The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheKingOfFacade

Re: A cure for the 'feels'

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

Tomate wrote:I can't relate with that, i mean, Hisao was romancing Hanako, i was just the hand of fate poking Hisao trough the right path.
It may have been Hisao but she was looking at you (the player). I don't know if it was my dreadful and by that I ofcourse mean non-existent relationship history alot of the time I was always thinking if not sometime muttering under my breath what I'd say in Hisao's situation. How i'd greet her when entering 3-3 or how I would be in tears with her when she falls to the ground after her reveal at the park in Act 4 or how I would (and did) genuinly smile upon her breaking a smile. I guess I can't speak for everyone, hell, anyone when I describe my experience with Katawa Shoujo.

I apologise if this doesn't seem as well written as my other post due to the fact that this is the first time I've put this into words and believe my when I say converting feels into words is a tiring process.
Last edited by TheKingOfFacade on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bix

Post by Bix »

For all the new posters, as I said before:
KS is a very realistic game, with very realistic characters. Its no surprise that it connects with people, and there is no shame in the feels. Plenty of people get it from various sources, some even more embarrassing than a Disabled VN.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
TheLastMelody

Post by TheLastMelody »

I don't think I want a cure for "The feels". I was starting to doubt that I still could feel anything else but apathy, so I welcome this "bittersweet"-feeling of accomplishedness. Bitter because I know I wont ever meet anyone like that in real life and because the story is over, finito. Sweet because it ended in a happy ending and because "I"(guiding Hisao) managed to make her feel happy.
My story, probably better left untold - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245
KaneTaker

Post by KaneTaker »

Bringerof_D wrote:i find it strange that anyone of you would feel depressed after finishing a route. i mean understandable during the game when the bad stuff happens, but after the happy ending seems odd to me. i've never had such an issue where i finished something feeling depressed unless the ending was intended to make me feel that way.
For me, the Hanako and Emi happy endings were GREAT. Felt good after. Lilly's was different. The whole circumstances with her family and how she was/is being treated and her reasoning for leaving OR staying. To me, the good ending felt like she was staying for the reason Hisao did NOT want; because she felt sorry for him. I guess in the end, they did work it out, though.
alonelyguy

Post by alonelyguy »

Bringerof_D wrote:i find it strange that anyone of you would feel depressed after finishing a route. i mean understandable during the game when the bad stuff happens, but after the happy ending seems odd to me. i've never had such an issue where i finished something feeling depressed unless the ending was intended to make me feel that way.
For me though, I felt an unclear yet present sensation, the Lilly route proved to be too much for me, as the same situation had occurred just a few months back, and no I didn't get the happy ending with that relationship.
colfirefly

Post by colfirefly »

Hitting the Hanako bad ending on the first run through prompted me to make my own appointment for a counsellor.

I've only ever had counselling sessions forced on me as a child. I think I need to work through some things. :?
Bix

Post by Bix »

colfirefly wrote:I think I need to work through some things. :?
I was kind of the same way when I finished Hanako and Emi. Doing their routes made me realize I have a White Knight Complex, and it never occurred to me how it could be effecting the people around me. Since then I have come to terms with the fact that what I was attracted to was not the desire to be a hero to the damsel in distress, but a respect for those who strive to live full rewarding lives, even with the poor hand they were dealt.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
anarki

Re: Is feeling a bit depressed after playing normal?

Post by anarki »

Limbless wrote:Yeah, it's normal. Also loss of 'sex' (fap) drive, for weeks in some cases.
OMG I though it was just myself
tmhizzy

Post by tmhizzy »

Limbless wrote:Yeah, it's normal. Also loss of 'sex' (fap) drive, for weeks in some cases.
I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.
Quark

Post by Quark »

Rin's ending made me feel that everything in the world is all wrong. :(
konoa

Post by konoa »

This is a game that needs to be shared to get over emotionally. So im showing my girlfriend it. We have been going out for a year but were both so shy we only just started being more open about this kind of stuff i think.

That, and showing this game to my siblings didnt seem like such a good idea. My brother isnt that interested, and my sister is only 11 and probably wouldnt be a great idea anyway.

But yea, its a game that hits you very emotionally. It inspired me, i want EVERY game that i make as a game developer to hit you this hard. It reminds me of the first time i played Final fantasy 7. Everyone knows the scene im talking about, sure it was over 6 years ago but that game hit me emotionally then.

I now aspire to make games that bring out emotional responses from everyone. Ill study katawa so the games i can make do just the same no matter what they are about.

Just redirect the emotions you get from the game into something positive! And always remember that you can write fanfiction if your really getting down, or read some good fanfiction. The good endings all end pretty nicely, so take it as a plus that it ends on a happy note most of the time.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

konoa wrote:This is a game that needs to be shared to get over emotionally. So im showing my girlfriend it. We have been going out for a year but were both so shy we only just started being more open about this kind of stuff i think.

That, and showing this game to my siblings didnt seem like such a good idea. My brother isnt that interested, and my sister is only 11 and probably wouldnt be a great idea anyway.

But yea, its a game that hits you very emotionally. It inspired me, i want EVERY game that i make as a game developer to hit you this hard. It reminds me of the first time i played Final fantasy 7. Everyone knows the scene im talking about, sure it was over 6 years ago but that game hit me emotionally then.

I now aspire to make games that bring out emotional responses from everyone. Ill study katawa so the games i can make do just the same no matter what they are about.

Just redirect the emotions you get from the game into something positive! And always remember that you can write fanfiction if your really getting down, or read some good fanfiction. The good endings all end pretty nicely, so take it as a plus that it ends on a happy note most of the time.
Yea after expressing myself through this I felt better and seeing others who were emotionally the same was a bit comforting as well. I haven't gone drastic like some people feeling bad to the point of not being hungry. More of listening to the OST and hearing and remember scenes corresponding to that song.

*Off topic
Nice to see someone else who is a developer. :lol: However I'm working on becoming a software dev. (Currently at an Accelerated College that focuses on CS). But I've had a project class where I've made a game before. Playing games now is a bit more exciting when I can try and figure out why a developer did what they did. But the best lesson I learned while making a GOOD game is how well you can present the story/universe (Which KS does a fine job) and also how it plays. Which it's just a simple point and click VN which I have no problems with. Here's something you and other game developers should watch that I found which sums up my project class I took:

Last edited by FissionXMailed on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.

Post by Guest »

anarki wrote:
OMG I though it was just myself
You guys are lucky, I dont even enjoy games anymore, I just have no urge to play them :/

It must be the work of the femenists.
colfirefly

Post by colfirefly »

It finally hit me hard today. :cry:

I finished Hanako's arcs on the weekend. Couldn't push myself to hit the 'Start' button for a while after that. I am rubbish at reading people's motivations, so I have had trouble picking the right paths, got Hanako's bad ending first.

Finally pushed myself to hit Start again yesterday. Got on the Shizune route like I wanted, then ballsed it up and had to start again. Skipped through to that choice and continued. Made it to Act 2.

Compared with Hanako's story so far, Shizune's path just feels so flat. I think I'll see if I can work out Rin's path instead, she seems much more interesting.
rydiafan

Going through withdraws

Post by rydiafan »

Been Almost a week sense my PC broke .... i need KS ... lol ... ( BTW im typing this on my PS3 before anyone ask )