The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: My god, I am just so devastated.

Post by Xanatos »

majin wrote:@Xanatos well im starting to find this out. To be honest this started to happen so much(but not on such a huge level mind you) that I stopped watching anime all together cause I was depressed all the time. That was just because the story was over for me but this is a whole other beast for me.
Find less depressing stuff to enjoy.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
majin

Post by majin »

Well if I wasn't so utterly destroyed(kidding(kinda)) then I we would't be having such a great time with this post. Maybe you might also feel more sympathetic towards me if you knew I've never had relationship with someone of the opposite gender in , well lets say, never. (and im 18) But I've always been told I'm mature, at least in most ways not of the heart.

Is bleach depressing, cause it made me depressed?
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

majin wrote:Well if I wasn't so utterly destroyed(kidding(kinda)) then I we would't be having such a great time with this post. Maybe you might also feel more sympathetic towards me if you knew I've never had relationship with someone of the opposite gender in , well lets say, never. (and im 18) But I've always been told I'm mature, at least in most ways not of the heart.

Is bleach depressing, cause it made me depressed?

Well man, spend less time with VN's and more time interacting with women. I'm really not trying to be a dick here when I say this, but maybe the last thing you need is anime/VN's, because they can give off a skewed perception of romance.

But just because you haven't had a relationship doesn't make you sympathetic. Save it for the right girl, man. If you really want to vent, check out the Hanako's broken heart club. The guys over there are pretty decent people.

Also, never watched Bleach. Have you watched Fullmetal Alchemist:B, however?
That's depressing right there. It's like the game of thrones of anime.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
majin

Re: My god, I am just so(less) devastated.

Post by majin »

Never watched game of thrones but I know what you mean about FMA. Thats old depression for me. Also this is the first VN i've ever done, never saw the point but since i've heard such a fuss about this one i decided to try it. Lastly i'm shy as all hell when it comes to girls man.I didn't talk at all until 9th grade, i've always been too reserved (or something) I guess you could say. I get the skewed perception of romance trust me, I've come to terms with that. What little of a conversation I've had has made me feel better somewhat.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

majin wrote:Is bleach depressing, cause it made me depressed?
Trick question. Bleach is depressing but only because it sucks and everyone loves it anyway. Like Naruto, Call of Duty, Avatar, or Justin Bieber. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

majin wrote:Never watched game of thrones but I know what you mean about FMA. Thats old depression for me. Also this is the first VN i've ever done, never saw the point but since i've heard such a fuss about this one i decided to try it. Lastly i'm shy as all hell when it comes to girls man.I didn't talk at all until 9th grade, i've always been too reserved (or something) I guess you could say. I get the skewed perception of romance trust me, I've come to terms with that. What little of a conversation I've had has made me feel better somewhat.

Hum. Well, less talk about your girl problems mate. I do have some advice for you, approach girls just as other guys. Don't be gaudy, but don't make advances on them. Ask yourself if you would say what you're saying to a guy if you're conversing with a chick, and treat them as people, not a piece of meat or a potential girlfriend.

But yeah, all girls are different, just as all guys are different. I'd like to say I'm well versed with people in general, especially women, as most of my friends and acquaintances think I'm gay with how I hang around some of them.
I kind of feel like I'm bragging, like being considered 'gay' is an achievement if you're a perfectly straight male.

But FMA is the worst ever, it really does seem like an up-beat sort of anime at first, and it just gets worse... and worse...

"Daddy still has work to do!"

"Ah, what a horrible day for rain."

And don't forget the granddaddy of feels...

Nina.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
majin

Post by majin »

yea..... nina. But real quick though, I'm not one to try to act suave or anything, I usually just try to be (wait for it) me. If I don't know them through one medium like a friend then I freeze up and stop talking. Same goes with a friend in general, but for instance to make a guy friend feel awkward i'll do something that (may or may not) be taken as gay but I can never do anything like that to a girl. Cause then I guess I wouldn't find it too funny.
By the way i'm sorry about dumping my life to some random guy but I guess it's cheaper than a shrink(i also deflect if things start to get serious) butanywaythatsall.
majin

Post by majin »

Xanatos wrote:
majin wrote:Is bleach depressing, cause it made me depressed?
Trick question. Bleach is depressing but only because it sucks and everyone loves it anyway. Like Naruto, Call of Duty, Avatar, or Justin Bieber. :lol:
Don't like COD or JB, used to watch naruto and as of a few years ago stopped watching bleach. so i mean, not like i'm hoppin on the bandwagons.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:It's a game, mate, no need to declare your undying love for a particular character.
You realize you're using the Mai Waifu ending from Analogue as your avatar?

^_^
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
majin

Post by majin »

I guess to sum it all up its because all this is fake is the main reason. And trust me I know full well how rediculous this sounds because I've been through it in my head telling myself that. I know it's dumb, these aren't real people, but it made me feel happy from beginning middle to end but once it ended there wasn't anything else and that's when my depraved mind went into overdrive. But thanks for the advice that I was given. Sounds even dumber but I think I'll become a bit of a better person because all this, again silly, but still.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

majin wrote:I guess to sum it all up its because all this is fake is the main reason. And trust me I know full well how rediculous this sounds because I've been through it in my head telling myself that. I know it's dumb, these aren't real people, but it made me feel happy from beginning middle to end but once it ended there wasn't anything else and that's when my depraved mind went into overdrive. But thanks for the advice that I was given. Sounds even dumber but I think I'll become a bit of a better person because all this, again silly, but still.
There's a thread full of VN suggestions if you'd like more stories. Alternatively, replay KS after some time or check the fanfics/fanart.
win746

Need Advice from Post KS feels

Post by win746 »

Hi, I'm new to the board and I finished Hanako's and Lilly's path, Lilly being the latest one. After finishing Hanako's route with good ending, I felt happy and depressed at the same time, but I got over it. Then I finished Lilly's good ending, and now for 3 days I've been distracted and depressed. I just don't know what this feeling is, hard to describe, its just like empty.

I've never been in a serious relationship before, so I'm not sure if its just I'm not used to the emotion from this VN. This is the first VN I've ever read, and probably the only romance(ish?) novel I ever read before.

I'm guessing that I'm rejecting reality or something, since I spent my weekend playing two routes of the game, and it seems that when I'm bored and/or alone I have this empty feeling again. When I'm around friends, its still there but I could hardly feel it.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, and I'm sorry if I'm just posting another "generic" feels thread, I just need to get this off my chest.

I may need serious help. :(
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Enemy |

Re: Need Advice from Post KS feels

Post by Enemy | »

Time fixes everything.
Meanwhile, if you're feeling "empty", fill out the emptiness with something. Pick up a hobby, use your free time to do something you enjoy instead of sulking.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to the board. And yes, you're feeling exactly the same thing that 95% percent of us here have experienced.

And Enemy is right. Those feelings will subside in time. But til then, try channeling them into something positive. Check out the board and read other members experiences, Google for fan art, check out Youtube videos, or even better, preach the wonders of KS to all your friends and share the love.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

Thank you, I'll go try that right now.

I did talk to my friend who got me into this in the first place, and I manage to change some of those empty, negative feelings to positive. :D
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!