The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Need Advice from Post KS feels

Post by Xanatos »

Nobody in Particular wrote:That Emi face always bugged me. Why would you use the same face for lewd thoughts and being pissed off?
To keep the guy on his toes, obviously. :lol: Imagine if he mistakes 'pissed off' for 'horny'...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
kelper

Re: Just wondering..

Post by kelper »

I will :D, I am right now actually.

Damn Ace Attorney, It made me like VNs, and I didnt know you could get so into the story. Before that, I only played, like, Sim City and stuff like that :lol:
Shadowstalk

Post by Shadowstalk »

KeiichiO wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
That Emi face always bugged me. Why would you use the same face for lewd thoughts and being pissed off?
I like the several faces Emi made. Most of them are adorable, but that one is kinda hard to make out. Most of the time it means she's horny for some Hisao, but it could also mean you pissed her off. Either way, it's absolutely priceless!
I couldn't have said it better myself! It's fun seeing HIsao in a clueless state like that. Usually he's smart enough to see how someone's feeling but nope. Not with Emi.
Here's my Twitter
Hardrockman911: I'm sorry. I know I'm not pretty, like Lilly.
Shadowstalk931: It's okay. Nobody's pretty like Lilly
Hardrockman911: ....
Hardrockman911: I hate being friends with you. I hope you know that.
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

Coleman wrote: I didn't see anything in the VN topic that I hadn't already played, and I still feel like KS is better than all of them. Seeing relationships done realistically while avoiding all of the common terrible VN traps is difficult to top.
I'm curious as to how many VNs you have played, because there are literally hundreds that have been recommended in that thread. Not all VNs focus around romance and relationships either.
Ever 17 was my favorite before Katawa Shoujo, I actually like all of the infinity series. Although maybe that isn't the best example because there is a romance element to Ever 17. I also really liked Critical Point but I know that one doesn't count.

Hmm, trying to remember a VN without romantic relationships being a major plot point is surprisingly difficult.

You know what, I'm going to just start typing VN titles until I hit something without a sexual or romantic scene in it, because I've already gone through tons in my head with no success. You are a mean spirited person; you knew this would happen.

Dragonia, nope Princess bathing scene. Witches & Woodlands. :shock: Actually I think Witches & Woodlands might not, but that game is actually horrible.

Is there a good VN without any romance at all? Like at lest technically proficient because I already know they are not my personal preference. Thinking...

Okay I suck. You win. I'm sure I'll think of one randomly while I am driving. Don't think this is over. :evil:

Edit: Bleh I feel like there are tons but I just can't remember the names. Or I'll remember some random scene where romance was at least implied.
Preferences: 1-Lilly 2-Emi 3-Hanako 4-Rin 5-Shizune
Play Order: 1-Hanako 2-Shizune 3-Emi 4-Lilly 5-Rin
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Coleman wrote: Hmm, trying to remember a VN without romantic relationships being a major plot point is surprisingly difficult.

You know what, I'm going to just start typing VN titles until I hit something without a sexual or romantic scene in it
VNs without romance as a major plot point: True Remembrance, Narcissu, Juniper's Knot, Hanachirasu, Planetarian
VNs without any romance: Narcissu, Juniper's Knot, Planetarian

There will definitely be more out there, according to VNDB I've only actually played 47 so my experience is limited somewhat.
Coleman wrote:Actually I think Witches & Woodlands might not, but that game is actually horrible.
Wasn't that a fanfic for Umineko?

Apologies to OP for derailing thread.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
kelper wrote:Hey.. this is my first post in the forum!
Completely ridiculous but common. Keep playing.
Hey kelper, i see you've met Xanatos in what probably one of his best one-liners. In any case, i would recommend you to follow his advice and keep playing, the other routes are extremely well-crafted and moving tales as well, and with very unique styles. Only good things will happen if you keep playing unless you have a gunshot wound.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
kelper wrote:Hey.. this is my first post in the forum!
Completely ridiculous but common. Keep playing.
Hey kelper, i see you've met Xanatos in what probably one of his best one-liners. In any case, i would recommend you to follow his advice and keep playing, the other routes are extremely well-crafted and moving tales as well, and with very unique styles. Only good things will happen if you keep playing unless you have a gunshot wound.
:lol: I love seeing my one-liners quoted around here. A ton of people on the Minecraft forums carry my words in their signatures without even knowing it (I had seven accounts, all with a penchant for one-liners...I got banned a lot. xD).

@kelper: Keep playing and try to avoid flowcharts. I find it spoils the story a bit to remove the choice/suspense element. And don't wuss out on bad or neutral endings. All endings (13 in all) add something to the experience. :P And Ace Attorney is more an adventure game than a VN. /nitpick

After Emi, I'd recommend Hanako's or Lilly's. Shizune's is a great last route because it ends on graduation day from Yamaku.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

kelper wrote:And, this is weird, Its the first time it happens to me with a game, but, does it happen to you that when you start a new path, you feel like you are kinda "cheating" on the character you played with before?
No, but since playing these kinds of games is almost all I do (I don't have the reaction times and brain power for more action oriented stuff) I'm probably not a good frame of reference.

I will say that this is the first game where I have been genuinely concerned about the fate of a character by not following their path.
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

Nobody in Particular wrote:VNs without any romance: Narcissu, Juniper's Knot, Planetarian
I guess I can see why someone would say Narcissu is without romance. I probably just read too much into their relationship. I mean they do run away together.

Juniper's Knot counts. I didn't like it, which is probably why I didn't think of it, but that's my problem.

Planetarian was all about him liking her and wanting to keep her, or at least that is what I remember. Downer ending for sure. Maybe it's just my immaturity again but I thought the whole point was the junker caring about this robot too much. Maybe my definition of romance is too broad.

You are right about this being off topic though. I'm not trying to brag or anything when I say I've played a lot of VNs. It is part of a short list of game types I am capable of playing, without help anyways. I tend to do a better job of remembering the ones I like, and those seem to have romance elements.

To Topic Creator: You should definitely try to play all the routes and see all the endings. It helps to not think of the bad endings as having actually happened. They are just showing you different sides to characters you care about. Even on the other girls' routes you occasionally learn things about the ones you are not pursuing that you never see on their own routes.
win746

Post by win746 »

Apologies to OP for derailing thread.
Nah, it's fine. I enjoy reading what you guys posts.
Coleman wrote:
To Topic Creator: You should definitely try to play all the routes and see all the endings. It helps to not think of the bad endings as having actually happened. They are just showing you different sides to characters you care about. Even on the other girls' routes you occasionally learn things about the ones you are not pursuing that you never see on their own routes.
Thanks, I'll try that. I'm already feeling better now, thanks to all your advices.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Nekken

Re: Depressed

Post by Nekken »

You're not alone by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not sure we're really equipped to give you what you need. Have you considered seeing a therapist?
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Time heals all wounds (except for everyone in Katawa Shoujo's), you'll be alright after a few days. Emi, Rin, Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, they all made it, why can't you? Or we, for that fact?
Now, if this is a psychological issue, our comforting words may not be of so much help, and you should give note to a professional. If not, then I present some comfort for you.
pandaphil wrote: Emi would kick your ass if she read your comments.
...And no lemon flavored lube for your behind, my friend. Emi gives no mercy. Cheer up, we wish you the best.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I find a trip to the convenience store always cheers me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovmtKSQTVU
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I always find a trip to the convenience store always cheers me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovmtKSQTVU
SHE PUT HANAKO IN THE MICROWAVE AHAHAHA!

The rest was great too but...Ha. XD (Silly Misha, get that egg off your head. :3)
Dream

Post by Dream »

Man, for me the highest point has to be Lilly fucking with Shizune without Misha realizing it.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos