What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TehIshter

Re: I can't play this "game" anymore.

Post by TehIshter »

Thank the lord I'm not the only one experiencing these things.

The first and only arc I have played is Hanako and I can't for the life of me play the other routes. It's like for some reason I'm trying to make my favorite character the canon universe, and by going for other choices, that universe will be shattered. The only way to play the other routes for me is to actively repress the strong emotions that I have (or Hisao, rather) for Hanako.

I'm so attached to the story telling of the character that I've been constantly dreaming about it every night. I can't stop practicing the music transcriptions and there's so much emotion pent up remembering the scenes that it actually increased my stamina on the treadmill. The amount of constructive information is just as influential as the storytelling itself. I mean, Hanako's route almost forces the reader to think outside the box because of the psychology that has been implemented between Hisao, Lilly and Hanako. I'm sure almost everyone that has been touched by the game will apply the concepts in real life to widen their perspective. *sigh* I don't think I have any other adjective to describe my feelings for this game and to its creators.

It's too inhumane to view this as just interactive literature, to treat the routes as different parallel universes. It's just too cynical to see it that way... ;_;
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

TehIshter wrote:Thank the lord I'm not the only one experiencing these things.

The first and only arc I have played is Hanako and I can't for the life of me play the other routes. It's like for some reason I'm trying to make my favorite character the canon universe, and by going for other choices, that universe will be shattered. The only way to play the other routes for me is to actively repress the strong emotions that I have (or Hisao, rather) for Hanako.

I'm so attached to the story telling of the character that I've been constantly dreaming about it every night. I can't stop practicing the music transcriptions and there's so much emotion pent up remembering the scenes that it actually increased my stamina on the treadmill. The amount of constructive information is just as influential as the storytelling itself. I mean, Hanako's route almost forces the reader to think outside the box because of the psychology that has been implemented between Hisao, Lilly and Hanako. I'm sure almost everyone that has been touched by the game will apply the concepts in real life to widen their perspective. *sigh* I don't think I have any other adjective to describe my feelings for this game and to its creators.

It's too inhumane to view this as just interactive literature, to treat the routes as different parallel universes. It's just too cynical to see it that way... ;_;
I hear you, i can't play other routes aswell, because i'm just too damn emotionally attached to Hanako. It would feel like i would be cheating her if i start to play other character routes.
I've tried for past 3-4 days to repress my emotions but without success so far. Now if only i could find someone like Hanako IRL... not bloody likely :cry:
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
TehIshter

Post by TehIshter »

Valtameri wrote:Now if only i could find someone like Hanako IRL... not bloody likely :cry:
oh lol Searching the hospital for burn victims, are we?
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

TehIshter wrote:oh lol Searching the hospital for burn victims, are we?
Ehm, no no and no, i mean someone with similar personality :D I doubt anyway there's anyone looking like an anime character anyway.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
crystal

Post by crystal »

Well, whenever I saw Lilly in the other routes I just wanted to ditch what i was doing and hang out with her. Not out of guilt, but because I like her route so much better than the others. I played hers first. I played Hanako's second, and was happy with that as the alternative for the scenario. However as my sig may suggest I found the others pretty shallow in comparison.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
AolDunedein

Re: Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by AolDunedein »

GOSHDARN I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Man, I really had to yell it. Lilly was my favourite route, and i am totally in love with her. Even Hanako turned out to be a better person in the end, better even than on her route! I have to admit i though i had got the bad ending, but then when they met at the hospital again... Damn! I'm mentally exausted from this. Lilly, you are simply perfect. Thank you four leaf guys, this was a magnificent experience!
Swach

Post by Swach »

Heh, gotta say that the route was pretty fun. I saved her for last, and it was well worth it. However I have to say that On the part with Kenji, I dont think it affects the ending, for I chose to humor the man, and I talked about school instead of Hanako without getting the bad ending, so I don't really think those choices are anything to sweat. The others however seem to be spot on. Being outright open with whatever comes along seems to be the best thing you can do to get her good route.
windstar

Post by windstar »

So guys is the actual good ending the thing where Hisao has the heart attack at the airport and Lilly decides to stay in Japan and they return to school in the last scene? (< attention major spoiler)
Henohenomoheji

Post by Henohenomoheji »

Kisho wrote:Pretty certain this is the good ending: after act 1, do the following choices:

1. Tell the truth
2. Ignore his insane ramblings
3. Ask about Hanako
4. Address it
5. Talk about Hanako
6. Mention the letter

I think that's all the choices and I'm pretty sure I got the good end. Seemed like a pretty good end, at any rate. :p
I don't think #2 would make any difference. I chose the other choice to entertain myself as Kenji lose a 1000 yen.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
- Francis Bacon

Games I am currently playing
Daiteikoku
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
Katawa Shoujo
Irandrura

Post by Irandrura »

Nightlinks wrote:I knew this before, but Lilly is a very traditional and honest character, and she expects the same in return. I suspect a lot of you probably didn't tell her about the letter, or waved off her questions at the summer house. Don't! Tell her about these things, be honest with her!
Really, this is a very simple rule for relationships and advice to take to heart.

Be honest. Don't hide things.

If you want to offer yourself to the one you love, you must offer all of yourself.

...yes, I got the good ending the first time around, just by picking the choices that felt right, to me.
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

Got the good end my first time around too. (And I did indulge Kenji, for the record. Very entertaining.)

Tears were shed. And I'm not even sure they were all that manly. I just wept, flagrantly and profusely. Good show, 4LS. Good show.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Being one hundred percent honest is awful in a real world relationship.

The one thing I hate about this game (or vns in general) is that everything so absolute. She COULD have left. Yeah, so what? Have an amazing trip with Hanako, start a future with her. Maybe date the Naomi woman. Have a threesome at that one hotel in Kyoto that's pretty awesome. At least, it's dodging the shitty Setou/Hakamichi quarter flip gene pool. OR move to the UK after highschool and go to college there.
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

Wait, she actually has a bad ending? I only obtained the good ending looked in the library to see what's missing since bad endings usually have there own scene and I didn't see any so I just thought Lily only had a good ending and nothing more. Sweet I got more to do. :D
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

Darkish-One wrote:Wait, she actually has a bad ending? I only obtained the good ending looked in the library to see what's missing since bad endings usually have there own scene and I didn't see any so I just thought Lily only had a good ending and nothing more. Sweet I got more to do. :D
The "Bad ending" just cut off the two last scene. Wish it could be the last three. It would have been even more sadistic.
kidlat020

Post by kidlat020 »

The Local Hentai wrote:Being one hundred percent honest is awful in a real world relationship.

The one thing I hate about this game (or vns in general) is that everything so absolute. She COULD have left. Yeah, so what? Have an amazing trip with Hanako, start a future with her. Maybe date the Naomi woman. Have a threesome at that one hotel in Kyoto that's pretty awesome. At least, it's dodging the shitty Setou/Hakamichi quarter flip gene pool. OR move to the UK after highschool and go to college there.
I actually thought of around those lines too. after that Lilly's neutral end, It's very very natural to start targeting Hanako. Lilly even gave the "go" with Hanako (in a way).