What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

neio

Re: The Devotion Sickness

Post by neio »

It's completely normal. The first time I got Emi, and the second time I went for Lilly. On the second playthrough, though, Emi bumped into me in the hallway (see attached). I muttered to myself, "how am I supposed to NOT love that?"
Cue puppy eyes.
I played Emi's route again. :oops:

Eventually, though, I played all of the routes, and I'm happy I did so.
Attachments
emi_sad_depressed.png
emi_sad_depressed.png (96.97 KiB) Viewed 5374 times
Emi_1_1.jpg
Emi_1_1.jpg (337.82 KiB) Viewed 5374 times
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Been there. Nothing new. You'll get over it. And if not, get over it. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

i've felt the exact same feeling after Emi's route.

it took me a solid month to even try to try other character's route, Hanako's.
ending felt good and now i like Hanako much more than before.
but still Emi's got my dearest heart. yeah, she's my favorite.

what i suggest you is just don't forget the feel that you have for Hanako.
and if working on other characters' route make you feel bad, go back to just re-watch Hanako's ending to refill your feels.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I feel badly for the guys who played Emi's route after Lilly's route. Lilly twists the knife. :P

But I did really feel this while playing Shizune's route. During the fishing scene I wanted so badly to go home with Lilly.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

mysterycycle wrote:I feel badly for the guys who played Emi's route after Lilly's route. Lilly twists the knife. :P
Why? Their routes aren't even connected...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

neio wrote:On the second playthrough, though, Emi bumped into me in the hallway (see attached). I muttered to myself, "how am I supposed to NOT love that?"
Cue puppy eyes.
I played Emi's route again. :oops:

on my second playthrough of KS, I was on Hanako's route. And I couldn't help but turn my eyes away from the screen and skip all the parts that involve Emi.
especially when she bumps into me in the hallways, when she invites me to lunch, and when i had to decide not to show up to the morning jogging sessions.

oh Emi why are you so adorableh

by the way neio, where did you get such high resolution pic of Emi?
it's even bigger than the game's resolution :D !
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Xanatos wrote:
mysterycycle wrote:I feel badly for the guys who played Emi's route after Lilly's route. Lilly twists the knife. :P
Why? Their routes aren't even connected...
I believe during small talk, Lilly joking says something about Hisao forgetting her.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

To me that's the only weakness in KS. You keep encountering the other girls and getting swamped with memories of your previous arcs. You'd think in a school with hundreds of students you wouldn't keep running into the same girls all the time. Its hard moving on and wondering how Rin is ever going to manage after graduation, will Emi ever find someone to confide in? How will Hanako manage once Lilly leaves? It really does hurt to have to blow off a previously played girl who isn't in your arc.

I've said it before, but I wish the other arcs had at least a passing reference to the other girls being okay.

*Sits back and waits for Xan to come in and say something snarky*
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

pandaphil wrote:To me that's the only weakness in KS. You keep encountering the other girls and getting swamped with memories of your previous arcs.
This is something I brought up in my first thread, too. As I said there, it seems to be a natural consequence of the medium and not something that can be overcome except in VNs with one heroine, if any. Maybe keeping a rolling VN roster can ameliorate this.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:To me that's the only weakness in KS.
"This game doesn't appease my bizarre over-attachment to its characters by simultaneously giving every single one a happy ending even when it's completely irrelevant to the particular route I'm on!" isn't a weakness of the game. It's a weakness of your bizarre over-attachment. :P
neio

Post by neio »

HLGU wrote:by the way neio, where did you get such high resolution pic of Emi?
it's even bigger than the game's resolution :D !
Hey look, a squirrel!
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.