What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: So i just finished hanako's Arc

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to the forum sir. If you spend any time at all exploring the board, you'll realize that probably 90% of the people here have gone through the exact same feelings as you. So you're in good company here my friend.

So settle in and make yourself at home.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Welcome to the club. Shedding manly tears when reading Hanako's arc is completely normal. I cried too ;__;
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: Is anyone unwilling to do the bad/neutral endings?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

No one says you actually have to watch the bad ending. Heck, just grab a book when the bad scene is coming up, that's what I did. I've seen all the endings, sure, all but Hanako's bad end because I feel like I'm being told not to see it. I'm being told with an inner feeling that I shouldn't see it, it's not for me to see. I don't know how else to put it.

Heck, I was surprised though. My book was covering up my monitor for a good 20 minutes or so while I watched for that little white arrow showing the text was done loading. I'm only expressing my thought cause I want to, though. It's rhetorical. I don't expect nor want an answer. Except maybe from Doc cause he's cool like that.
Praygon

What arc should i try next?

Post by Praygon »

I finished hanako's story and i feel indecisive in what arc to try next. Lillys story seems interesting I had first hoped to do her arc but then hanako happened but now I find myself curious about the other characters so in you lady's and gents opinions what arc should I do next?
Praygon

Post by Praygon »

Thank you for the warm welcome iv certainly learned allot about back story's and what not to the game i had completely missed before and its nice to see just how many other people where positively effected by Katawa shoujo. Im studying computer science with the intention of becomeing a games designer one day and i found Katawa shoujo to be fasinateing in the way it tells a story.

Many manly manly tears where shed my good sir and while at first the end of the game left me saddened because I had done everything there was to do in hanakos arc afterwards I felt happy..now time to ruin that by giving myself a feel overdose with another arc.(P.S. i like the display pic findra not a brony myself but still think its a nice morph of lilly)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Now do the bad end. Or Rin's.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Praygon

Post by Praygon »

Xanatos wrote:Now do the bad end. Or Rin's.
You cruel beast xanatos you wont rest in till I do her bad arc will you :lol: very well then if you insist to the feelmobile!
Xanatos

Re: Is Rin/Emi/Shizune stories worth reading/playing?

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:This is one weakness of the overarching story: It is very hard to get everyone involved. The closest I can think of is Lily's route, when Emi and Rin got pushed out of focus. Hanako developed pretty well during the story, and Shizune... got better.
I'd hardly call that a weakness. For one, there really isn't much of an overarching story. They're largely self-contained tales.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Enemy |

Re: What arc should i try next?

Post by Enemy | »

Rin or Shizune's.
Or maybe the manly picnic.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Now do the bad end. FEED ME YOUR TEARS.

Or...You know...Emi's nice too.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Just do whoever you liked in Act 1. Worked fine for me. Or Emi's, that's always good to do early.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Emi is a good choice.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Praygon

Post by Praygon »

Just finished all of Hanako's paths. Her bad ending more than anything taught me lesson you cant always play the big hero/big brother and treat someone like they need constant protection from the world if someone's going to change for the better you have to encourage it but not force it no one likes to be made to feel like they cant look after them self s. Her neutral ending I guess was sort of the same message just with less disastrous results I did not tear up in her 2 other endings but I feel I learnt something.

Im gonna flip a coin to see if i go down lilly or emi's path next just because i cant make my mind up.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Praygon wrote:Just finished all of Hanako's paths. Her bad ending more than anything taught me lesson you cant always play the big hero/big brother and treat someone like they need constant protection from the world if someone's going to change for the better you have to encourage it but not force it no one likes to be made to feel like they cant look after them self s. Her neutral ending I guess was sort of the same message just with less disastrous results I did not tear up in her 2 other endings but I feel I learnt something.

Im gonna flip a coin to see if i go down lilly or emi's path next just because i cant make my mind up.
Her neutral ending is just "You're not dating her, but she isn't pissed off either". No real message. Shittier, sexist people might deem it the friendzone ending. :lol:

Rin's has a neutral too, when you get to that route. I'd go for Emi's next, myself. Or Kenji...
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

In another probably futile attempt to tidy up the forums a little, I consolidated in this thread all the posts discussing preferred route order, requests of advice about what to do next, and similar stuff (such as refusals to play bad endings).
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.