What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: How did you go about KS

Post by Xanatos »

First try: Intended Hanako, got Emi. Bad end.

2nd: Repeated Emi for good end.

3rd: Hanako, bad end (I was worried, dammit!). Then good. I don't recall when I went back for the neutral end.

4th: Lilly. Bad end, then good end.

5th: Rin. Intentional bad end to save good end for last. Also hit the neutral end on my first attempt at the good.

6th: Shizune. Intentional bad end (The choice had been spoiled long ago. I just wanted a scene with Misha...) ...Then good end.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xanatos

Re: So where to next?

Post by Xanatos »

Zedoth wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Zedoth wrote:Asking this in a way that I'll do the best character left in your opinion till last.
You'll get different opinions from everyone here and be nowhere closer to a decision. :lol:

Just go by who seems best from what you've seen of them already.
Ahh yea but with my weak observing skills I really feel like asking the forums first about the possible orders first, call me stubburn but I really want to end this with a good character :)
End with Shizune then. Her route ends at graduation so it's a logical endpoint.

[Obligatory urging to do bad/neutral endings goes here.]
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I've done Emi and Hanako's route, so I was hoping for my third I'd go with one that was less of an emotional meat grinder. I was hoping to go with Shizune's, but you guys make a reasonable argument to save her for last. So I don't know....sooo conflicted!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:First try: Intended Hanako, got Emi. Bad end.

3rd: Hanako, bad end (I was worried, dammit!). Then good. I don't recall when I went back for the neutral end.

5th: Rin. Intentional bad end to save good end for last. Also hit the neutral end on my first attempt at the good.

6th: Shizune. Intentional bad end (The choice had been spoiled long ago. I just wanted a scene with Misha...) ...Then good end.
I see you've got some problems with the ladies, my friend. :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I don't even like Shizune's route that much and I still think it's a good final route.

Other than that, I'd recommend not doing Hanako's and Lilly's back to back.

So, I think one person here said they did Hanako's and Emi's routes and the other did Emi's and another person did Lilly's and Emi's... What I'd recommend is to do Rin's next, then which ever of the Hanako/Lilly pair you haven't done, then Shizune's.

Then see what happens why you go out of you way not to socialize with any of the girls! (Nobody tell them.)
Not Dead Yet
Dream

Post by Dream »

Shit, that's harsh.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:

I see you've got some problems with the ladies, my friend. :P

Bite me, feminist. :| You can take my life, but you will never take MY PRETZELS!

At the original time of posting, I was feeling shitty and actually took offense to that. But I got better. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Xanatos on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Bite me, feminist. :| You can take my life, but you will never take MY PRETZELS!

MALE SOLIDARITY BROTHER!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
user_friendly

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by user_friendly »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:The "mindless" part comes where you can click anywhere within the window. In most other games, where you click matters.
You want mindless clicking, try any adventure game. Those things are so completely batshit insane with their logic, you pretty much have to mindlessly click everywhere to get anything done. :lol:
I second that. Discworld and Monkey Island being prime examples?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Honestly, I can't think of any other way to play the game, can you? Clicking the mouse is basically just turning the page. You can skip over bits you've already seen, take your time mulling over favorite passages, or hesitate if you suspect something bad is about to happen. Seems like a simple but elegant system.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Honestly, I can't think of any other way to play the game, can you? Clicking the mouse is basically just turning the page. You can skip over bits you've already seen, take your time mulling over favorite passages, or hesitate if you suspect something bad is about to happen. Seems like a simple but elegant system.
Thankfully, in KS, you can also use the spacebar.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
Thankfully, in KS, you can also use the spacebar.

True enough. I tend to alternate ocassionally. I worry I'm gonna wear out my LMB. :)
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

Xanatos wrote:
acidhedz wrote:[randomly crying like a bitch about nothing]
Continue, please. :roll: The pretending to be intimidating through a keyboard bit totally doesn't sap away all potential credibility. "Warning", indeed...
+1 rofl, that tough guy act on a KS forum nearly made me spit out my drink =)

I ended up playing Rin last purely by coincidence, and ended up feeling the most connection towards her character. After getting her neutral ending I had to get some extra replays en route to cure the feels.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

pandaphil wrote:I've done Emi and Hanako's route, so I was hoping for my third I'd go with one that was less of an emotional meat grinder. I was hoping to go with Shizune's, but you guys make a reasonable argument to save her for last. So I don't know....sooo conflicted!
Well to be honest, Shizune's route has been known to inflict less feels in general compared the others. Rin is frustrating to say the least and I found Lilly to... Well I can't say anything about Lilly without giving something away. If you wanted a light reprieve from the feels, I would recommend Shizune, followed by Rin and then Lilly.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Parliament wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
acidhedz wrote:[randomly crying like a bitch about nothing]
Continue, please. :roll: The pretending to be intimidating through a keyboard bit totally doesn't sap away all potential credibility. "Warning", indeed...
+1 rofl, that tough guy act on a KS forum nearly made me spit out my drink =)

I ended up playing Rin last purely by coincidence, and ended up feeling the most connection towards her character. After getting her neutral ending I had to get some extra replays en route to cure the feels.
I'd say Rin's neutral end is worse than the bad in many ways, actually. :lol: Hanako's too, but less so.

@YZQ: I wore out my last mouse. Mouse buttons are reaaaally sensitive and I just can't keep up the light touch, so they get destroyed by the pressure I put on them. My current mouse was $150. Came with extra buttons and remapping software, so my LMB is actually on the side of the mouse. :lol: Less risk of ruining it this way.