The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DudeCalledNemet

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by DudeCalledNemet »

Graustein wrote:Hi and a good new year 2017 everyone
I hope my post fits here well.
I just want to express my feelings and thoughts here. At least to put them on paper.
I finished KS couple of days ago, that makes me properly one of the last persons on earth ;)
Ok, when I write finished I mean I have completed hanako and lilly and at the moment I am in no condition to go any further.
I started with Hanako after a post on 9gag made me downloaded that game on Sunday. It was around midnight and I finished her story at 5.30 in the morning. After this I had some feelings but no FEELS. Maybe I was to sleepy or I don’t know. It was a good story and interesting, that’s why I was eager to finish. But nothing to the FEELS I got later.
After sleep and everything I started with Shizune. Stopped midway, was not very interested and also the sign stuff and Misha, I don’t know.
Then I started Lilly and OMG. That feelings and everything. It has a good ending so normally you should feel happy, but NO. I was not feeling happy. After finishing her story I was crying. Yes. And it felt like I am hollow inside.

I am turning 31 in a couple of days, I am married since 5 ½ years and I have a little daughter.
I have a nice good job, live in a safe country and everything.
SO WTF
I was thinking this over and over and at the moment I feel better, but not as good as before KS.
I come to 2 Points I think KS makes me aware of. Maybe this will help others too?

1. I am old. Ok, 31 is not like I am 70 and will die soon. But neither I am 18 years old anymore and will live this carefree (more or less) live like in KS. Also, I am married and have a daughter. I love both, but this means, no dating, flirting, etc. with new girls/woman .
Well this is funny, because some time back I thought about this whole dating stuff and found I rather be nice to not have to do it anymore. Because while it was sometimes fun, it could also be a pain in the ass thing. Also, if you have a crush on somebody but they not. So it is a little weird. Also like I mentioned I love my wife. But also I will not get this fresh feeling of dating her anymore. Yesterday on the radio a very fitting song played: The First cut is the deepest.
I think that is what KS remembered me of: Certain things are over. I will not enjoy them like on the first time and maybe will never been able to "do them".
But for hope: There are a lot of things that I can enjoy

2. Lilly got me right in the feels, because she is perfect. Too perfect for sure. I know. It’s a game. Nobody can be that perfects. Maybe she gets fat after 2 Years with Hisao or she farts ridiculous.
Nobody knows. In KS she is “the one”. While I love my wife, she has flaws. Like EVERYBODY. Like me or any other random girl. To be honest, I personally think my wife is “better” then me ;) So I should not have the feeling that there would be a much better person to fit me. The flaws of my wife are also small (She has a good figure while no over done model like some girls can be, is kind of smart, a good mother, have some interests like me), so why the heck?
I think the problem is here, that our relationship is a little “at sleep” since our daughter was born. Between jobs, Household, daughter there is not so much freedom.
I think the positive thing that I can take from KS is to take more time for love between us 

So that is all, I feel better since I wrote this down.
I think in a couple of days the feels should be gone and at least maybe I have taken also some positive points to put into my live.

@ DudeCalledNemet
Hey, also somebody who seen it on 9gag.
I did not come for the faps, but just for a more or less soft story with some nudes, but man we were both wrong.
Also Lilly affect me very hard. I had to stop playing after knowing she will get back to scotland, because I could not see a farewell! I googled then because I could not stand that this should be the good ending!
Since nowhere on the internet I saw some hints that the good ending was like this I go further with the story and finished it. Sure I was at least happy that it was not the end, but damn the feels!
If you dont mind a 24 years old opinion, maybe there can be a way you can save time to be with your wife. And yes the feels will be gone after some time, but for me the music of the game is scarred too deep in me i cant help myself everytime i hear a melody close to it i instantly thing about this game.
Just Some Guy

Post by Just Some Guy »

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking around here for a few months and I figured it was about time for me to post my own reactions to this fantastic game.

I originally discovered Katawa Shoujo in February of last year essentially by accident. I was browsing around on Know Your Meme one day for some cheap laughs when I came across the article that website has on the game. Initially, it didn't catch my interest very much since I'm not really a fan of anime or visual novels. It seemed like just another Japanese-style game that caters to people's fetishes. Also, finding out it was made by some people on 4chan was not exactly encouraging either. As someone who has never visited 4chan, I was only aware of it via its "reputation." But the more I read about the game and all of the positive responses to it, I became intrigued enough to give it a try. After all, a free game meant I had little to lose.

And so I started to play. It started off with me thinking that this seems like a rather contrived premise in a high school setting, but I kept going on. I decided to just answer the decision points with whatever felt "right" to me at the time and I ended up with Rin's route during my first play-through. I quickly became enamored with the game as I played it and I pretty much spent most of my free time going through all of the routes and endings until I had reached 100% completion.

Boy, what a journey it was! I was really amazed at the quality of the various aspects of the game including the outstanding music and the characterization. There were parts that made me laugh, parts that made me think about life, and parts that almost made me cry. Probably the most emotional part was during Lilly's route when I played her bad ending for the first time. I usually don't tear up such as when I'm watching a sad part in a movie, but the part when Lilly left, apparently definitively, for Scotland leaving her best friends behind really struck a chord with me and I was fighting back tears. That's really the example I remember best when it comes to my own emotional reaction.

So, I'd like to thank the people at Four Leaf Studios for this fantastic and memorable game.
Graustein

Post by Graustein »

DudeCalledNemet wrote: If you dont mind a 24 years old opinion, maybe there can be a way you can save time to be with your wife. And yes the feels will be gone after some time, but for me the music of the game is scarred too deep in me i cant help myself every time i hear a melody close to it i instantly thing about this game.
Hi, I don't mind, feedback and tips are welcome.
Actually we started to talk about our current situation and honestly we have some time in the evening where mostly she was reading a book or watching a bollywood movie and I was sitting there playing PC or watching my series on netflix.
But it's not like it used to be before our daughter, where plenty of time was there for everything, going out together, make a city trip, vacation just us two and also time for our self.
This situation she was reading, I was playing was ok, just till KS and at the moment I wished I never ever played it and just would be grateful if I could have my memory erased of it, not to play it once again like most people want, but to not play it at all.
But the hope I have is to get through the feels and to be better and stronger after it and that is not impossible.
We also think about getting a nanny (unfortunately we don't have our parents here to help us out) for some time for us.

I also think, that if I would be in my 20 and single it would not hit me that hard (or maybe different). Somebody wrote it already, we "older" ones can not go back in time and especially at this moment of life with a kid. It's hard to make some new friends.
In school or university you meet someone your age every day. Also mostly similar ideas and plans.

While I was not a very famous guy, I was also not bullied and had some close friends, so just your average guy. Going out together, hitting on girls or just having fun.
I think that is was I most miss and was brought back from playing KS. The thrill and fun moments to get to know somebody, fall in love etc.
And even if somebody like Lilly would exists, after some time it would be "boring" again. If you don't work on it. So same situation again, if I would be honest to me.

I think I just have to accept (again) that this part of life is over and it is a new part.

I felt once similar like this, when I was 12 or 13 i was on a 2 weeks trip with my grandparents in Spain. I had so much fun, but getting back at home I was sitting there like "How can life go on after this great time".
It took 2 or 3 weeks, can't remember to get over it. But i went over it what is good.
decemberstragicdrive

Post by decemberstragicdrive »

hey, i'm new here. just wanted to get this off my chest and get into the community.

i found out about ks through a youtube comment mentioning it. i looked it up, initially a little off-put by the premise and not being familiar with vn's, but i decided to check it out after reading about how you can turn off sex scenes (i don't have a problem with them being there, just a personal preference of not really wanting to see sex in media) and how respectfully it treats the subject matter. i quickly got sucked in, finding myself inadvertently going to rin's route. i don't exaggerate when i say that her route is one of the most moving pieces of media i've experienced (tears ran down my face during the good end and a few other times) and that rin is one of the first characters i've felt 100% attached to, to the point of wishing she was a real person that i could talk to or that her route went on forever. just that whole theme of hisao struggling to understand her struck close to home for me, to the point of writing lyrics about the route that i'm putting to a song that i had written in terms of music already. it's just such a moving piece of fiction.
cjefe

Post by cjefe »

Graustein wrote:
DudeCalledNemet wrote: If you dont mind a 24 years old opinion, maybe there can be a way you can save time to be with your wife. And yes the feels will be gone after some time, but for me the music of the game is scarred too deep in me i cant help myself every time i hear a melody close to it i instantly thing about this game.
Hi, I don't mind, feedback and tips are welcome.
Actually we started to talk about our current situation and honestly we have some time in the evening where mostly she was reading a book or watching a bollywood movie and I was sitting there playing PC or watching my series on netflix.
But it's not like it used to be before our daughter, where plenty of time was there for everything, going out together, make a city trip, vacation just us two and also time for our self.
This situation she was reading, I was playing was ok, just till KS and at the moment I wished I never ever played it and just would be grateful if I could have my memory erased of it, not to play it once again like most people want, but to not play it at all.
But the hope I have is to get through the feels and to be better and stronger after it and that is not impossible.
We also think about getting a nanny (unfortunately we don't have our parents here to help us out) for some time for us.

I also think, that if I would be in my 20 and single it would not hit me that hard (or maybe different). Somebody wrote it already, we "older" ones can not go back in time and especially at this moment of life with a kid. It's hard to make some new friends.
In school or university you meet someone your age every day. Also mostly similar ideas and plans.

While I was not a very famous guy, I was also not bullied and had some close friends, so just your average guy. Going out together, hitting on girls or just having fun.
I think that is was I most miss and was brought back from playing KS. The thrill and fun moments to get to know somebody, fall in love etc.
And even if somebody like Lilly would exists, after some time it would be "boring" again. If you don't work on it. So same situation again, if I would be honest to me.

I think I just have to accept (again) that this part of life is over and it is a new part.

I felt once similar like this, when I was 12 or 13 i was on a 2 weeks trip with my grandparents in Spain. I had so much fun, but getting back at home I was sitting there like "How can life go on after this great time".
It took 2 or 3 weeks, can't remember to get over it. But i went over it what is good.
I really feel you. To clarify I'm 20, shortly 21, and I've happily been in a relationship for 4 years. We're in college, have a cozy apartment, have a good deal of money saved up, and generally are in good positions.

As....weird as it might seem to admit, KS makes me miss the beginning of our relationship. The butterflies, the chase...everything really. Even near the end when Hisao contemplates his future with whatever girl you're with, it reminds me of that worry I had when I followed my girlfriend to college. Now with the knowledge of her going to grad school, I get the same feeling. Wondering about the future, even though I love her more than I ever thought I could love someone.

It's a brilliant game, it's heart-wrenching and beautiful, and I can't tear myself from it. It's good to be able to read about other having the same or similar feelings because of this game....just thank you all.