What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: What arc should i try next?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I think personally it all depends on how much you like each girl from what you see of her in Act 1. Me, I completed Hanako's story first, got the neutral end, then went back and got good. Then I replayed the good ending all the way through from the beginning. Then I went through a third time from the beginning... Okay, you get my point. I messed up that third run though cause I started messing with the choices too much. By then my curiosity finally got the better of me and I did Shizune's next. Got her good ending, then rolled through her bad just for completion. Then next was Emi's, same deal. Got her good ending no problem, then went back to do bad for completion.

Next was Rin's. I had the hardest time with her route! I went through with sincere and honest effort, only to get her bad ending first. Crap. Then I went back a choice, got neutral. Starting to get frustrated and a headache now. Wanting to give up. But pushing on to get it done and over with. Finally got her good ending and went to bed. She's a cool girl but really doesn't rub me in a romantic way. She kinda hits me like Miki, someone cool to chill and hang out with but not a girl I'd try to date.

I saved Lilly's for last, for obvious reasons, her being Hanako's friend and having to see how Hanako reacts to the relationship. I must admit it was a very deep and touching story, easily making Lilly my second favorite.

My point to all this is, do what order appeals to you. Your feels will guide you. :lol:
user_friendly

Post by user_friendly »

pandaphil wrote:
user_friendly wrote:Just finished Hanako and I'm liking it much more than Emi's. Not that Emi's arch is bad! It's just a personal preference I guess.
Hanako's happy ending is just so... Happy! :D
Cool. That's the route I took. I bet you'll love Lilly's as well.
I think I'll leave Lilly for later. Next might be Shizune or Rin. Too bad Misha has no arc (right?).
I take it Hanako was your first route? I wanted to go with her on my first try, but of course, ended up with Emi. Which route is quite fun. Except for the ending. Even though it was the good ending (she opens up to him and they don't break-up, that's the good ending right? :) ). For some reason I didn't like it as much as Hanako's.
Fiandra wrote:
user_friendly wrote:Just finished Hanako and I'm liking it much more than Emi's. Not that Emi's arch is bad! It's just a personal preference I guess.
If you're going for Rin's route, prepare for emotional rollercoaster.
Heh, after Hanako, I bet it would seem like a cake walk (so to speak). Her route felt so... moody and heavy. How did you like Rin's route Fiandra?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

user_friendly wrote:
Fiandra wrote:
If you're going for Rin's route, prepare for emotional rollercoaster.
Heh, after Hanako, I bet it would seem like a cake walk (so to speak). Her route felt so... moody and heavy. How did you like Rin's route Fiandra?

Yeah, thats the route I took as well. I was immediately drawn to Hanako (I used to be a huge Sailor Saturn fan), but ended up with Emi first. I think shes sort of the games default character. Not that that's a bad thing. Shes my favorite after Hanako and Lilly. For some reason I just couldn't get into Rin's story. I guess because I'm the romantic type, and for most of her story it seems like you're just tagging along after Rin and she just sort of ignores you because theres too much else on her mind. If anything her route seems more heavy and opressive even than Hanako's. I'm sure a Rin fan will be here soon to tell me I'm full of crap though. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Yeah, thats the route I took as well. I was immediately drawn to Hanako (I used to be a huge Sailor Saturn fan), but ended up with Emi first. I think shes sort of the games default character. Not that that's a bad thing. Shes my favorite after Hanako and Lilly. For some reason I just couldn't get into Rin's story. I guess because I'm the romantic type, and for most of her story it seems like you're just tagging along after Rin and she just sort of ignores you because theres too much else on her mind. If anything her route seems more heavy and opressive even than Hanako's. I'm sure a Rin fan will be here soon to tell me I'm full of crap though. :)
In Rin's route, Hisao is pretty much the backup calvary. He really had to let Rin handle most of her inner demons, stepping in only at critical moments to preserve her formation, so that she marches on again.

Emi's route (as mentioned before) is easy to get. Just push yourself, and you're there.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:She's a cool girl but really doesn't rub me in a romantic way.
Or any other way, sadly... :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

What did I just say dude, each of the girls will appeal differently to different people. You act like if I don't see things your way, I'm wrong. Or anyone for that matter. Put a cap on it. There's no "sadly" about it. At least simply because we don't agree. I said Rin's cool, I didn't say she was crap. But for the longest time, you've been acting like it. You're the troll, I'm the bridge. Sit down.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:What did I just say dude, each of the girls will appeal differently to different people. You act like if I don't see things your way, I'm wrong. Or anyone for that matter. Put a cap on it. There's no "sadly" about it. At least simply because we don't agree. I said Rin's cool, I didn't say she was crap. But for the longest time, you've been acting like it. You're the troll, I'm the bridge. Sit down.
What the fuck are you babbling about? Go leave your sad delusions of persecution at the door. :roll:
Last edited by Xanatos on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:. You're the troll, I'm the bridge. Sit down.
Wut?
Xanatos is hiding under Heartman waiting for a wandering hero so he can ask him a riddle?
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:. You're the troll, I'm the bridge. Sit down.
Wut?
Xanatos is hiding under Heartman waiting for a wandering hero so he can ask him a riddle?
Apparently...

It's the little metaphor that couldn't. :lol:
Dream

Post by Dream »

Tomate wrote:Wut?
Man do i feel bad for the hero of that RPG. Instead of the information necessary for his quest, he'll get Jigoro/Othello jokes, and that's in the best case scenario.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Tomate wrote:Wut?
Man do i feel bad for the hero of that RPG. Instead of the information necessary for his quest, he'll get Jigoro/Othello jokes, and that's in the best case scenario.
I almost spit water all over my brand new monitor. :lol: Oh god, I may have to make a KS RPG now...
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:I almost spit water all over my brand new monitor. :lol: Oh god, I may have to make a KS RPG now...
You should also remember to include all the wacky things of the KS fandom in there, or forum users as some of those meaningless villagers with funny one-liners :P
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I almost spit water all over my brand new monitor. :lol: Oh god, I may have to make a KS RPG now...
You should also remember to include all the wacky things of the KS fandom in there, or forum users as some of those meaningless villagers with funny one-liners :P
:P Will do!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Dream wrote:
I'm in!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:
:P Will do!
Please please quote one of my fan fictions.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2