What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: First Playthrough... Now What?

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Hanako also have 43endings.
OtakuNinja wrote:43endings.
OtakuNinja wrote:43
I fucking wish. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Hanako also have 43endings.
OtakuNinja wrote:43endings.
OtakuNinja wrote:43
I fucking wish. :lol:
Well sorry for not paying attention when i write!
:mrgreen:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Well sorry for not paying attention when i write! :mrgreen:
Imagine if it were true..
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
It is, if you count the mountain of fanfiction. ;)
Also, there has to be a chocolate chapter, if you know what I mean. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
It is, if you count the mountain of fanfiction. ;)
Also, there has to be a chocolate chapter, if you know what I mean. :lol:
Oh, gross... XD
Superdingo13

Finished all good endings, changed my life, etc. Now what?

Post by Superdingo13 »

Been playing for about two weeks now, and just finished the good endings for every route (Emi -> Hanako -> Lilly -> Shizune -> Rin). Lilly's was my favorite, though Emi and Hanako's tied for a VERY close second (I'll admit, cried like a little child in all three). This was honestly the first thing to get such an emotional response from me,out of every other video game, movie, TV series, book, music, anything.

Made me rethink my life, I've always been an introverted guy, pretty unhealthy and self conscious with very few really good friends. As a freshman in college, I've had to leave several friends behind and though I've met a few new ones, kind of feel lonelier than ever. Katawa Shoujo made me motivated to change that, I've started getting in shape, tried being more outgoing, and I think it's going well.

Unfortunately, now I'm in a bit of a dilemma... I don't know if I really want to go back and see the rest of the bad/neutral endings. I think it's such an amazing game that I want to experience all of it, but I don't know if my feels can take it... Right now I've been kind of taking a break from it, listening to the soundtrack (again, one of the most emotional I have ever listened to, Painful History and Innocence bring me to tears every time), but I'm not sure how to approach the rest of the game, if at all.

Should I push on through the feels or just leave it how it is and relax knowing only the blissful side of the game?

tl;dr Feels were felt, tears were shed, I regret nothing... Wat do?
Reksho

Re: Finished all good endings, changed my life, etc. Now wha

Post by Reksho »

Considering the fact that you reacted strongly to this game and feel motivated to make changes in your life, I'd suggest you not to read the bad ends. At least for now. Yes, this is a game. And yes, this is fiction. But what is real, is the effect it had on you. How it changed you and the potential to build a better future. Reading the bad ends will most likely only make you feel down; unable to do anything. You've got the momentum going for improving your life now, use it to your advantage.

Furthermore, I suggest you read this excellent FAQ by ProfAllister; especially the part about feels:

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6894
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

You're gonna carry those feels

See you space katawa
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Yellow 13 wrote:You're gonna carry those feels

See you space katawa
Link relevant. http://rtil.deviantart.com/art/Katawa-S ... -323671555
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Get the bad and neutral ends too. They're worth it. Finish up with Kenji's end for a laugh.
Superdingo13

Post by Superdingo13 »

Now that I've had a few days to let the feels settle, I think I know what I'll do. Probably start going through the endings, neutral first, and in order of least favorite characters first (Shizune -> Rin -> Emi -> Hanako -> Lilly), then if (when?) the feels get unbearable, I can fall back on the good endings once I'm done.

And BlackWaltz, screw you! My heart wasn't ready for the feels again! Had to go to bed with all those thoughts coming back! :P
Last edited by Superdingo13 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Superdingo13 wrote:Now that I've had a few gays to let the feels settle, I think I know what I'll do.
Probably laughed harder because of this than I should have.
Superdingo13

Post by Superdingo13 »

Reksho wrote:
Superdingo13 wrote:Now that I've had a few gays to let the feels settle, I think I know what I'll do.
OH F#CK DAYS I MEANT DAYS
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Superdingo13 wrote:
Reksho wrote:
OH F#CK DAYS I MEANT DAYS
Suuuure. SuperdingoXJigoro, OTP.
Superdingo13

Post by Superdingo13 »

Xanatos wrote:
Suuuure. SuperdingoXJigoro, OTP.
Jigoro was actually one of my favorite supporting characters... Sure he was a complete asshat, but in an awesome, hilarious way!