What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Enemy |

Re: Emotions - Where to proceed from now?

Post by Enemy | »

NoPurposeNaji wrote:EDIT :- In line with the topic, i'd like to ask how each of you proceeded once you finished an Arc. Each is wonderfully told, and i have no doubt you'd all have been affected in some way or the other. Share your stories! :D
Felt numb and void, and proceeded to rush into the other routes to fill the hole.
Was a half-assed job and I didn't fully enjoy Hanako's nor Lilly's route because of that.
So don't do that.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Now, we proceed to the farthest reaches of the universe. We proceed to its very end, and it's very beginning. We become eternal, and we become all that is.

We transcend existence, and we proceed to the asymptote, and we become the feel.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

NoPurposeNaji wrote: Cheers for that :)
I'm actually thinking of giving up KS, period.
Not that you'd be particularly interested to know, but i felt drawn to Lily from the moment I reached at her point in Act 1. Emi was also pretty interesting, and both their respective arcs were very fullfilling. To me, Hanako is someone i feel pity for more than compassion, Shizune just seems very off-putting and Rin seems like someone who'd never appreciate Hisao outside of her own abstract little world. Of course, to see everyone so strongly affected by them means they must be written amazingly well, But i guess i have what i came for...

Rant over :)
Hanako's path will kick the shit out of that pity, whereas Shizune and Rin take some effort because their respective mindsets can seem really alien to people who aren't like them. The people who can relate to each tend to become unnervingly devoted to them while those who don't make the effort just get confused and disappointed. Which ever you choose, take it slowly.

So yeah, maybe take a break from the game and let the feels propel you into doing that thing you've always been thinking of doing but never get to. You know the one.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

I remember when i played, i played my first playthrough blind, and wound up on Emi's path. I got really emotionally invested in her path and was unsure if i would be able to continue on with another girl. Well i ended up shooting for Rin's path next since she intrigued me while i played Emi's route, but every time i would see Emi, i would be like ," oh god! ITS EMI! <3" and i didnt get over that until my third route (Shizune). By then i was pretty much invested into whatever girl's route i was on, though i got some pretty massive feels from all of them. Emi's was bad due to her being my first, Rin's was bad due to real life situations happening during that route, Shizune's was a nice break from the feels, and i liked it for that. Hanako's i got some feels and then i ended with Lilly, and was like "OH GOD!!!!" Eventually all those feels faded though and are replaces with awesome memories of playing the game.
Arcfault

Post by Arcfault »

I really have to agree with everyone up top. I've literally been playing KS repeatedly for about three to four weeks now and while the "feels" I felt the first time aren't strong anymore, they're still there. Like you I will probably stop playing as much as I have been. I'd like to forget some parts of the stories and rekindle some of those feels again.

After reading Lilly's storyline, I couldn't fall for any other character like I did for her. Thankfully I had already played through Emi's and Hanako's story lines first so I really was able to invest myself into their character developments. When I played Shizune's storyline and had to choose against Lilly, I skipped the text as fast as I could when I first read Hisao's horrible choice of words. When she left the classroom I hated myself for siding with Shizune and felt similar when Lilly stumbles upon them building the stalls. Rin's storyline was good and I got the good ending, but it hit close to home from my days when I devoted myself to my art. Took a lot of work to move past that and to not emotionally invest myself in every piece I made.
When I reread Emi's storyline and you bump into Lilly in the library, she makes the comment that "I thought you forgot about me…" goddamn knife in my stomach.

I commented in another topic that being a father IRL gave Emi's storyline a powerful tug on my emotions when she talks about her father and his impact on her life. I only hope that my kids and I have that same level of connection. Plus Emi really reminded me of a girl I dated in high-school who was 4' 2" to me 5' 10" and she was very direct when it came to expressing herself romantically.

After finishing KS the first time, I started jogging/power-walking to try and get healthy again. I even rediscovered shusi and other Japanese foods to eat healthier. Plus, it motivated me unlike anything to pickup some of my old skills like animation and music.

Like everyone else above, take what you learned and felt from the VN and allow it strengthen you in ways you didn't think anything could.

Emi->Hanako->Lilly->Rin->Shizune->Lilly->Lilly->Lilly-><sigh> What the hell just happened?
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Arcfault wrote: When I reread Emi's storyline and you bump into Lilly in the library, she makes the comment that "I thought you forgot about me…" goddamn knife in my stomach.
I know how you feel. I had the same reaction after re-reading Emi's arc after I finished with Lilly's. Its easy to get emotionally involved with the characters. A little too easy.

My initial playthrough I ended up getting Emi's bad ending. It hit me hard. I didnt sleep at all that night. Maybe got one hour. Then on top of that I had to work the next day. I really had to bite my tongue at work that day. Thankfully I was able to keep myself from being an asshole. Then I went home after work that night, and after spending time with the family, I went back and replayed her arc and got her good ending. I felt a lot better after that.

Dont let a bad ending, or a lot of feels keep you from playing the game or pursuing other routes. IF your coming off a bad ending, go for a good ending like Lillys or Hanakos.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Axelownz wrote:I remember when i played, i played my first playthrough blind, and wound up on Emi's path. I got really emotionally invested in her path and was unsure if i would be able to continue on with another girl. Well i ended up shooting for Rin's path next since she intrigued me while i played Emi's route, but every time i would see Emi, i would be like ," oh god! ITS EMI! <3" and i didnt get over that until my third route (Shizune). By then i was pretty much invested into whatever girl's route i was on, though i got some pretty massive feels from all of them. Emi's was bad due to her being my first, Rin's was bad due to real life situations happening during that route, Shizune's was a nice break from the feels, and i liked it for that. Hanako's i got some feels and then i ended with Lilly, and was like "OH GOD!!!!" Eventually all those feels faded though and are replaces with awesome memories of playing the game.
haha if I were to explain what I feel about Emi, that would also be it since whenever I see her on my 2nd playthrough I feel the same.
Though I haven't finished the game so I hope Shizune's path isn't as bad as I think it would be. (I feel kinda...out of place with her for some reason. and a little bored.)

As for the topic, it shall all heal in due time. So do something that'll make'em happy in your memories. (I think that it might make you a better person.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Axelownz wrote:I remember when i played, i played my first playthrough blind, and wound up on Emi's path. I got really emotionally invested in her path and was unsure if i would be able to continue on with another girl. Well i ended up shooting for Rin's path next since she intrigued me while i played Emi's route, but every time i would see Emi, i would be like ," oh god! ITS EMI! <3" and i didnt get over that until my third route (Shizune). By then i was pretty much invested into whatever girl's route i was on, though i got some pretty massive feels from all of them. Emi's was bad due to her being my first, Rin's was bad due to real life situations happening during that route, Shizune's was a nice break from the feels, and i liked it for that. Hanako's i got some feels and then i ended with Lilly, and was like "OH GOD!!!!" Eventually all those feels faded though and are replaces with awesome memories of playing the game.
lol another one 'locked onto emi'.

Don't worry, I did that myself :)

I never really understood Emi the first time as it was my first playthrough and I was under the false first impressions I got from my friends. Then I played Lilly... and got the same reaction as you- the... OMG on the verge of tears face planting on my desk lol. The I played through the rest and enjoyed them all to a certain extent, Rin's was extremely well written but then I recently replayed Emi and got the feels again :)
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Lolzster wrote:

I never really understood Emi the first time as it was my first playthrough and I was under the false first impressions I got from my friends. Then I played Lilly... and got the same reaction as you- the... OMG on the verge of tears face planting on my desk lol. The I played through the rest and enjoyed them all to a certain extent, Rin's was extremely well written but then I recently replayed Emi and got the feels again :)
I think i may do an Emi playthrough again, and if i do i have a feeling i am gonna get all those feels all over again as well. Its gonna be fun to deal with all those feels again if i do. >_>
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Axelownz wrote:
Lolzster wrote:

I think i may do an Emi playthrough again, and if i do i have a feeling i am gonna get all those feels all over again as well. Its gonna be fun to deal with all those feels again if i do. >_>
By all means do so, but it will be more effective if you have a larger time gap before doing another path again. I'm replaying some routes now too after taking a long break

DEM FEELS :)
ImageImage

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

No worries there, i haven't actually played KS since like early march, so i think it may be time to go again.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Its a good thing we didn't play lilly first.

In emi story, lilly says 'I thought you forgot all about me' (OWTTF) = knife through heart if I had played Lilly first
ImageImage

HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I got the fuck over it.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
MajorasAnguish

Order?

Post by MajorasAnguish »

Well, I'm almost done. Doing Rin's now. I just wanted to ask everyone for the order in which the did their arcs. My order is Emi-->Lily-->Hanako-->Shizune..Rin. Personally, I absolutely loved all of the arc's but I broke down during Emi's and Lily's arcs because both of them are uncannily similar to past loves of mine, so it is kind of ironic that my first two arcs were theirs.
ImageImage
ShadeHaven

Re: Order?

Post by ShadeHaven »

The order I choose was Emi, Lilly, Rin, Shizune and Hanako. Each girl's arc was so different from each other, at least in that order. The one I remember the least was Rin's, so I'll probably redo her arc sometime soon.