Interview With TheHiveMind: Emi Path Writer

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: Interview With TheHiveMind: Emi Path Writer

Post by Dream »

It seems Suriko is somewhat of a shy person so most likely there's not gonna be an interview with him. That said, as a practicing illustrator i have to admit that an interview with the artists would surely be a really interesting one.

By the way, cool interviews, i don't recally ever seeing an interviewer who could be that to the point with the person and keep such a friendly/laid back ambience as you managed in those videos. As a non-native english speaker it was very difficult to understand what was being said but what i did understand was interesting.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, there is at least one interview with Suriko out there. He did that together with Crud before the release of KS. Was more of a panel presentation with Q&A afterwards.
I think Aura did a chat Q&A at some point, but I might misremember that and it was one of the other devs.
As for the artists, I don't see them around the forums very much, and I don't know how regularly they check their PMs, but I think it's likely that you could get some of them for an interview - I think weee presented KS at a Con or two so she probably isn't too shy - if you can get a hold of them. They might still frequent the KS chat, or you could, for example, ask Hivemind to contact pimmy for you. (Or Crud for weee)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umbra wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to hear an interview with Aura. He seems probably the most secretive of all the writers. actually, I'm still not sure if he/she is male/female Also, I really liked Rin's path (and I'd like to say that it is, objectively, the best path.)
I think Aura's male. I recall being told as much after saying otherwise. :lol: And no path is objectively the best. Sorry. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

I'd love to know what's been said, but I'm Deaf... And no, YouTube's automatic captioning system is not really good... Due to not having any concept of 'context' more often than not I cannot make head or tails of those sentences, which often confuses me more than having no subtitles and just video :P. It provides a decent starting point though for making proper captioning.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kutagh wrote:I'd love to know what's been said, but I'm Deaf... And no, YouTube's automatic captioning system is not really good... Due to not having any concept of 'context' more often than not I cannot make head or tails of those sentences, which often confuses me more than having no subtitles and just video :P. It provides a decent starting point though for making proper captioning.
Youtube's captioning system fails at its intended purpose but you can get some great comedy out of it. They're NEVER right but the randomness can create some fun sentences. :lol: I once found captions about babies and tacos in a video about violence in video games.

If you like, I can give the video a listen and transcribe it for ya. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

If you like, I can give the video a listen and transcribe it for ya. :mrgreen:
That would be much appreciated, specially on Cpl Crud's interview.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Yeah, I'd appreciate that :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Alright then. I'll get to work on 'em. :mrgreen:
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Dream wrote:It seems Suriko is somewhat of a shy person so most likely there's not gonna be an interview with him. That said, as a practicing illustrator i have to admit that an interview with the artists would surely be a really interesting one.

By the way, cool interviews, i don't recally ever seeing an interviewer who could be that to the point with the person and keep such a friendly/laid back ambience as you managed in those videos. As a non-native english speaker it was very difficult to understand what was being said but what i did understand was interesting.
I thank you very much for the praise. I made a conscious effort to give that vibe during the interview and I am glad that it came through even to someone who doesn't speak English as their native language.

I would also like to thank Xanatos for deciding to transcribe the interviews. I very much appreciate it. :D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shintai wrote:I would also like to thank Xanatos for deciding to transcribe the interviews. I very much appreciate it. :D
I think I underestimated the bothersome nature of the task. :lol: Constant pausing, playing, rewinding if I forgot a bit...XD But I'm still getting it done. And the interview itself is proving worth a listen, actually. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to locate this mysterious "grid1" [It sounds so terrible xD]. Google Images turns up some awfully flat-looking art and I just gotta play it if I can. :lol:

While working on it today, I had a thought: "Kutagh's deaf...My god, he's never heard the soundtrack! Poor guy...:("
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hanako's route was inspired by Higurashi?? Holy shit I keep finding more and more ways to love this character. I'm a big fan of the Higurashi series, (Not hard to tell considering my user name inspiration) and I got so excited when he said that.
Umber

Post by Umber »

I'm going to listen to this soon, but can anyone tell me beforehand whether or not he has a special place in his heart for lemons?
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Xanatos wrote:
Shintai wrote:I would also like to thank Xanatos for deciding to transcribe the interviews. I very much appreciate it. :D
I think I underestimated the bothersome nature of the task. :lol: Constant pausing, playing, rewinding if I forgot a bit...XD But I'm still getting it done. And the interview itself is proving worth a listen, actually. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to locate this mysterious "grid1" [It sounds so terrible xD]. Google Images turns up some awfully flat-looking art and I just gotta play it if I can. :lol:

While working on it today, I had a thought: "Kutagh's deaf...My god, he's never heard the soundtrack! Poor guy...:("

Heh, ye of little faith. I am glad you liked it. I can imagine the task being a tedious one. When you're done with it, send it my way so i can link it in the description of the video.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to locate this mysterious "grid1" [It sounds so terrible xD]. Google Images turns up some awfully flat-looking art and I just gotta play it if I can. :lol:
Grid 1 is interesting to say the least.

The school is definitely a completely different location and an odd amount of emphasis is placed on it's history, Shizune and Misha look almost nothing like the final versions of the characters, and Hanako is almost completely different character altogether.

And with the use of monochrome grays-ish backgrounds, the whole thing has sort of a bleak and depressing feel.
Not Dead Yet
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Great work indeed. As was mentioned already, an interview with the artists would be awesome. I mean no disrespect intended towards the writers, but on any given project that incorporates any form of writing you tend to always hear from them and, unfortunately all too often, only them. So interviews with the artists would definitely be appreciated or, my personal wish, a bit of a longer sitdown with Delta. The direction and tech really is worth talking about with KS just as much as the writing when all is said and done.

And on one note of the interview...I think, in the end, 4LS put the *exact* right amount of thought into the sex scenes. They weren't over the top but they also held enough meaning for them to be a significant and, for me at least, indispensable part of each path (or at least were written so that one could derive their own meaning). Emi's scenes in particular have a wonderful arc to them (the first is the playful first-off, the second is the awkward kind that really is just figuring out what does and doesn't work and the last is the one that, while perhaps the shortest-written, actually means the most to the two involved - but hey: that's just my view on it). It's also so funny hearing how Hivemind got chastised somewhat for not being descriptive enough...and the shed scene, frankly, is one of the most honest portrayals of teenage sex I've ever seen in any kind of fiction and it's doubly so funny to hear that the inspiration and main cause for this honesty stems from Hivemind's own awkwardness about the whole thing shining through. :D

This was, by all means, worth my time listening to.