The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FoxtrotZero

Re: Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by FoxtrotZero »

djuroi wrote:I just finished Katawa Shoujo, and i can't stop myself from constantly looking back on it. I went down the Emi path with no walkthroughs or guides and got the good ending. Whenever i try and start a new game to try Lilly's path i just cant do it, i feel as though Emi has forgotten me after everything we have been through, i know its just a game but i cant stop myself from feeling as though it was all real and Emi had an actual bond with me. It sounds stupid if i try to tell someone because it just sounds as though i'm crazy. Did anyone else feel like this? Lost and happy, sad and confused? Why does it feel like i actually knew Emi even though she's just an anime character? WTF is happening to me!?
I understand how you feel. I just finished my first playthrough with Lilly. it gave me a rough week, and I'm going to have to get over it.

Honestly? I've decided to go with Rin over Hanako just to distance myself for a while. Likewise, you might do well to distance yourself from the game as a whole. I know it's what I'm going to do.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Kulthozuer

Post Katawa Shoujo Feels

Post by Kulthozuer »

So I just recently found about Katawa Shoujo about a week ago and downloaded it, started playing last Sunday and liked it so much Tuesday to Thursday I did nothing but play and 100% it (With breaks for stuff like class) I really liked it and wasn't depressed by it the feels made me feel really happy and such but now a day later I have lost all motivation to do anything. Like I can't find myself doing homework or practicing violin all I can do is read these forums. Is there anyway you guys got over post Katawa Shoujo feels? Or anyone just want to talk about the game a little or something to calm my feels on it would be good as well...
FoxtrotZero

Re: Post Katawa Shoujo Feels

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I myself am only a week old on that forum, and that doesn't count my lack of computer access on weekdays. So while I'm not entirely sure, I think there's already a few outlets for this sort of thing around that you're encouraged to use just so things don't get too cluttered.

Still, I know how you feel. Lilly's arc threw me for an emotional rollercoaster. I'm actually playing Hanako's storyline right now (well, I'm almost out of Act I) and with luck I'll finish this weekend.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Never got over them. Just channeled them into something more productive. Sometimes.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kulthozuer

Post by Kulthozuer »

Not trying to get over them just trying to fix my lack of motivation I found since playing this game, less because of the feels and more because of how long I played this game straight I can't really seem to find absolutely anything to do right now. Other games just seem wrong after playing that and I don't really have anyone to hang out with either. I would like to do something productive just not sure what I could do that is productive really.
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

After Katawa Shoujo I started to watch/read a combination of feelsy and humorous VNs and animes
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Personally, KS made me take a look at my life. I've always been kind of a lonely guy. I've only been in a group of tight-knit friends twice, one of which I was forced to lose upon going to High School (damn you, zoning rules). And I'd never really made a friend, they'd all approached me. I'd long had a fear of being judged by people. I came to determine that I was settling for someone it was easy to be, instead of the person I wanted to be.

Honestly, most of the effects were emotional or mental. This came in the wake of properly acknowledging my depression and properly dealing with it instead of shrugging it off. I was a lonely enough guy that I more or less fell for a fictional character, but I had no delusions. It wasn't necessarily Lilly I wanted to be real, it was what she represented, and that hurt.

So I was forced to, more or less, get over it. Come to terms might be a better phrase, but regardless, I think I'm a better person for it. There was a ripple of changes I made in my life, associating with more people and being more open, and on at least one front I think I was successful. All in all, I feel better for it.

So, yeah. Katawa Shoujo is extremely well written. I think the creators are regularly surprised with just how deeply it can affect people. But the key is letting it affect you in a positive way. As much as I would love to close myself in a virtual world, it's not exactly healthy, and more importantly, it just can't be managed with the world we live in.
Kulthozuer

Post by Kulthozuer »

Yep, thats why the ONLY thing I want to do is find more VN's or anime's like Katawa Shoujo but I'm pretty sure if I do that its going to become and cycle and be all that I do and I will miss all my classes so I'm not trying to forget the game just distance myself from it for a time until I can balance stuff like this with my normal life again. I think the real solution is obvious, the Admins should ban my IP from this forum... Yeah that'd work.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Kulthozuer wrote:Yep, thats why the ONLY thing I want to do is find more VN's or anime's like Katawa Shoujo but I'm pretty sure if I do that its going to become and cycle and be all that I do and I will miss all my classes so I'm not trying to forget the game just distance myself from it for a time until I can balance stuff like this with my normal life again. I think the real solution is obvious, the Admins should ban my IP from this forum... Yeah that'd work.
Trust me, I'm an administrator on a small forum. Having to ban someone so that they're able to get their work done is a pretty drastic move. Likewise, I understand the difficulty of balancing work and leisure, and that's why I'm not permitted to use my computer on weekdays. Painfully drastic measures, but they generally work.

But, yes, distancing yourself might be a good idea. Don't just try to stop playing it, though, because trust me, that doesn't get you anywhere but miserable thinking about it. Find something else to fill your time that genuinely interests you, and start picking that activity over playing Katawa Shoujo. Just make sure you don't get so into it that you don't get work done.

Also, you're starting to sound like Rin.
ZatchiOnii~san

Post by ZatchiOnii~san »

Kulthozuer wrote:Yep, thats why the ONLY thing I want to do is find more VN's or anime's like Katawa Shoujo but I'm pretty sure if I do that its going to become and cycle and be all that I do and I will miss all my classes so I'm not trying to forget the game just distance myself from it for a time until I can balance stuff like this with my normal life again. I think the real solution is obvious, the Admins should ban my IP from this forum... Yeah that'd work.
I can sympathise as well. Though to regulate myself I get out of the house and away from the computer. It is a good Idea for "Near Addicts" to get fresh air once in a while. Just go for a walk to channel your thoughts to the things you need to do. Take a deep breath and take time to look at something other that the monitor. Er screen of a laptop. That's what I do.
Image <----Click please! :D
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

ZatchiOnii~san wrote:
I can sympathise as well. Though to regulate myself I get out of the house and away from the computer. It is a good Idea for "Near Addicts" to get fresh air once in a while. Just go for a walk to channel your thoughts to the things you need to do. Take a deep breath and take time to look at something other that the monitor. Er screen of a laptop. That's what I do.
Mmh. My High School has some nice grass and trees (nothing like, say, Yamako, but it's still impressive for a public school) and me and my adopted group of friends generally spend lunch on a grassy, shady gnoll. It's a really nice place.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:grassy, shady gnoll.
:o YOU SHOT JFK!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:grassy, shady gnoll.
:o YOU SHOT JFK!
I shouted out, "Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all, It was you and me
TheHellionTrooper

Post by TheHellionTrooper »

It's the first thing I ever got into without my friends who are into anime forcing down my throat, and I really loved it. It depressed me though, alot. To the point of making me realize I need some proffessional help. So now I'm on anti-depressents/anxiety medications, and I'm gonna start attending therapy hopefully very soon.

Yep. True story.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

TheHellionTrooper wrote:It's the first thing I ever got into without my friends who are into anime forcing down my throat, and I really loved it. It depressed me though, alot. To the point of making me realize I need some proffessional help. So now I'm on anti-depressents/anxiety medications, and I'm gonna start attending therapy hopefully very soon.

Yep. True story.
You too? Join the club. I'll hopefully be arranging some therapy soon.