The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

misterprinny

Re: pulse of life

Post by misterprinny »

Welcome to the club, buddy. :lol:
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Sound's like you'll fit in just fine here. We hope you enjoy your experience with the VN and with the forums. :lol:
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

misterprinny wrote:Welcome to the club, buddy. :lol:
You know, some people will find strong attachment to one of these characters strange. I call it great storytelling, and anyone who has a problem with it can go to hell. So I'm glad KS was able to bring that emotional spark to your life, too.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

If you had capitalized the word "I" and if there was more than one period and if you had included some line breaks, then I think it could be a really good piece of text that you have there.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

A Forum Member wrote:If you had capitalized the word "I" and if there was more than one period and if you had included some line breaks, then I think it could be a really good piece of text that you have there.
*sigh*, here I go again.
jjvoodoo wrote:I go on a website called funnyjunk, and this game/visual novel/whatever you want to call it, is gaining popularity on that website. I'm not one for romance things so I wasn't goint to try it, but after many recommendations I decided to. I started playing it for maybe two hours at a time, but I slowly stared playing more and more until I'd spent an entire day playing it. At first it kinda weirded me out but, I'm not sure how to explain it, I felt emotions I never thought I would feel again. I felt happy, and hopeful, and at times, sad or angry. Hell, it even brought tears to my eyes a few times.

None of you know me, so I'll tell you, for a long time I've basically been dead inside, hating the emotions that others had. All I felt was hate, spite, venom, anger, disgust. And when I made my first playthrough I felt a pulse of life that has become so foreign to me. When I got teary-eyed, half the time it was due to how beautiful that pulse inside me was, how it made the ice in my veins melt, if only for a bit. I can't really explain it in words; I'm not good with words, and I don't even really know what I'm trying to say or what point I'm trying to make, or even if there is one. I just needed to say something because I don't know how to deal with good emotions anymore. I just had to say something.
I think it's a bit melodramatic, but it really is a deep statement, "good with words" or not. I think a lot of people on this forum have felt like this at some point - I know I certainly did.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Welcome to the club. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
someone19

The feels

Post by someone19 »

Hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums. I just made this account.

(Apologies for certain mistakes I might have made in the text below. English is not my native language)

I found out about katawa shoujo a little while ago. It got mentioned on some website where this is rather known. At first I wasn't really interested. I saw this pretty much as "cripple hentai". Especially the thought of dating cripple girls made me not download this VN. However, after having read more about this, I decided to give it a go anyway.
I liked it immediately.

First I wanted to go for Lilys route, but I ended up doing Hanako's. I got the good ending, fortunately. It was still pretty sad and it did make me cry. After that I pulled up a walkthrough and did Lily's good ending, followed by Emi's. After Hanako's route it took me about a day to get a very little over it and the the other routes. I think I will do the other 2 too, but have not done it yet. I don't really think I can do them right now, even if I wanted to.

Well, right now I feel pretty sad. I believe that this is known as "The Feels" here.

I feel rather sad right now, a bit depressed. Those 3 routes I did so far were really great. I also learnt things from them.
I guess I just feel sad because it's all over right now. Each route, it's like meeting someone new. You experience a big part of their life, but eventually you have to say goodbye.

But on the other side, this VN has also motivated me. To change my life.

Right now I am pretty much probably the most unsocial person known to man-kind. My life exists out of staying home, either sitting behind a laptop or worrying about school. I rarely ever go outside. At school I try to avoid as many people as possible. I do not know why. I do not suffer of any certain medical conditions. I'm just extremely unsocial, and to be honest, I hate it to be with other people.
Obviously this is not really good. Katawa shoujo has given me a motivation to change it, be more social and stuff. (However, I doubt I will ever get to do that, considering it is the complete opposite if the life that I am living right now).

Anyway, back to the feels now.
As I said before, I'm pretty depressed right now. What do I do? Is it normal to be like this? Will it go over? Do I just wait or do something?
Xanatos

Re: The feels

Post by Xanatos »

Perfectly normal. Wait it out or channel it into something. Maybe break from KS for a bit and play something else. There's a whole thread of suggestions. When you feel better, go after the neutral and bad endings if you like. They're quite good. And dear god, if you don't enjoy feels, be wary of Rin's route... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Some people experience it harder than most, but we've all been through that.

The biggest thing you can do is take the emotions that it gave you and apply it to something. A lot of people will tell you that should be some sort of creative expression, but for me, it was the push over the cliff to change my life. I've gotten closer to some people that I'm really glad I know - that my life would be broken without - and I've finally made the effort to start dropping weight (I feel healthier than ever, damnit).

I guess the best thing to do, though, is not to let it drag you down so much. Personally, Hanako is extremely close to me, and she's in my thoughts pretty often. You haven't finished Katawa Shoujo. When you do, there's a lot of very well-written fanfic and well-drawn art that is honestly just as heartlifiting. And when all that has come to pass, you don't have to let go. You can keep it in your heart even as you go and dive into other stories.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

While many of the routes will leave you sad, I don't consider it a bad type of sadness. Some stuff is even depressing, but it's still fiction, and it comes out in an ... inspiring manner, so to say.

Difficult to describe I suppose. Hrm.

For example, you did Hanako, right? Well, it's pretty heavy stuff, her social isolation, the sex scene where she sexes you out of hopelessness and dread, not out of love or lust, the way she becomes fragile in seconds. But at the same time, she changes over the course of the story, right?
Now add in how she changes in Lilly's story.

And then, consider Hanako's question: Can you face your fears?
Can you overcome the innate fear nearly everyone has when it comes to social rejection? Can you open up to someone independent of whether they like you at the end, and can you handle them opening up in return (and you potentially not liking who they are)?
Because that's Hanako's "message", so to say. Although I got no clue how much the writers intended their stories as "messages". Although I suspect at least Aura spent considerable amounts of time on that with Rin, I don't know how cpl_crud and Suriko handled that with Hanako. But the question fits each respective path pretty nicely. :)

If you feel depressed after a path, maybe it struck a nerve? In that case, see it as motivation! You know a little bit more about something you want to improve now!
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

You did Hanko's act and you feel changed, motivated in fact. You will fit in well here.

After I finished I felt a rush of emotions on me. I really thought hard about myself and how had thought of Hanako as a "broken person - someone who needs protection or help to become normal" Of course throughout the arc you do come to realise that this train of thoughts and actions is actually pushing Hanko away from you and tearing apart your relationship with her. I immediately felt disgusted that I had been thinking that way, that I had never thought of reversing the perspectives. In Hanako's final scene she tells of her mistrust of people, and how she only allowed Hisao to have intercourse with her due to she thought that he may never think of her as a real person to have a relationship with - because she loved him, and didn't want Hisao to view her as a broken person as she thinks he will leave her, like the rest of her old friends. I think, like a lot of people, this is what gave them the "feels" you have now.
FoxtrotZero wrote:The biggest thing you can do is take the emotions that it gave you and apply it to something.

Couldn't have said it better. You have feels like this because Hanako's route has made you recognize a flaw or a desire in your life. Take what you feel inside yourself and motivate yourself to change and satisfy that "feel". For me it was exercise, after playing Emi's and not really having a lot of feels, but then finishing Hanako's route the next day I felt motivated and obliged to begin running and get back to the level of fitness I was in a few years ago. Since then I have began running everyday. This is what my feels were associated with, I know it is small time, for you it may be a bigger or even a smaller issue than that. That is for you to decide however.

I would not say you a depressed, being depressed is not something that happens overnight. You are just experiencing the "feels" that we all have gone through while playing this VN. You say that you feel a need to change now, well go ahead and change then, it is a long road but if you feel like you need to change then apply yourself and It will happen. My "feels" went away after 2-3 days after beginning my exercise regime. However my motivation is still there, I think If you start to change yourself to how you want to be; the "feels" will start to subside and you can continue improving yourself the way you want to be.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Welcome to the club, mate ;) feels are totally normal for new KS readers. Changes to yourself as an individual would not happen if there's no motivation from within. lukesrp pretty much explained it all.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

You're gonna carry those feels
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

FunnyJunk? Chances are you are here because you saw one of posts about Katawa Shoujo there :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
yummines

Post by yummines »

Wall of text inc

Next time space out your text so it's easier to read

Otherwise, welcome to the world of crippled anime girls. Pick Rin cause she is best girl. Have nice day