What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RecoiL

Re: How do you get the most out of this masterpiece?

Post by RecoiL »

...There's a Kenji ending? This is gonna be good...
Also, getting the bad endings before getting the good ones shouldn't spoil the experiance, right? (Like I said, I want to get all of them, but no way am I leaving the worst for last)
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

RecoiL wrote:...There's a Kenji ending? This is gonna be good...
Also, getting the bad endings before getting the good ones shouldn't spoil the experiance, right?
I'd go blind on each route at least once before deliberately going for the bad endings or not. Feels more genuine that way.
Evenstar

Re: Order?

Post by Evenstar »

Emi> Shizune> Lilly> Rin> Hanako

I started out with no guidance, charts, or spoilers. I took a lot of notes and made many save files as I stumbled along. I chose to work on the physical aspect first so I ended up with Emi. After my interactions with Shizune in the previous track, I went for her (okay, tsundere with glasses helped :oops: ). Lilly was chosen next as I wanted to see her side in regards to Shizune. Rin is a great emo rollercoaster that kept me wondering about my choices until I finished. After all the others, Hanako seemed to be very low-key but I was pleasantly surprised by the final act. I only got one bad ending when I made a Very Stupid Choice on the Shizune path.

I've got the flow-chart now so I can find all the bad endings and complete the picture collection. However, I'm going to play a good ending game between each bad ending I do to keep me perked up. The one bad ending I've seen made me so sad and horrified that I remedy it at once. Found the right save point and stayed up past 3 a.m. so I could do the good ending.
KS Standard: Shizune> Hanako> Emi> Lilly> Rin
KS Alternate: Sae> Yuuko> Meiko> Akira

Dr. Robotnik

Re: Order?

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Hanako->Lilly->Emi->Shizune->Rin.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
yummines

Post by yummines »

RecoiL wrote:...There's a Kenji ending? This is gonna be good...
Also, getting the bad endings before getting the good ones shouldn't spoil the experiance, right? (Like I said, I want to get all of them, but no way am I leaving the worst for last)
It happens if you fail to "lock in" a girl in act 1. I got it on my first try for Hanako (though i was mainly just doing options i hadnt last time) . Its the "manly picnic" everyone refers to

Players tend to get bad ends out of the way to save the good feels for later. Hanako and Rin (the only girl with 2 bad endings) are notorious for having heartbreaking bad ends
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

I would suggest doing Lily after Hanako or Hanako after Lily because they are close friends and their paths mirror each other pretty well, other than that do what you want and feel like doing
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

i love how ppl push shizune aside saying the story is not as deep ... the one choice in her path has the biggest impact of all the story arcs ... i say play shizune and lilly back to back ( 2nd or 3rd or as the last 2 ) because of how they interact with each other ( in both there arcs )
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Go for whichever girl you find the most attractive/interesting... once you've done her route then you can play it more like a book or game and see the other possibilities.

I will try and say this as unspoilery as possible without putting it in blocks so you will still see it, and it is just an advisory: early on you will unavoidably be encouraged by the medical staff to do something regarding your condition. Agreeing will all but irretrievably set you on a path towards a certain girl and make it hard to get any other girl's route. Again, you can't help but encounter this choice so just bear it in mind as it sent me down a detour the first time I played through.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

Well, I got a little opening in my exams and other activities, so I think I'll try Rin's arc. She did always seem rather intriguing, though I expect this to be rather... complicated...
Thanks for the feedback, by the way!
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

You can follow the suggestions most people give with the routes, or just pick what you want to do. Your call, really.

My take? When I'm reading VNs/Novels and watching almost anything these days, I do the very thing I am not supposed to do when enjoying fiction.
Analyze. Analyze. Analyze. Analyze. Analyze. And analyze some more.

I don't know whether I should curse or thank my high school program for this, but nonetheless it did gave me a lot of pointers and allowed me to get the most out of this masterpiece...well, I think I did. You can go and try it (analyze every line, character reactions, prose, etc.):D
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

RecoiL wrote:Well, I got a little opening in my exams and other activities, so I think I'll try Rin's arc. She did always seem rather intriguing, though I expect this to be rather... complicated...
Thanks for the feedback, by the way!
There is a guide (which I know you're trying to avoid) that explains how you end up getting each route based on each decision. Rin's is hard to get from the looks of things, you need to avoid getting too much from any of the other girls.
NoPurposeNaji

Re: Emotions - Where to proceed from now?

Post by NoPurposeNaji »

ArazelEternal wrote:
Arcfault wrote: When I reread Emi's storyline and you bump into Lilly in the library, she makes the comment that "I thought you forgot about me…" goddamn knife in my stomach.
I know how you feel. I had the same reaction after re-reading Emi's arc after I finished with Lilly's. Its easy to get emotionally involved with the characters. A little too easy.

My initial playthrough I ended up getting Emi's bad ending. It hit me hard. I didnt sleep at all that night. Maybe got one hour. Then on top of that I had to work the next day. I really had to bite my tongue at work that day. Thankfully I was able to keep myself from being an asshole. Then I went home after work that night, and after spending time with the family, I went back and replayed her arc and got her good ending. I felt a lot better after that.

Dont let a bad ending, or a lot of feels keep you from playing the game or pursuing other routes. IF your coming off a bad ending, go for a good ending like Lillys or Hanakos.
I've read your posts on other threads, and i find it really inspiring-ish. Cheers to you mate :)

I personally decided to finally push ahead with this girl i like. i didn't go full out and ask her out, but i decided to get started :D Cheers!
SpamJam

Good ending and leave it or?

Post by SpamJam »

I have completed emi's good ending but should I go for the bad ending or just leave it and go onto another storyline instead?

All advice is appreciated :D
Emi is my favourite <3
Gandara

Re: Good ending and leave it or?

Post by Gandara »

You only really need neutral / bad endings to complete your percentage of artwork (and even then there are a few you don't need at all). You won't be gaining anything else besides some percent and artwork by doing 'em. I'd recommend just carrying on with the other stories. If you happen to get a bad end by mistake, just rewind yourself to a previous save and try it again.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Brogurt

Re: Good ending and leave it or?

Post by Brogurt »

Get all the endings and you'll get a really cool and worthwhile picture