What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Well, I finished all the good endings...

Post by Megumeru »

Since you're shotgunning all the bad end route at once...

I suggest you equip these before you start:
1. 1-2 boxes of tissues.
2. 3 bottles of anti-depressant pills
3. a bucket

Instructions:
-Clear your room of any sharp objects (knifes, scissors, cutters, etc.)
-setup pillows all around your room to prevent blunt-object trauma related injuries.
-get an insurance for your computer (or laptop)
-get 3 liters of water and the bucket.
-set the tissue boxes to the left of your computer, the anti-depressant to the right, and the bucket below.
-start the bad endings.

if you are having trouble, either use the tissue, anti depressant, and the bucket to hold the tears--the bucket should be able to hold at least one liter of tears.

now you are set to wade through the bad endings.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Having shotgunned the bad endings after getting the good endings, I've got to say: it's just not as hard as it's made out to be. I believe this is because I'd already gotten the good endings: the fact that it's not your first ending on that path gives you some distance.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

IVe finished all the good endings as well. I have no intention or desire to see all the bad ones. First time played through, I ended up with Emis bad ending just before I went to bed for the night. I literally couldnt sleep. I got little to no sleep that night. Thats how much it bothered me. I was depressed as hell through the next day at work. I came home that night and after spending time with the family I logged onto my computer and played through again, getting the good ending. I felt so much better after that. I from then on made surre I would get only good endings, I dont know how well I would have done if I would have gotten another bad one, especially with how bad one like Shizune's sounds.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
newnar

Post by newnar »

ArazelEternal wrote:IVe finished all the good endings as well. I have no intention or desire to see all the bad ones. First time played through, I ended up with Emis bad ending just before I went to bed for the night. I literally couldnt sleep. I got little to no sleep that night. Thats how much it bothered me. I was depressed as hell through the next day at work. I came home that night and after spending time with the family I logged onto my computer and played through again, getting the good ending. I felt so much better after that. I from then on made surre I would get only good endings, I dont know how well I would have done if I would have gotten another bad one, especially with how bad one like Shizune's sounds.
Thou shalt only experience 20% of KS.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

newnar wrote:
ArazelEternal wrote:IVe finished all the good endings as well. I have no intention or desire to see all the bad ones. First time played through, I ended up with Emis bad ending just before I went to bed for the night. I literally couldnt sleep. I got little to no sleep that night. Thats how much it bothered me. I was depressed as hell through the next day at work. I came home that night and after spending time with the family I logged onto my computer and played through again, getting the good ending. I felt so much better after that. I from then on made surre I would get only good endings, I dont know how well I would have done if I would have gotten another bad one, especially with how bad one like Shizune's sounds.
Thou shalt only experience 20% of KS.
Actually in the game is says I am at like 95% completion. And Im fine with not being at 100%. Id rather remain emotionally stable and no more depressed than I am every day.

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Megumeru wrote:Since you're shotgunning all the bad end route at once...

I suggest you equip these before you start:
1. 1-2 boxes of tissues.
2. 3 bottles of anti-depressant pills
3. a bucket

Instructions:
-Clear your room of any sharp objects (knifes, scissors, cutters, etc.)
-setup pillows all around your room to prevent blunt-object trauma related injuries.
-get an insurance for your computer (or laptop)
-get 3 liters of water and the bucket.
-set the tissue boxes to the left of your computer, the anti-depressant to the right, and the bucket below.
-start the bad endings.

if you are having trouble, either use the tissue, anti depressant, and the bucket to hold the tears--the bucket should be able to hold at least one liter of tears.

now you are set to wade through the bad endings.
I wish I had thought of that before getting Emi's bad ending on my first play through. I definitely needed the anti-depressant pills.

acewing905

About Lilly, Hanako and selecting other paths... [spoilers]

Post by acewing905 »

First of all, I must say that Lilly's story arc was simply amazing. IMO, far better than Hanako's, though Hanako still remains my favourite character. (Managed to get good endings on both without referring flowcharts, and hoping to do the same with the other three as well, though, more on that later.) Lilly spoilers:Lilly leaving for Scotland with Hisao left behind really hit home, as the girl I called my best friend for a long time left for Japan just a month ago, and I'm still kinda reeling from that. I totally thought I got the bad ending. But.. Damn, it was really really well delivered. I still can't believe this great experience is totally free. Thanks, 4LS. :D

Anyway, to the point I was going to make when I started this thread: Like I said, Hanako's my favourite character, and both Hanako's and Lilly's paths help her change into a new person who will, IMO, fare quite well in her life. This itself makes it really hard for me to choose one of the other three paths. I keep thinking "What will happen to Hanako?"... I know it's kinda stupid to feel that way, after all, she's a fictional character, but has any other Hanako fan felt that way?
yummines

Re: About Lilly, Hanako and selecting other paths... [spoile

Post by yummines »

Well, that's what fan fiction is for, right?
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

yummines wrote:Well, that's what fan fiction is for, right?
Could be, if I had any decent story writing skills, but I pretty much have none. :(
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

Yep, this is quite normal to resist playing other routes as you are cheating on your said character. I had Lilly as my first route, and I couldn't bring myself to playing Emi's as it makes me feel like I'm cheating on her ( Even though Shizune is my favourite girl now with Lilly coming in a close second). Just read fan-fiction, like what yummines said. I just think of Lilly as the "canon" and main route of the VN and other characters as add-ons or DLC's to the main story.
"WAHAHAHA!~"
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

extremepiwy wrote:Yep, this is quite normal to resist playing other routes as you are cheating on your said character. I had Lilly as my first route, and I couldn't bring myself to playing Emi's as it makes me feel like I'm cheating on her ( Even though Shizune is my favourite girl now with Lilly coming in a close second). Just read fan-fiction, like what yummines said. I just think of Lilly as the "canon" and main route of the VN and other characters as add-ons or DLC's to the main story.
It's weird. Hanako is actually my favourite. But Lilly's one just... feels "right", and there's the added bonus of Hanako's condition improving, even beyond how far she improved in her own path. Yeah, I'm sure I can eventually bring myself to think of Lilly's path as the "canon" path. After all, I also heard she's the only one who gets a special epilogue. :D
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

Lilly's story was the most powerful and emotionally touching story for me. For days, after completing it, I just felt empty because I genuinely sympathised and I became so immersed with the story. It was both devastating and heart warming. I don't care people say Lilly is the clichéd and perfect girl, her story was one of classic romance and the feelings I gained will stay with me forever.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Cabulb wrote:Lilly's story was the most powerful and emotionally touching story for me. For days, after completing it, I just felt empty because I genuinely sympathised and I became so immersed with the story. It was both devastating and heart warming. I don't care people say Lilly is the clichéd and perfect girl, her story was one of classic romance and the feelings I gained will stay with me forever.
Did you get the good ending or the bad ending? I was feeling totally empty until I realized that the story wasn't over yet and that I actually got the good ending. And yeah, Lilly does seem like a blind version of the typical blue eyed blonde, but nothing could be different from the truth than that.
horizon

Post by horizon »

I suspect that one of the reasons why some think Lilly is too "perfect" of a character is that she's constantly trying very hard to put on the appearance of being perfectly proper and restrained. She's one of those people who worry about their appearances obsessively, even to the point where it may come to hurt them. She keeps this facade up in front of Hisao even after they've started dating, and only momentarily lets her guard drop.

As for the point of the thread, I haven't found it very hard to start on new paths so far. Although that may be because I tend to play rather slowly, not play KS every day, and took longer breaks between the paths. I don't think I could manage to dash through a storyline in one sitting and then start another one right after.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

horizon wrote:I don't think I could manage to dash through a storyline in one sitting and then start another one right after.
I agree; I deliberatly installed KS on a computer I only have access to on weekends, some of the reasons being ones you stated.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8