What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: Is anyone unwilling to do the bad/neutral endings?

Post by YZQ »

Banryu wrote: In some cases though it seems like doing the alternate endings is just redundant, as is the case with Lilly (I think)-- her good ending is basically just a lengthened version of the neutral ending, right? As in, it doesn't branch off if you succeed or fail, but simply continues further if you succeed.
Do note that only Lily's route is like that; the other girls have unique branches for their different endings.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:So without spoiling it, would someone be kind enough to rank the various bad/neutral endings as far as sadness goes? So I can ease my way into them.
That'd be largely useless to you. Someone else's ranking could be far from your own.

@YZQ: Rin's "neutral" is basically just an extension of the "bad" one too. You think you ran back into the bad ending then it keeps going...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xanatos

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by Xanatos »

acidhedz wrote:[randomly crying like a bitch about nothing]
Continue, please. :roll: The pretending to be intimidating through a keyboard bit totally doesn't sap away all potential credibility. "Warning", indeed...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

"Forget about me, and I'll forget about you!" Lord, if I was smoking before a pillar when I heard that, my cigs would have fell out of the mouth.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Zedoth

So where to next?

Post by Zedoth »

Hello everyone, just to point out that I'm new here and have just started playing about 2 days ago. I have currently just finished Lily's and Emi's arc (emi's being my first :P) but anyways I was thinking which character should i pursue next? Asking this in a way that I'll do the best character left in your opinion till last. So any suggestions would be helpful!! thanks! :D
Dr. Casey

Re: So where to next?

Post by Dr. Casey »

Shizune's arc extends until Graduation Day, and finishes with the cast saying their goodbyes to Yamaku Academy; the others routes finish well before the end of the school year. I think Shizune's feels appropriate to end with for that reason. Not sure which order you should do Rin and Hanako in, though.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Zedoth wrote:Asking this in a way that I'll do the best character left in your opinion till last.
You'll get different opinions from everyone here and be nowhere closer to a decision. :lol:

Just go by who seems best from what you've seen of them already.
Zedoth

Post by Zedoth »

Xanatos wrote:
Zedoth wrote:Asking this in a way that I'll do the best character left in your opinion till last.
You'll get different opinions from everyone here and be nowhere closer to a decision. :lol:

Ahh yea but with my weak observing skills I really feel like asking the forums first about the possible orders first, call me stubburn but I really want to end this with a good character :)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Zedoth wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Ahh yea but with my weak observing skills I really feel like asking the forums first about the possible orders first, call me stubburn but I really want to end this with a good character :)

Depends on your definition of "good". Rin's route will be frustrating, as you are literally trying to figure out her true intentions based on her speeches (which she is firmly not good at).

Toss up between Shizune and Hanako. Shizune's route is much heavier on the reading, but Hanako's path can be sweet, after the game puts you through the fear and drama grinders.

sasquatch

How did you go about KS

Post by sasquatch »

Hi, just finished KS and wondered how you went about to play it? Did you choose the decisions you would make or the ones that you thought you love interest would,...
Personally i played each story arc by feeling and ended up with the following endings :)

first time: Manly picnic (dang)
second: Hanako good ending
third: Emi good ending
fourth Rin, with i believe the neutral ending but i still felt awful though... (the one where she goes to the art school)
fifth: Shizune, bad ending
last: Lilly's good ending

Curious to see responses :)
OtakuNinja

Re: How did you go about KS

Post by OtakuNinja »

Demo: Hanako
1st: Lilly's good
2nd: Hanako's neutral + good
3rd: Emi's bad + instant good
4th: Kenji (On purpose)
5th: Rin's good
6th: Shizune's bad + good
7th: Lilly's bad
8th: Hanako's bad, Emi's good via Misha, Rin's bad + neutral
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

So far.

1st: Emi's good
2nd: Haako's good

Then hopefully...

Shiune's good
Rin's good
Lilly's good.

Still haven't decided how to approach the bad endings yet. I'm intentionally playing slowly, trying to stretch it out as long as I can.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
bahamit_147

Post by bahamit_147 »

Well I can't remember the first time I played through, however this time when I found it...
I played through the way I thought that I would have reacted 5 years ago in high school, actually I guess it was closer to 6 years.

Shizune was first, taking the first people that seemed to be friendly
Emi was next with my competitive side coming out.
Lily was next her refined nature almost intoxicating or addictive.
Hanako was next, learning a little about her earlier.
Rin was last, a conflict within a conflict, I've already read one person say they think she has aspergers, not quite autism etc, and not sure myself, however our personalities, so similar yet so different, i found myself getting angrier rather than attached most of the time, stressed.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

If I remember correctly... :

1st : Emi's good ending
2nd : Manly picnic
3rd : Rin's neutral ending
4th : Hanako's good ending
5th : Shizune's good ending
6th : Lilly's good ending

Saved the best for the last ;)
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Emi's good
Hanako's good
Manly Picnic
Lilly's Bad
Shizune's Bad (on purpose)
Rin's Good