Team Kanetsuki - Four Leaf Studios, QA

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

William Phillips

Team Kanetsuki - Four Leaf Studios, QA

Post by William Phillips »

First I was like to compliment your team on the impressive Youtube tech-demo (
I'm William Phillips, project manager and lead developer of the visual novel Kanetsuki no Monogatari. I have a few questions about Katawa Shoujo that I'd like to ask your team. Things about group management, distribution, advertising, game engine, recruitment, networking, etc. etc.
From what I gather, Katawa Shoujo will be one of the first NA created visual novels (unless we beat you to publication first :wink: ). I think it would be important for groups such as ours to get together early on and discuss the future of VNs made by Americans (unless I'm totally out of the loop and such a platform exists). What would be the best way to get in contact with you?

Screen shot from Kanetsuki no Monogatari:
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Team Kanetsuki - Four Leaf Studios, QA

Post by Aura »

Somehow it feels like we can tell more stuff about how NOT to do things, but what the hell. Feel free to elaborate on these questions you have and I'll answer them to the best of my ability (or some other insightful member of 4LS will). Best way to contact us collectively is to join our public IRC channel #zettai-shoujou@irc.rizon.net. Depending on your timezone and join-time, you might catch different people or find yourself on a half-dead channel. You can just keep chatting in this thread as well, or even send forum PMs to randomly targeted people

There actually is an existing English-language visual novel -community, which collectively has published around 100 games or so. Alos, am I to understand from that screenshot that your game will have traps?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Just a moot point, really, but hardly any of our team are Americans.

I could ramble on for ages over this (servery) however in the interest of brevity and goodwill I'm willing to let it slide.
I'm all for cooperation and such.

But Aura is right, there's also the guys over at lemmasoft ( http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/ ), however if you go there you will ahve to brave the primordial soup that comes from hundreds of games almost being created. It's a strange place.

Anyway, tired, didn't meet writing goals this week, sore back, I think I'll leave it at that.

Feel free to ask more detailed questiosn here or in the channel.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Annoy the shit out of the rest of the staff.

This is how I roll.