The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Guest Poster »

Actually, they were both in the wrong. I didn't really feel proud of Hanako, because she was partially to blame for the situation as well and her "shutting him down" wasn't really a concious effort, but rather a knee-jerk reaction that she probably felt sorry for the moment he walked out of there. The only thing I did was shake my head at the tragedy of two people who basically loved each other blowing up their (admittedly disfunctional) friendship in a way that probably left both feeling miserable. If a situation has nothing but losers, you don't feel proud of any of the participants.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

pandaphil wrote:Potato may disagree with me on the point, but I came away from the bad ending actually feeling proud of Hanako. Hisao was acting unreasonably and she shut him down.

The only upsetting part is the possible repercussions. And that's easy enough to fix in your headcanon.
Oh, I definitely disagree there. They were both unreasonable self-centered twats in that last scene. And they're not the only ones. :lol: It basically goes like this (spoilers for all bad endings):

Hanako end: Both were selfish twats not thinking of the other person. ("I'm sad so I'll hole up for days without contact! SURELY NOBODY WILL WORRY!" "I'm concerned so I will apply overbearing pressure to an already fragile structure. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?")

Lilly end: Both were dense idiots, just not thinking much at all. ("Gee, I sure would like Lilly to stay. Oh well!" "Gee, I sure would like to stay. OH WELL!")

Emi: Mostly Emi's fault with her stonewalling nonsense, but Hisao probably didn't have to go mouthing off about her daddy.

Rin: Entirely Hisao's fault, only because Rin can't help it.

Shizune: Hisao had basically nothing to do with the conflict, so he's more or less blameless here.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Potato wrote:Shizune: Hisao had basically nothing to do with the conflict, so he's more or less blameless here.
Except, you know, the whole sticking his dick in Misha thing. Which added tons of guilt to the conflict, and is what triggers the bad ending.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Let's agree to disagree. I can do that calmly. I wasn't going to say anything at all actually, but ignoring someone is not something I like doing often.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

*sigh* See H&H? We have a lot in common. Apparently we're both wrong about everything.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Anyone want to fight about it in Soul Calibur? :lol:
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Guest Poster wrote:I'm with Bhtooefr...it's possible you are afraid of watching that scene because you're afraid Hisao's thoughts in that scene would reflect your own too much and the bad end would act as some sort of mirror, having your favourite character challenge and maybe even reject your own beliefs. And that it might change the way you see her as a result.
Would that change the way you see yourself as a result?
And if that's the case, it's all the more important that you do play Hanako's Bad End. Living in ignorance may feel like the best option, but it's far being the best option. Playing that bad end can help you recognizing some of your own faults, thus allowing you to change them and become a better person. That's what Emi's bad end did to me.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

*sigh* See H&H? We have a lot in common. Apparently we're both wrong about everything.
If that was aimed at me, my post basically merely reiterated something Cpl Crud once said...namely that both Hanako and Hisao were to blame for the bad end and it wasn't just Hisao's fault. No need to get defensive. :)
Let's agree to disagree. I can do that calmly. I wasn't going to say anything at all actually, but ignoring someone is not something I like doing often.
I guess we can, but it's still weird you like a character so much while you're at the same time afraid to watch her bad ending, in other words ignoring her bad side. Heck, Hanako's phrase from her website profile says "Can you face your fears?". If she can and you can't, then your waifu failed to set the good example.

To be honest, I don't think people's reactions are anything personal. It's just very jarring to people when someone does a truckload of Hanako-gushing while at the same time completely missing the aesop of her route. Although frankly, Hanako's route has had that effect on quite a few people over the years. She's probably the one girl with a sizable Misaimed Fandom. (warning: TVTropes link)
Would that change the way you see yourself as a result?
And if that's the case, it's all the more important that you do play Hanako's Bad End. Living in ignorance may feel like the best option, but it's far being the best option. Playing that bad end can help you recognizing some of your own faults, thus allowing you to change them and become a better person. That's what Emi's bad end did to me.
The central moral of Hanako's route is laid out in both her good and her bad end. It's just that her good end is more subtle about it while her bad end throws it in your face, requiring weapon-grade obliviousness to miss it.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:
If that was aimed at me, my post basically merely reiterated something Cpl Crud once said...namely that both Hanako and Hisao were to blame for the bad end and it wasn't just Hisao's fault. No need to get defensive. :)
Nah its cool. I'm used to being told I'm completely wrong when I post a comment or theory. I'm not exactl y what one would call an expert on human behavior. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

You shouldn't see it as "being shot down by someone", but merely "someone with a different opinion disagreeing with me". Because that's what it really is. ;)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:You shouldn't see it as "being shot down by someone", but merely "someone with a different opinion disagreeing with me". Because that's what it really is. ;)
Thanks for that. I do tend to feel a bit silly when you disagree. Since to be honest, I respect your opinions a lot.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'm honored to hear you say that, but opinions are still opinions, respected or not. My opinions aren't gospel either and are sometimes corrected by others as well. There's no need to feel silly.
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

I got 100% now and I feel genuinely depressed that there isn't any more story thats 'canon' to experience. I'm still enjoying some fanfics though. (Such as Guest Poster's 'Sisterhood')
Last edited by Denabu on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^I get the sense that shouldn't be talked about much. :lol: On the other hand, I do like Grid1.
Potato

Post by Potato »

bhtooefr wrote:
Potato wrote:Shizune: Hisao had basically nothing to do with the conflict, so he's more or less blameless here.
Except, you know, the whole sticking his dick in Misha thing. Which added tons of guilt to the conflict, and is what triggers the bad ending.
That's a non-issue. It's not even discovered and the relationship still implodes quite nicely without Hisao's help. :lol:
pandaphil wrote:Apparently we're both wrong about everything.
If it's true that you're wrong about everything, then even the claim that you're wrong about everything is wrong...Which proves the claim, thus making you right about that. Which disproves the claim, making you wrong. Which proves it right yet again. I've gone cross-eyed.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.