The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by Xanatos »

Dizzeh wrote:I'm also new haha :lol: , but wow this describes the feels i get with Emi, i just can't do another path and can't bring my self to do that 'bad ending' as i feel i could lose a part of my self.
Ah, suck it up and play. :P You too, Tuna.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dizzeh

Post by Dizzeh »

Xanatos wrote:
Dizzeh wrote:I'm also new haha :lol: , but wow this describes the feels i get with Emi, i just can't do another path and can't bring my self to do that 'bad ending' as i feel i could lose a part of my self.
Ah, suck it up and play. :P You too, Tuna.
I just don't think i could haha
Emi, I love you <3
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Xanatos wrote:Ah, suck it up and play. :P You too, Tuna.
It's too difficult maan :mrgreen: It feels to bad if i try to get the bad ending intentionally.
Sure it would be cool to see how the story goes, but still... can't just do it. Maybe im just an emotionally attached dumbass :mrgreen:
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.
SemisoftCheese

"Why you Feel"

Post by SemisoftCheese »

I think we can all agree that KS deals out serious feels.

I wonder, however, why people get so many feels out of KS? I'm pretty well-read and versed in multiple types of media, and never have I before come across such a striking work. Excellent writing, artwork, and music aside of KS, I'm sure there's another reason why we all feel so much.

For me, I saw myself working out my failed relationships into successful ones. I was drawn to the light of KS because it told me what I was missing in terms of my actions, and how I should proceed forth. I guess to put it succinctly; I felt because I identified so well.

Thoughts?
Xanatos

Re: "Why you Feel"

Post by Xanatos »

Thoughts: "What the hell is semisoft cheese? It's either hard or soft. Where's the middle ground?"

People will always feel for things they identify with.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
miniducks

Post by miniducks »

Yeah it's hard to not get emotionally invested in something like KS.

Hanako's path in particular was like somebody was writing about me.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

When a story is so well written that you start feeling bad and upset for people that don't exist, that's when you have feels. Many may feel emotionally affected by a story they can relate to, but I personally am a very sympathetic and empathetic person. That said, Hanako's story touched me the most. Even with 100% and bonus image, I'm still ready for more of her. Started to draw her too. Stuff just got serious!
Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: Just finished the game and this is my first post. Oh man

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I think the best advice I can give for after finishing the game is this: Even after 100% and bonus image, that's just the beginning. Getting to that point is only the "charge up." After that, take all the energy given to you and create something with it. Go do fan fiction and fan art. Go help someone with their fan project. This works even better for people who can work with code and animation unlike me. I've already started drawing again after over six years. That dying desire in me was finally brought back to life again after so much pain.

So yeah, in a nutshell, take your energy from playing KS and go create something.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

How do you get the bonus image? I never spotted it outside of the fact that my gallery has a missing image despite it saying i have 100% completion.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Pyramid Head wrote:How do you get the bonus image? I never spotted it outside of the fact that my gallery has a missing image despite it saying i have 100% completion.
You need to see all endings, even the neutral ones.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:How do you get the bonus image? I never spotted it outside of the fact that my gallery has a missing image despite it saying i have 100% completion.

...the blind spot would be the Lilly's bad ending then since the bad ending only plays one instance differently, it wouldn't show up on the completion ratio.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Pyramid Head wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:

...the blind spot would be the Lilly's bad ending then since the bad ending only plays one instance differently, it wouldn't show up on the completion ratio.
Exactly. Nice pun. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

personally, I don't think I ever really got over finishing Katawa Shoujo. I don't think it's as possible as people think, truth be told. Right now I'm writing a fanfic, on this site, that's effectively a retelling of the game (of Hanako's arc) from Hanako's point of view - that's been my way of getting over the game after finishing it. Continually writing about it has been my method of release and whatnot, but when it's done I reckon I'll just go back to that feeling of "what do I do now?" that I had when I finished my personal last arc (Lilly's, for the record). Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
ThatOneGamer

Post by ThatOneGamer »

I think we can comfortably state that KS is incredibly well written. Whatever the subject, the route, the characters, the writing, feeling so transparent, allow the ready to easy project himself into the story. Also, the fact that every story is different, every character teach us something different in different ways, having such diversity allow a great amount of readers to find himself somewhere. Whoever you are, you'll find something interesting in KS. All this diversity coupled with a top notch writing, allow (almost) everyone to immerse himself deeply into the game, making the player subject to emotions more easily.
Moreover, the story feels really realistic. Pretty much everything seem believable. This allows the reader to justify his feelings, and prevents him to think "this is just a game, I shouldn't get emotionnal for a game". It does not feel like a game, it feels like a thoroughly crafted piece of art that is made to express something about life and love.
And it's perfectly ok to feel emotional about these subjects (at least in our culture).

There are more ways to describe why playing KS makes you feel so much emotions, but I think that the easiness of the projection and the motivation created by how the subjects are approached are the most significants features that allow such a flow of feelings.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Xanatos wrote:Thoughts: "What the hell is semisoft cheese? It's either hard or soft. Where's the middle ground?"
Well, if you have to put it that way...

I was looking for another answer, a je-ne-quois. Obviously KS is well-written and such, but I'm wondering if there's more to just identifying with KS.

My gut instinct is, while repulsive, that there's something elusively charming about making beautiful, well, developed characters vulnerable and identifiable through their disabilities.

This is a pretty harsh statement--so don't bash me too hard for it.