The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sennit

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by sennit »

I have nothing against Shizune, but of all 5 girls her path is my least favorite. Not that I'm saying I didn't enjoy it cuz I most certainly did. I just didn't get those hardcore feels in the same way as I did for the others. In fact, I felt worse for Misha than I did for Shizune. But that's just one opinion.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:So when I think of Shizune's ending, good or bad...

Lilly goes back to Scotland, Hisao isn't with Hanako, and she graduates all alone.

Aw man, just the thought is depressing. :(
I think if hisao wasn't around and akira bought the wine, hisao would hit on Lilly instead. and with more wine to drink with hisao gone and akira at work, I think that night would end differently. :D . But then, that just my preferences.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

pandaphil wrote:
Oddball wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Shiizune's routes is one of the most emotional so save it for last. :cry:
I think this is the first time I've ever heard anybody say that.

Well I'm glad someone thinks so. All I keep hearing is how bad it is.
I love Shizune's route as much as I love the rest of Katawa Shoujo, but I think what Oddball means is that it's not particularly emotional until the final chapter; it's a contender with Lilly's for the most lighthearted and casual story arc.
Steinherz wrote:So logically, she would decide against it (or bring Hanako with her)
Wow, I'd never thought about that, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Hanako has nothing tying her to Japan if she never befriends Hisao, and the wealthy Satous can certainly care for one more person. Yeah, I like this idea. Inserted into head canon.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:So when I think of Shizune's ending, good or bad...

Lilly goes back to Scotland, Hisao isn't with Hanako, and she graduates all alone.

Aw man, just the thought is depressing. :(
Shizune's route is the only one where we know that Lilly doesn't leave for Scotland. She has a decent length scene in Shizune's bad ending shortly before graduation.
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Dr. Casey wrote:

Wow, I'd never thought about that, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Hanako has nothing tying her to Japan if she never befriends Hisao, and the wealthy Satous can certainly care for one more person. Yeah, I like this idea. Inserted into head canon.

I've always thought of it as kind of a win/win solution for both of them. I'm surprised nobody has done it as a fanfic yet.

Though Hanako would be scared to death of moving to a new country and learning a new language, I imagine the thought of losing Lilly and being alone after graduation would frighten her even more.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu May 16, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

pandaphil wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:

I've always thought of it as kind of a win/win solution for both of them. I'm surprised nobody has done it as a fanfic yet.

Though Hanako would be scared to death of moving to a new country and learning a new language. I imagine losing Lilly and being left alone after graduation would frighten her even more.
it's on my to-do list. :D all it takes is two bottles of 91' red and white

I currently got about 12 different ideas in my head for fanfiction, I'm seriously considering merging a couple into one big long story, but I'm worried I'll slip into bad fanfiction habits that way.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Not sure what Lilly's dad would think, considering he's apparently the one who ditched his blind daughter because she was an inconvenience. Hopfully her mom's a nicer person though and would welcome Hanako with open arms. Since she speaks Japanese, I can see her being a huge help in making Hanako comfortable in her new home.

If all else fails, I'm sure Akira would step in to help out.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

pandaphil wrote:Not sure what Lilly's dad would think, considering he's apparently the one who ditched his blind daughter because she was an inconvenience. Hopfully her mom's a nicer person though and would welcome Hanako with open arms. Since she speaks Japanese, I can see her being a huge help in making Hanako comfortable in her new home.

Honestly I don't think he CARES what Lilly does. Why would a important businessman such as himself be bothered by his blind daughters pitiful fads when he has an older, sighted, more "knowledgeable" daughter that's probably going to need no grooming to become the heir to his company.

My uncle's a chairperson for an international beer firm. that above is his mind set to his own two daughters, minus the blind part, and the younger one's been raised by her aunts more than her parents. Depending on the willfulness of the mother hanako will be beprobably welcomed or ignored.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

simmr001 wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Not sure what Lilly's dad would think, considering he's apparently the one who ditched his blind daughter because she was an inconvenience. Hopfully her mom's a nicer person though and would welcome Hanako with open arms. Since she speaks Japanese, I can see her being a huge help in making Hanako comfortable in her new home.

Honestly I don't think he CARES what Lilly does. Why would a important businessman such as himself be bothered by his blind daughters pitiful fads when he has an older, sighted, more "knowledgeable" daughter that's probably going to need no grooming to become the heir to his company.

My uncle's a chairperson for an international beer firm. that above is his mind set to his own two daughters, minus the blind part, and the younger one's been raised by her aunts more than her parents. Depending on the willfulness of the mother hanako will be beprobably welcomed or ignored.
Hanako would be ignored then, if allowed to stay at all. The mother ditched Lilly just the same as the father.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Depends whether the mum grew enough of a spine from seeing her daughter's happiness to take more of a vested interest.

Sorry, Lilly's situation remind me of my uncle's family. And not in a good way. :evil:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I like to think her moms a nice person. At least she seemed to be when Hisao talked to her on the phone briefly. The dad's probably the overbearing type, or shes a very traditional submissive Japanese woman.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

pandaphil wrote:I like to think her moms a nice person. At least she seemed to be when Hisao talked to her on the phone briefly. The dad's probably the overbearing type, or shes a very traditional submissive Japanese woman.
She's supposedly Scottish, which is surprising as many Scottish women I've met are family focused as and strong willed as a general rule. I do agree with you though, another thing ,bout Scots, they're tolerant.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

simmr001 wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I like to think her moms a nice person. At least she seemed to be when Hisao talked to her on the phone briefly. The dad's probably the overbearing type, or shes a very traditional submissive Japanese woman.
She's supposedly Scottish, which is surprising as many Scottish women I've met are family focused as and strong willed as a general rule. I do agree with you though, another thing ,bout Scots, they're tolerant.
Guess I need to do my research. I thought the mom was the one of Japanese descent?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
simmr001 wrote:
Guess I need to do my research. I thought the mom was the one of Japanese descent?
Nah, the mom's a Scot.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Yeah, she mentions it in the library after kanji has a bone to pick with hisao.

If her native blood kicks in I think hanako will do fine, as will Lilly obviously. This comes begrudgingly from a southern Englishman. :wink:

Father will probably kick up a fuss early, (Japan logic: you sleep with multiple people of the same gender? Fine. You have a short term relationship with the same gender? Fair enough. Serious relationship? Discouraged,Discriminated, Disowned.) But if hanako can hold her ground, I think he'll get over it.