll" doesn't mean what you think it means, Heartman.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

No, I'd rather grab a Bible. I don't need to continue this discussion, I've made my point. You go and laugh. One day, you won't be laughing anymore. If anything, I feel sorry for you. But the sad truth is, many people that I speak to now will one day be lost. Forever, never to return. Do yourself and me a favor. Keep your half-witted jokes off me. They're not welcome. You think there's a problem with me? Point it out in a mature, adult manner and stop acting like a child.

Even with all this, I'm not angry with you. Do as I said and there won't be any further problem. I'll repeat it again just in case you're too cracked up to notice it the first time. Do you have a problem? Point it out in a mature manner and I'll see what I can do. Now, before we attract too much attention and get ourselves in trouble, do calm down.