What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by YZQ »

Light touch while reading the story that is KS? If anyone can do that, I personally salute them. I knew I switched to the spacebar for a reason (after knowing about it). Even so, I fear for it still.

Same goes with Rin's route. I thought the "Forget about me and I'll forget about you!" line was from the Bad End. Hanako's was passive-aggressive, in some sense.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
YZQ

Re: So where to next?

Post by YZQ »

Brisingr wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I've done Emi and Hanako's route, so I was hoping for my third I'd go with one that was less of an emotional meat grinder. I was hoping to go with Shizune's, but you guys make a reasonable argument to save her for last. So I don't know....sooo conflicted!
Well to be honest, Shizune's route has been known to inflict less feels in general compared the others. Rin is frustrating to say the least and I found Lilly to... Well I can't say anything about Lilly without giving something away. If you wanted a light reprieve from the feels, I would recommend Shizune, followed by Rin and then Lilly.
Shizune's route is Slice-of-Life. Love the fishing gathering, although Shizune and Lily never did rekindle that kinship they had before (unless it's after the part I'm at, and I'm in Act 4), which they did in Lily's own route.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Katase

Re: How did you go about KS

Post by Katase »

1st. Emi's good.
2nd. Rin's good.
3rd. Shizune's bad. (Kind saw that coming but I couldn't resist)
4th. Shizune's good.
5th. Hanako's good.

It's been around 10 months since I last played, not sure if I feel like doing Lilly's.
I also got manly picnic at some point, but it was completely on purpose.
Silverbullet312

Re: How did you go about KS

Post by Silverbullet312 »

1st: Hanako's good ending
2nd: Shizune's good ending
3rd: Emi's bad ending
4th: Lilly's good ending
5th: Manly picnic
6th: Rin's neutral ending
Rampagindragon

Im new and have some questions

Post by Rampagindragon »

First off im sorry if I am posting this in the incorrect area, I dont mean to cause an inconvenience.

So I just recently downloaded KS. I am really enjoying the visual novel. Here is my question: How exactly does this game work? I know that every girl has her own path that you as Hisao can take, but does one playthrough follow only one girls path depending on decisions you make? Or do you go through all the girls paths in one playthrough? Also, I dont know if its just me but I am kind of finding the process in choosing what path I want to take very vague. I personally want to start my first playthrough with Lilly's path, I just hit act 2 and it seems like im spending a LOT of time with Emi. My act 2 opened with the title "Form" with a picture of Emi taking her sprint stance. Is this how everybody's act 2 starts? Or does this mean im already locked into Emi's path? When I look at Lilly's walkthrough I think I answered all all the questions correctly for her path, but it seems im on Emi's for some reason. It really isnt THAT big of a deal because I genuinely like reading it, but I personally like Lilly the most and want to go through with her path for my first playthrough. So can someone tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix this? Or if I havent done anything wrong and I will go down her path as I just continue reading. Also sorry for having to ask this here, but my good friend google has been unusually ignorant of the answer's to my questions, so I thought I'd come to you all. Thanks in advance =)
YZQ

Re: Im new and have some questions

Post by YZQ »

1) No, you only get to go on one lady's route in 1 playthrough.

2) Your choices in Act 1 will determine whose route you're on from Act 2 onwards. Also, it is not possible to switch to another lady's route from Act 2 onwards.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Every girl takes you through one path. Depending on your choices, you'll get a good or bad ending for that path (Rin and Hanako also have neutral endings, so they both get 3).

Act 1 is your chance to get onto a path. "Form" is Emi's Act 2. You'll be playing Emi's route. Many of us got roped in with her the first time. :lol: It's a good path though, so enjoy. And, as usual, I recommend looking at all endings, good and otherwise.

Acts 2-4 will open with a picture of whichever path you're on. If you saw Emi, it's Emi. :P

Also, it is possible to actually get on none of the paths, in which case the game has a unique (and hilarious) ending when Act 1 is over.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

Ahh I see. Thanks you guys. Yea I think I will just continue with Emi, then ill make sure I get Lilly next time. I dont actually dislike any of the girls, so its not a big deal. I think my favorites are Lilly, Rin and Hanako, ( though this is prety much based off of act 1 information which I am sure isnt exactly the most in-depth part of the game charecter wise ) and ill probably go in that order the next times I play. And ill look into that Act 1 ending lol. Thanks for the help again =)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Rampagindragon wrote:Ahh I see. Thanks you guys. Yea I think I will just continue with Emi, then ill make sure I get Lilly next time. I dont actually dislike any of the girls, so its not a big deal. I think my favorites are Lilly, Rin and Hanako, ( though this is prety much based off of act 1 information which I am sure isnt exactly the most in-depth part of the game charecter wise ) and ill probably go in that order the next times I play. And ill look into that Act 1 ending lol. Thanks for the help again =)
For the Act 1 end, just flip-flop a lot on choices. Never side with any girl more than once. :lol: And yeah, Act 1 is pretty shallow character-wise. Acts 2-4 are where you'll learn about 'em. :P (Be careful browsing the forum here too. Spoilers abound, and not everyone has the courtesy to use spoiler tags. :P)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'll second what everyone else has said. The best strategy in this game is to save everytime you're asked to make a decision, especially in Act 1. It'll make it easier to backtrack later.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I'll second what everyone else has said. The best strategy in this game is to save everytime you're asked to make a decision, especially in Act 1. It'll make it easier to backtrack later.
Or just use the "skip read text" function when replaying.
demonix

Post by demonix »

Rampagindragon wrote:When I look at Lilly's walkthrough I think I answered all all the questions correctly for her path, but it seems im on Emi's for some reason.
Emi's route is the easiest to get locked into when your aiming for another's if you make the wrong decision during the second visit to the track (going all out on that second run will automatically put you on the path to Emi's route unless you have enough points with Shizune).
Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

WTF LILLY'S ROUTE IS SO DEPRESSING. It is literally painful to read. I guess im just kind of sensitive like that, I honestly dont know if I can continue to read it to see if in the end it does turn out well. I may have gotten a none best path or something. Or if this route is even close to being over or not. Lilly just left for Scotland for good, but the game hasnt ended. I dont know if this is a neutral ending or if this is her good ending; that would be depressing.

I was an unsuspecting victim of these feels, why no one tell me.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Rampagindragon wrote:WTF LILLY'S ROUTE IS SO DEPRESSING. It is literally painful to read. I guess im just kind of sensitive like that, I honestly dont know if I can continue to read it to see if in the end it does turn out well. I may have gotten a none best path or something. Or if this route is even close to being over or not. Lilly just left for Scotland for good, but the game hasnt ended. I dont know if this is a neutral ending or if this is her good ending; that would be depressing.

I was an unsuspecting victim of these feels, why no one tell me.
If you have the music box playing at the very end, you have the better end. Lily only has 2. Also, if you let Hisao be very honest with her throughout, you need not fear. The Lady has sharp ears.

Rampagindragon

Post by Rampagindragon »

I just finished Lilly's and it was thankfully not depressing like I though it may turn out to be. Definitely one of my favorite story's actually. I really enjoyed Lilly's arc.