Interview With TheHiveMind: Emi Path Writer

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Interview With TheHiveMind: Emi Path Writer

Post by Silentcook »

Umber wrote:I'm going to listen to this soon, but can anyone tell me beforehand whether or not he has a special place in his heart for lemons?
I be your personal grocer. :p
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Loonie wrote:Great work indeed. As was mentioned already, an interview with the artists would be awesome. I mean no disrespect intended towards the writers, but on any given project that incorporates any form of writing you tend to always hear from them and, unfortunately all too often, only them. So interviews with the artists would definitely be appreciated or, my personal wish, a bit of a longer sitdown with Delta. The direction and tech really is worth talking about with KS just as much as the writing when all is said and done.

And on one note of the interview...I think, in the end, 4LS put the *exact* right amount of thought into the sex scenes. They weren't over the top but they also held enough meaning for them to be a significant and, for me at least, indispensable part of each path (or at least were written so that one could derive their own meaning). Emi's scenes in particular have a wonderful arc to them (the first is the playful first-off, the second is the awkward kind that really is just figuring out what does and doesn't work and the last is the one that, while perhaps the shortest-written, actually means the most to the two involved - but hey: that's just my view on it). It's also so funny hearing how Hivemind got chastised somewhat for not being descriptive enough...and the shed scene, frankly, is one of the most honest portrayals of teenage sex I've ever seen in any kind of fiction and it's doubly so funny to hear that the inspiration and main cause for this honesty stems from Hivemind's own awkwardness about the whole thing shining through. :D

This was, by all means, worth my time listening to.
Alright! You guys have made it abundantly clear, the artists need to be interviewed! I am gonna be honest, I don't know how to go about doing it, but I'll have to try something.

I think I agree with you on the sex scenes. I felt the were scattered enough and weren't too overboard. I liked them just fine and I don't think I would have them any other way.

I am glad you enjoyed the interview with TheHiveMind, did you see the ones I did with Cpl_Crud? I think you'd enjoy them aswell.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Yap, relistened to them again - was nice to have them in the background this afternoon to remind me a bit of what was said in them since my last listening this past summer. :) I remembered Crud's frustration over having to write Hanako's stuttering sometimes hahah "Dammit woman! Speak normal!" Yeah...but when it comes to character lines, it's tricky to know when a complication is just filler and when it actually helps remind the reader of the character's traits. I suppose that's where editors are invaluable. And the bonus idea of Rin becoming a dolphin? Damn! You know...I honestly think fanfiction in general should brave such wonderfully outlandish waters more often.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

All done with Hive's interview. Dunno if Kutagh wants crud's too.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:All done with Hive's interview. Dunno if Kutagh wants crud's too.
Not Kutaght but i admit i would appreciate it. Cpl_Crud's australian accent can be rather hard on a non-native :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

If you feel up to the job, I wouldn't mind it. But it's your time you're spending, so your decision ;)
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:All done with Hive's interview. Dunno if Kutagh wants crud's too.
Not Kutaght but i admit i would appreciate it. Cpl_Crud's australian accent can be rather hard on a non-native :lol:
Really? Obviously as an Australian myself I find the accent easy to understand, but I also find it easy to understand the various other English accents, including American, Irish, Scottish, etcetera. Perhaps you should try learning how to speak in our accent; it'll give you a better understanding and help you to interpret it better. Also you can sound Australian whenever you want to, which in places outside of Aus can be quite the drawcard.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

As a non-english speaker (though I should say I'm sometimes moreso comfortable with english than with my native language), I'd say it depends on how loudly and clearly it's stated for me. If it isn't, then yeah the accent can get difficult to understand. Like the voice audio on the original Mad Max - it was genuinely hard for me to understand the original spoken australian version, because the combination of the accent + spoken audio levels being lower than environment sounds was too much.

But with Crud's interview, as wonky as his mic got a few times, I understood him perfectly - because ultimately it was loud and clear enough.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Wow, mental lapse galore. I finished the thing and never put it up... :lol: Here ya go.

Kinda iffy on doing anything about crud's interview. Just hearing the music in the background of Hive's nearly killed me. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Xanatos wrote:Wow, mental lapse galore. I finished the thing and never put it up... :lol: Here ya go.

Kinda iffy on doing anything about crud's interview. Just hearing the music in the background of Hive's nearly killed me. xD
Yeah thanks. I assume the [text] parts are your personal comments :P And yeah, people think that making subtitles is relatively easy... But there is simply a difference between listening & knowing what has been said versus trying to actually properly transcript what has been said. Part of that is due to having to multitask between listening & understanding/memorizing a chunk and actually writing down that chunk. So just imagine an interpreter spoken->signed whom has to memorize a whole sentence, transform it into sign language, sign the interpreted sentence while memorizing the next sentence. Not as easy as it sounds.

Interesting interview, Shintai sure knows the right questions to ask. Wouldn't mind to read more interviews, especially with the other writers and artists.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kutagh wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Wow, mental lapse galore. I finished the thing and never put it up... :lol: Here ya go.

Yeah thanks. I assume the [text] parts are your personal comments :P And yeah, people think that making subtitles is relatively easy... But there is simply a difference between listening & knowing what has been said versus trying to actually properly transcript what has been said. Part of that is due to having to multitask between listening & understanding/memorizing a chunk and actually writing down that chunk. So just imagine an interpreter spoken->signed whom has to memorize a whole sentence, transform it into sign language, sign the interpreted sentence while memorizing the next sentence. Not as easy as it sounds.

Interesting interview, Shintai sure knows the right questions to ask. Wouldn't mind to read more interviews, especially with the other writers and artists.
They are. :lol: I PM'd the link to you as well. (There's a bad anal joke in there somewhere when they start discussing the sex scenes. I apologize. XD)

And now I can't stop picturing Rin as Shizune...

It was relatively easy. Just tedious. :lol: Listen, pause, type, unpause, listen, pause, type, unpause, listen, rewind to double-check chunk, pause, type...For every minute of video, it took multiple to put to text. :lol:

And I took a look at Hive's tumblr. Seems he's named his pet project since this interview but is still after an artist. :lol:
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

Wow! That was awesome of you to take the time and write practically every word from the interview. Nice job! :)
Dream

Post by Dream »

Oh man, i totally forgot about this. By the way, thanks for the transcription Xanatos.
Xanatos wrote:It was relatively easy. Just tedious. :lol: Listen, pause, type, unpause, listen, pause, type, unpause, listen, rewind to double-check chunk, pause, type...For every minute of video, it took multiple to put to text. :lol:

And I took a look at Hive's tumblr. Seems he's named his pet project since this interview but is still after an artist. :lol:
Yeah, transcription or translations can be very tedious works if not very difficult ones. It just takes a lot of patience, and it helps if you have a few songs to pass the time with.

And man, he's looking for an artist? I want to try and offer help so badly but i can't work out the courage to :lol:

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Oh man, i totally forgot about this. By the way, thanks for the transcription Xanatos.
Xanatos wrote:It was relatively easy. Just tedious. :lol: Listen, pause, type, unpause, listen, pause, type, unpause, listen, rewind to double-check chunk, pause, type...For every minute of video, it took multiple to put to text. :lol:

Yeah, transcription or translations can be very tedious works if not very difficult ones. It just takes a lot of patience, and it helps if you have a few songs to pass the time with.

And man, he's looking for an artist? I want to try and offer help so badly but i can't work out the courage to :lol:
:P I can offer it for you.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote: :P I can offer it for you.
Oh jesus i can only imagine it...
Hypothethical Xanatos wrote:Yeah man, that Dream guy is totally legit, a grade-A professional. Fast and reliable as fuck (...) Oh, his specialty? Hentai. The anal scenes are unmatched.