The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: What am I GOING TO do?

Post by Megumeru »

Hmmm...

looks like you have the common symptoms of 'FEELS'.

Don't worry, it'll pass in time. One thing you can do is to check the 'emi's couch to 5k thread' and run. Keeps you heatlhy--and your 'FEELs' in check.

you can check the FF section or the Shimmie too.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

jump into something new, like an anime or a game.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Take that energy from the feels and put it to good use. DO somethign you always wanted to do, but never dared to. It worked for me :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

ravenlord wrote:Basically the feels are a powerful force -- if you harness them correctly then you can really make some profound changes in your life, things that maybe you did not think were possible for you before. So rather than try to forget about KS, try instead to grab it with both hands and use it to carry you forward to something dynamic in RL. :D
This one speaks wisdom. ^_^
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

After playing Lilly's route, I was out of commission from The Feels for a couple of days. I find just taking a break works wonders... For example, I just started up Diablo 3. If that's not your style, find another game that is. Alternatively, look at all the goofy Katawa Shoujo videos on YouTube. That kept me entertained for a good long while! :lol:
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

rydiafan wrote:It's just a game ppl ....

Honestly if KS messes ppl up that badly get real help .... im not being a troll or mean or insulting ... but if ppl can't handle KS how will people handle real life ... sure we all felt the feels but most of us handle it knowing it is a game / VN ... blah why even bother ... no one listens to me lol
Knowing that KS is not real and that it's just a VN is part of the problem for many. It's not "handling it" per se, but missing it that causes issues. But usually, it fades out in a couple of days.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Booze. 'Nuff said. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
yummines

Post by yummines »

encrypted12345 wrote:
yummines wrote:2) are totally different (like... Yume Nikki)
I'm pretty sure Yume Nikki will just make the poor guy's condition worse. :lol:
hmmmm thats probably true.

i would go with something mindless or ridculous then.

like watching Bobobobobo or playing Serious Sam
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Lurk these forums, it works for me.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

acewing905 wrote:It's normal to miss KS after playing it. It's actually a good idea to skip any bad endings that you didn't get on the first try. Anyway, try to take a break. Do something else. Keep yourself occupied. Watch some comedy. :D Good luck! :)
Remember, whatever you do, keep yourself occupied, unless you're taking a nap. Both work like magic. :)
This tip right here, is the best I can think of as well. Or you can somehow do something that inspires you. Kinda like, if you like Emi, go do jogging and live the dream! wahaha~ Or play other games that's addictive like skyrim. (not really good for your social life though)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I write fanfics to keep it in check. You could try that :)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
demonix

Post by demonix »

I've got enough to keep me in check, but then I started fanfic writing even before I got 100% (which I haven't even reached yet).
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Start taking up drinking alcohol.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Start running, I'm doing just that, the 'FEELS' got me pretty badly. Also try reading something that just makes you want to insult the characters. I started Kimi no Iru Machi this weeks, a manga, and I just fucking hate the protagonist, Haruto, he's a douchbag. Breaking up with Asuka... unforgivable.
oh yeah, there's also booze, but I wouldn't go with that, I for an example, get into a funny mood, then 2-3 hours laters is all laments about how I've always screwed up with the girls I've liked or that fell for me. Pathetic, I must say so myself.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Kielox

Post by Kielox »

KS is one of the most emotionally fulfilling journeys I have encountered in any media, ever, and it is not surprising that many people experience withdrawal effects after the last scene of the game fades away and you realise that the story of Hisao is done and dusted, and it is time for you to get back to your own story. Well, for one, make that story count, take the experience from the game and put it to good use in your real life, and whatever you do, just try to make sure that the characters from the game live through you: you can start right away by being more caring and understanding to the people you love, and show some consideration to the people who need it.
Another thing you can do is find something to do that connects you to the game or one of the characters. For example, I've started experimenting with drinking various sorts of tea since I started going through the Lilly route, which works for me as I generally love tea. I guess wine is next. :)
The other thing I started doing was to actually start learning Japanese. I know it sounds a bit weird, given that the game was written in English by non-Japanese people, but, nonetheless, this gets me connected to the KS world. Also, it is hugely enjoyable - I have been happily scribbling away the Japanese Hiragana vowels for about an hour today and it was a truly calming time.
To conclude, just take that energy and channel it somewhere where you can make it productive! Good Luck!
K.
King of a hundred horsemen.