The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pyramid Head

Re: Depressed

Post by Pyramid Head »

A good thing to follow up Katawa Shoujo with is a video game called Spec Ops: The Line. Katawa Shoujo makes you feel warm and fuzzy and chips away at cynicism, Spec Ops: The Line makes you feel so disgusted with yourself it makes you physically ill on your first playthrough. FUN FUN FUN!

But don't take my word for it, here are the relevant Zero Punctuation videos on the game:

The Review
The Follow-up
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Man, for me the highest point has to be Lilly fucking with Shizune without Misha realizing it.
Did she not realize or not give a fuck? :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Did she not realize or not give a fuck? :lol:
Good point, maybe she was enjoying how flustered/upset Shizune was getting. Misha does deserve some kind of retribution for her unrequited feelings after all.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:Man, for me the highest point has to be Lilly fucking with Shizune without Misha realizing it.
Did she not realize or not give a fuck? :lol:
Obviously she didn't realize considering how slowly it took to penetrate her five inch thick skull that Lilly and Shizune were fighting. I guess she was distracted by the sight of Shizune's panties during that scene.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
DuckergonTOD

The "feels" bazaar.

Post by DuckergonTOD »

I'd like to start out by thanking the devs. Especially Nicol Armarfi. You all are a truly wonderful team of brilliant minds and artists. Thank you for this gift to us. I only wish I could have done something to earn it. Haha. I have extensive theatre, dialogue and music experience if there's everything I can do. (just teasing. I'm sure you guys get offers all the time. I'm hardly qualified to work amongst people of your caliber. ) BUT I DIGRESS.

It would seem that I'm a bit late to the party. I feel like my life is in shambles and I don't quite know what else I can do.
I started playing katawa shoujo about 2 weeks ago.
And...I just...I can't get over these feels. Since I started, I've played through every good ending.
My issue isn't quite straight-forward as "waifu doesn't exist". I've never felt like they were my "waifu". But the emotions that this VN has elicited from me in such a short time, are worth mean so much more than anything I've felt in many years. I haven't experienced raw emotion and happiness of this level since childhood. Like seriously, drugs, sex, love, the best of outings, NOTHING has made me feel like this in so long. I got addicted to that feeling. And now that it's gone I feel like my life is at an utter stand still. Like I have no where to go. And I know this sounds completely irrational, which makes it worse.

Everything about KS is just perfect. Especially the music... Cloudland swing, Teatime, Fast Forward, Three stars, Innocence, too name a few.
Any time I hear one of these I have to choke back tears.
I've watched the cinematic's over and over. Rin's head tilt get's me every single fucking time.
Rin's last line in her good ending...

I know this all sounds incredibly pathetic. So, I ask you all, what do you do to get over feeling like this?
Last edited by DuckergonTOD on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wish I could get over these feels...
Xanatos

Re: Feels.

Post by Xanatos »

DuckergonTOD wrote:(yes, this is another KS thread)
On a KS forum? Imagine that...

Do something productive or find a creative outlet. But first, complete the neutral and bad endings too. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

wait few days for it to cool down
then do it again
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Hahaha, 'Everything I Say Is Right.' That's a perfect name for his book. :lol:

Go to the Fan Fiction section and write out your own version of Jigoro's biography. That would be a fun read.
DuckergonTOD

Post by DuckergonTOD »

Xanatos wrote:
DuckergonTOD wrote:(yes, this is another KS thread)
On a KS forum? Imagine that...

Do something productive or find a creative outlet. But first, complete the neutral and bad endings too. :P
XD you caught me. I came here after realizing the frivolity of going to 4chan.
Thanks for the advice. The problem is though I already have plenty of creative outlets. I'm a music major, so all day is a creative outlet. I feel like I may be going through serotonin withdrawal. I got addicted to happiness.

Dr. Casey wrote:Hahaha, 'Everything I Say Is Right.' That's a perfect name for his book. :lol:

Go to the Fan Fiction section and write out your own version of Jigoro's biography. That would be a fun read.
That is an excellent Idea! I don't know if I'd have the discipline to pull it off and do it justice though. I've never written a fanfic.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I don't think it's pathetic at all. I'm sure everyone on these forums has felt the same way at one point. I mean, these are the Katawa Shoujo forums. We wouldn't be here if we hadn't been effected by the feels, ya know?

I was going through this last week, (it's still kinda there, but it's calming down). I finished Rin's path and I was just at an emotional high point. Haven't felt like this in my entire life. Much like you, I was addicted to it. But when I completed the game, I felt even more feels then ever. I knew that there was nothing left of KS. I wanted to "be with the characters" more, but their stories were over. I felt kinda lost and I wasn't sure what to do.

To get rid of these feels isn't easy, but I usually just watch something funny. Go watch some KS parodies. You'll get your daily KS fill, without the feels! Katawa Shoujo break

Other than that, I just do things I like to do. Hobbies. Drawing and playing music usually gets my mind off of those damn feels. Try and do something that you like.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Can't escape them the moment I play Outasight's "I'll Drink to That" on my player.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Can't escape them the moment I play Outasight's "I'll Drink to That" on my player.
Okay, that's it. YOU need to find more than one song to listen to all the time. :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Can't escape them the moment I play Outasight's "I'll Drink to That" on my player.
Okay, that's it. YOU need to find more than one song to listen to all the time. :lol:
I probably have to. Too lazy to get Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" on the player. Well, the local radio was happy to provide some MJ tunes.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I probably have to. Too lazy to get Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" on the player. Well, the local radio was happy to provide some MJ tunes.
Can I suggest you some Led Zeppelin? Bron Yr Aur is an awesome love song about a dog.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
DuckergonTOD

Post by DuckergonTOD »

KeiichiO wrote:I don't think it's pathetic at all. I'm sure everyone on these forums has felt the same way at one point. I mean, these are the Katawa Shoujo forums. We wouldn't be here if we hadn't been effected by the feels, ya know?

Other than that, I just do things I like to do. Hobbies. Drawing and playing music usually gets my mind off of those damn feels. Try and do something that you like.
Thanks for the advice and sincerity. It does feel good to know there's a community of people who understand. :)