The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Axelownz

Re: The feels

Post by Axelownz »

Yep, thats what happens to everyone, its normal.

My feels from this game started with my first route (Emi) and they were pretty intense, then my second Route (Rin) some real life stuff happened that hit me real emotionally and combined with the feels of that arc and really intensified them, was pretty horrible for about a week. After i finished all the routes i still had the feels for about a week a but they went away, i think i got Netflix around that time and started watching shows, and the feels faded away.

Like others said, you can apply it to something like others have, or just wait it out like it did.
Blankiepoo

Needing some advice.

Post by Blankiepoo »

So i recently discovered this game, and sad to say I really only started to play this game because I was expecting it to be more like a dating sim. But after actually reading through and getting involved with the story I started to really be touched by this game. I went through the Lilly story line first, and I have to say I have never cried like I have for that story. And after I completed that story I had this strange feeling in my chest that I couldn't explain. The more I thought about it, the more it made me agitated. The first night after finishing the game the only thing i dreamt about was the game. I soon realized the feeling in my chest was sadness. Sadness, because somewhere deep in my heart I really wanted for this story to be real, and that somehow I would find myself intertwined with it. I have a very active imagination, but I have never experienced anything of this nature. After realizing this, I tried to get some of my close friends to play this amazing story, with no success. So here I sit, writing on the forums, hoping to find someone to talk to about this wonderful story just to ease my mind. :?
lukesrp

Re: Needing some advice.

Post by lukesrp »

What you are going through are "feels" We all have been through them - so welcome to the club.

I went through the same thing when playing Hanako's arc (which you should do if you enjoyed Lilly's arc). You are associating something that you want to be or change about yourself with Lilly's arc. Maybe you want to have a relationship like Hisao and Lilly do, maybe it is some other need in your life. You should think about why you feel so hard about this arc and motivate yourself to accomplish this goal.

After playing Hanako's arc I had the same feeling. I felt not quite sick, but I felt a strain in my mind - "feels". Before then I had just finished Emi's arc, after playing these two arc's I realised my "feels" were associated with me trying to regain my level of fitness I had a few years ago. I have now started a running plan and I have never felt better. Also after playing Hanako's I have felt the need to not be so pushy and always try to see the other person's perspective. This may seem like a small change to most of the forum but I feel great about myself now.

As I have said before, you playing Lilly's arc has unearthed some deep yearning inside to change something about yourself or to being/continue doing something. I believe "feels" are not a bad thing as it means people are now sub-consciously associating there selves with the game, trying to be better people.

The best advice I have heard about "feels" Is just to take that emotion and apply yourself to something. When you can think about Lilly's arc without have a deep feeling in your gut - you are in the path to being the person you want to be.
Last edited by lukesrp on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Blankiepoo

Post by Blankiepoo »

Thanks, I was not sure if anyone would understand what I was saying. And thank you for the warm welcome :) . And it is nice to have this explained to me, I have always had issues with losing people that are close to me so I usually go around joking and not taking anything seriously, trying my hardest to not let anyone really "know me". That's how I've been for a long time now. Maybe that's why I tried to get my friends to play this in the first place? But, this makes a lot more sense to me now. Thank you for taking your time and responding to me.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

No problem man, best of luck with trying to help with your "feels"

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Blankiepoo wrote:Thanks, I was not sure if anyone would understand what I was saying. And thank you for the warm welcome :) . And it is nice to have this explained to me, I have always had issues with losing people that are close to me so I usually go around joking and not taking anything seriously, trying my hardest to not let anyone really "know me".
Huh, you sound like Emi. Or maybe it's just my imagination :P
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
gandimandi

Post by gandimandi »

Hi guys!

I just got through with the emi path, without any cheating just with my decisions and i got the good ending and still after that game I am really sad that its over now and dont know what to do. I miss that little girl... i tried play it again on another arc but everytime she showa up my heart jumps a little bit....I would be glad if someone would write me an E-Mail to kandler.christoph.ck@gmail.com i dont like discussions that public and hope someone could spend a little of his time for me :/
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Fiandra wrote:
Blankiepoo wrote:Thanks, I was not sure if anyone would understand what I was saying. And thank you for the warm welcome :) . And it is nice to have this explained to me, I have always had issues with losing people that are close to me so I usually go around joking and not taking anything seriously, trying my hardest to not let anyone really "know me".
I thought so too. And the feels have only just begun my friend.
Blankiepoo

Post by Blankiepoo »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Fiandra wrote:
I thought so too. And the feels have only just begun my friend.

I really would not know, I have not quite gotten to her story yet. I think I might have to get to it tonight then if you say so. If any of the other stories hit me half as hard as Lilly i'm going to be an emotional wreck.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

gandimandi wrote:Hi guys!

I just got through with the emi path, without any cheating just with my decisions and i got the good ending and still after that game I am really sad that its over now and dont know what to do. I miss that little girl... i tried play it again on another arc but everytime she showa up my heart jumps a little bit....I would be glad if someone would write me an E-Mail to kandler.christoph.ck@gmail.com i dont like discussions that public and hope someone could spend a little of his time for me :/
You're more likely to get a discussion here in private messages than email...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

The feels are mighty indeed, many of us have been there.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

"Feels" are a good thing though. No matter how down or confused I felt about my "feels" I always new it was for my best, as I sub-consciously wanted to make that change, but I didn't have the motivation. After having the "feels" take their effect on me, I have never felt better.

leechmaster

Post by leechmaster »

back off my lilly braaahh
Blizzagan

Can someone Please give me some Help and advice here.

Post by Blizzagan »

Hi, I downloaded Katawa Shoujo somewhere before January 19 which is what one of my save files say and I've played Hanako's Route up to Act 3, Falling, and I stopped playing it for a while which I don't know why and months later when I saw the shortcut on my start menu, I started playing it again, but here's the problem for me, I first saw this game when this guy was Livestreaming it (this was the game that introduced me to visual novels) I was interested and when I first saw Hanako, It was love at first sight (don't judge me) so I downloaded the Game but now after several months of not getting back to playing, whenever I see Hanako when shes on screen, I don't feel all that Love and that Immersion I had when I first started playing because of not playing it again in such a long time most of the feels and attachment I had with the characters has Worn off (Not to mention its been a Year now), Nowadays I learned that I have to play Visual Novels on a Friday Night and Keep playing it til I'm completely done with it, All routes cleared and everything, ( I don't mean make an all-nighter to finish it, I'm saying play Friday, Saturday and Sunday Night to Hopefully have Finished everything.) I not sure without that Immersion and feels I had when first playing, I don't think that if I try to finish it, the game won't leave an impact on me or make me cry or anything Like everyone else that played the game all the way to the end (No wonder, since its been so long since I last played it) which is just very sad to me. :cry: Can somebody just Please help me out here, I wanna get Immersed and feel Attached to Hanako and the other girls like I used to once again. (and if I repeated some things over and over, I'm sorry, Its just once again, I REALLY wanna Finally Enjoy this game again that's all I want. :cry: Thank you for trying to Understand and Please reply as soon as Possible.
TonyTwoFingers

Re: Can someone Please give me some Help and advice here.

Post by TonyTwoFingers »

You could start fresh, and play through her route from the beginning.