What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nightlinks

Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by Nightlinks »

So I shed a thousand manly tears playing Lilly's route. How did you make her so perfect? I still haven't got the good ending though, I can't for the life of me figure out what choices actually attain the good ending, it sucks because I get sadder and sadder every time Lilly takes off for Scotland for the final time..

Has anyone attained Lilly's good ending and would be willing to share the secret? I've tried everything I could and still haven't gotten it.
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
Kisho

Re: Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by Kisho »

Pretty certain this is the good ending: after act 1, do the following choices:

1. Tell the truth
2. Ignore his insane ramblings
3. Ask about Hanako
4. Address it
5. Talk about Hanako
6. Mention the letter

I think that's all the choices and I'm pretty sure I got the good end. Seemed like a pretty good end, at any rate. :p
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

After going all the way through again, I finally found out the secret to getting her good ending.

I knew this before, but Lilly is a very traditional and honest character, and she expects the same in return. I suspect a lot of you probably didn't tell her about the letter, or waved off her questions at the summer house. Don't! Tell her about these things, be honest with her!

That's how you get the good ending =)

I shed manly tears again, good ones this time though.

E: Oh wow, hivemind, thanks though!
As of now.
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

Yep, that's the rule I followed. I was so certain I got the bad end though: it hurt so much, but I had to leave right at the wrong moment. You can probably guess which one that was. Thankfully when I returned to the game, my heart soared.

Sounds so sappy, but good god does this game get to you. In all the right ways.
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

It really does, Lilly has been my favorite ever since I stumbled upon Act 1 all those years ago, and now to see her true colors, her faults, her vices, her inhibitions, her family struggles...
She's just so perfect and like I said, I shed so many manly tears playing throughout her route. I gasped a little myself when she touches hisao's the first time I was like DAWWWWWW

Yeah I'm a huge sap, but this story man.. and all the buildup, a lot of emotions were going to come out regardless.
As of now.
Druqkz

I can't play this "game" anymore.

Post by Druqkz »

The first and only ending I got was Hanako's good ending, two days ago and since then I haven't tried any other route, even tough I liked Lilly and Emi, I can't play this game anymore.

I feel like if I did Lilly's route for example, I'd be cheating on Hanako, and just thinking about the fact that she would end up alone makes my heart shatter into a thousand pieces, It's like she was the main character and my "mission" was to be her boyfriend, the first time I saw her I felt something telling me "that girl is the perfect girl for you".

I have fallen in love with other characters in the past but with Hanako its different, its like real love :oops: , sometimes I forgot that I was playing as Hisao, it was as if I were there, face to face with Hanako, expressing my feelings to the girl I love.

I'm so glad that my first ending was Hanako's good ending, because I feel that the first ending is the "true" ending, I love shy girls and I hope someday I meet someone so lovely and wonderful as Hanako, no matter if she has a disability or not I will love her.
Watered-Down

Re: I can't play this "game" anymore.

Post by Watered-Down »

I would tell you you are being ridiculous but...

I quit in the middle of the Shizune path because I was still hung up over Rin. I think I will have to take a week off before I can get back into it.
Nukken

Post by Nukken »

Um... err... go watch Hanako's bad ending. Seriously.
Natehatesbees

Post by Natehatesbees »

I felt something almost real towards Rin and then I got her bad ending. And then I got a really bad ending that made me feel like ****. I'm doing Emi right now, but I feel a bit of attachment when I see her on the rooftops with Emi.
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

I know what you mean. I regret rushing into a second play through immediately after finishing Hanako's route.
I think I'm going to take a break before I start Lilly's route. No matter how much it will hurt to wait.
I have to think about this one carefully...
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Hanako actually ends up doing pretty well for herself when you pursue the Lilly path. You don't really see her at all in the other 3 paths though.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Heartlesswithaheart

Post by Heartlesswithaheart »

Eh, I think I know how you feel. I've been unable to play any route outside of Rin's after I finished it. I'm not sure why I feel like this, but that's just how it is. Could be because I have a hard time shifting out of a melancholy route to something else. Or that I didn't save my favourite for last and ended up thinking like her. Melancholy sounds like a word that describes a beautiful steel tower. Does that sound Rin-like?
Rin/Shizune > Lilly > Hanako > Emi.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Go do lilly's path, kanako turns out happy in it.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

Nukken wrote:Um... err... go watch Hanako's bad ending. Seriously.
Lol you sir are devious. That will not help this young man, but crush his very soul I bet.. I felt the same way about my first path too, and the fact it mirrored so many of my real life relationships made it even harder to handle... But I pushed past it and have now completed all the paths (working on the shinji path now hahah) and I've found I love them all for different reasons.. They are all so differently unique and beautiful..
riroku26795

Post by riroku26795 »

not gonna lie i picked up this game for teh pronz ... but OMG IT IS THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME
and the first time i finished lilly's story i cried for a bit :( but i just knew that it couldnt end with her leaving
thanks alot guys for posting the method to getting the good ending and may all your tears be manly :D