The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by SpunkySix »

Hisao The Hedgehog, the dark, edgy sequel where Hisao has a gun and swears a lot and can choose whether to side with Kenji or the feminists through a series of boring, poorly thought out missions that will have you twisting the camera around in ways you didn't think were possible.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Puncyclopedia

Post by Puncyclopedia »

Potato wrote:Ah. Well, he was bitter and cynical to a degree. He just went the depressed route over the angry one. :lol:
The entirety of Act 1, really, IMO, is about him being bitter and cynical. It's something practically every route comments on once you get further into it, and Hisao himself realizes it in most, if not all of them.

You can make a pretty good case based on words and actions that Hisao thought he was being sent to Yamaku...if not to die, to be forgotten about. He was a person going through the motions of life up until then, and even during portions of his time at the school.

One of the contrasts of the game that I really like is that Hisao has the least obvious disability of the cast, but the most life-threatening, and he's the least able to cope (at least initially, YMMV as the game goes on).
Characters: Shizune > Lilly > Rin > Emi > Hanako
Routes: Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi

Replaying now, so subject to flux. Except Shizune. Shizune is best.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

SpunkySix wrote:Hisao The Hedgehog, the dark, edgy sequel where Hisao has a gun and swears a lot and can choose whether to side with Kenji or the feminists through a series of boring, poorly thought out missions that will have you twisting the camera around in ways you didn't think were possible.
Thanks for reminding me that I spent money on that piece of crap game. :evil:
Kalosis

Manly tears [and sidestories]

Post by Kalosis »

My feels, man. I just recently found out about KS and having never tried a virtual novel before I didn't really know if it would suit me (I just asumed it was for waifus and such) But holy f*** , the feels had never been so strong.
I've never had a relationship that lasted more than 4 or 5 months , in fact , that has only happened twice in my short life (18 yo a few days ago , heh). Anyhow , I always searched for a way to find that connection with somebody, and i guess i closed myself a lot after the last time it happened.
Shit was tough, she moved somewhere else, couldn't keep it no more. I was so affected with Lilly's neutral ending , it really had me thinking about that over and over for a few days.
From taht day I've shutted down a lot. She made me change, I became much more outgoing and cheerfull for all that time, i had never been so popular in school as in that moment. Summer came , she moved , lost a couple of my all-time friendships and moved to another school for the next "level" of my studies.
I've been covered in a shell since then , hiding from everyone the way that I actually felt. I just got to the conclussion that I liked being alone , and even if i can now say , safe and sound , that statement is completely true, i don't like being lonely.
There has been a few people that attempted getting into my life and I just didn't allow them to.
It feels so stupid now to have done so , though it's late to change anything now.
I shall be starting university soon , and i feel lost , not sure what is it i really want to do there (and also , wondering how should I behave once i get there). But then , I found katawa shoujo , it fitted my situation like a glove.
I haven't told anyone about this , and i yet dont know why am i typing here , all to strangers in the case that someone even reads it. But it feels good ,as if I was getting more at ease with myself with every word I type in here.
I guess it also helps me clarify my mind , think about what am i going to do next.I've been mourning myself for a long enough time , I guess it's just time to act.
But the more i think about it , the hardest it seems , more and more the one night stands that I had never had before become more usual , and the love interest , with all the emotions that brings , that have shaped me along the course of my life with books , songs or tv series even.
Just a wish to love and be loved , to just stay in comfortables silences while laying in the park, to take care of somebody and have a real reason to wake up in the mornings appart from my phone just buzzing.
I only now realize that i haven't gone over her yet , and i won't if i don't try to steer my life in a right way.
To you , whoever is reading this , thanks for your time.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Good stuff. KS has brought growth and some fulfillment to many lives. It's great and heartwarming to know that lives are still being touched two years after the full release.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Good stuff. KS has brought growth and some fulfillment to many lives. It's great and heartwarming to know that lives are still being touched two years after the full release.
As long as there's a way to accidentally discover it, I doubt it will ever stop. The stories within it are timeless.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Good stuff. KS has brought growth and some fulfillment to many lives. It's great and heartwarming to know that lives are still being touched two years after the full release.
As long as there's a way to accidentally discover it, I doubt it will ever stop. The stories within it are timeless.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Indeed. I think KS will be with us as long as theres word of mouth. Or Microsoft creates an OS that it won't run on. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And there's always the Linux version...

(While OS X is my primary OS, let's face it, Apple's even worse than Microsoft about deprecating things...)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:And there's always the Linux version...

(While OS X is my primary OS, let's face it, Apple's even worse than Microsoft about deprecating things...)
I thank my Lucky Stars that KS works on Macs every day, man.
Pandas

Hanako (no spoilers)

Post by Pandas »

So basically i found this game. Literally beast moded it and played 6 hours my first day.
I was immediately drawn towards Hanako because of the type of person i am.
Next day i finished her storyline.
Through out the whole time i played the game, obviously not direct connections but Hanako and my actual girlfriend have quite a bit alike but Hanako seems even better than my girlfriend because after a year and 4 months of being with my girlfriend. She's still very sad no matter what kinds of thing we do to fix it..
Now i'm addicted to Hanako ultimately because she's quite similar to my real girlfriend and it's bothering me.
I don't even want to progress further into the game with different characters because i feel that none of them would be any good.
I think i'm addicted.
What do i do? ;-;
RandomPerson

Re: Hanako (no spoilers)

Post by RandomPerson »

Play for emis route. Play it until you get the bad end( first you may get good end that's even better). You'll cry so much at how she's an emotionless zombie you won't remember hanako and it will make you want to hang on to any realationship you've got.
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

RandomPerson wrote:Play for emis route. Play it until you get the bad end( first you may get good end that's even better). You'll cry so much at how she's an emotionless zombie you won't remember hanako and it will make you want to hang on to any realationship you've got.
Cry that Hanako is an emotionless Zombie or that Emi is?
it's just very difficult because i literally feel addicted to Hanako.
Because Hanako is so much like my girlfriend yet better it's like i just have a better version of her.
Yet the story ended which makes me want to cry my eyes out.
FML.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

No one wants to help me :c
I swear this isnt a troll ;-;