What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RagnasEdge

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by RagnasEdge »

Xanatos wrote:
RagnasEdge wrote:But I feel a bit of hatred towards her for constantly trying to rope me into the student council.
That is a ridiculous reason for hatred.
Not entirely on my part. I consider it a very low form of bullying, as it has happened to me before. They effectively force you to join, unless you are not up to their standards. I wish that I could've gotten out of those situations just by playing risk though.
"Screw math. It's boring as hell." - Miki
bobly81

Post by bobly81 »

RagnasEdge wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
RagnasEdge wrote:But I feel a bit of hatred towards her for constantly trying to rope me into the student council.
That is a ridiculous reason for hatred.
Not entirely on my part. I consider it a very low form of bullying, as it has happened to me before. They effectively force you to join, unless you are not up to their standards. I wish that I could've gotten out of those situations just by playing risk though.
Except thats the personality of shizune. Shes offensive, pushy, competative, etc. She wants you on the council and will do whatever is necessary. I personally see it as attractive, but nobody else seems to. You should continue with her story anyways, as she definitely gets better. Shes less strict and becomes more of an adorable character the more you progress.
Order done so far: Shizune>>>Lilly
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm planning to do Shizune's arc next. Yeah, she and Misha are a pain in the ass. But I'm going to grit my teeth and go for it. If the other two arcs I've played are anything to go by, there's a good, gentle person behind that bossy personality.

Plus, I have a weakness for girls in glasses. :oops:
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Shizune does have good intentions, but if you're preparing yourself for some grand revelation that causes you to see her in an entirely different light, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Of all the girls, Shizune is by far the most "what you see is what you get"-type of person. Misha on the other hand...
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Hanako > Emi > Rin > Lilly > half of Shizune's
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:Shizune does have good intentions, but if you're preparing yourself for some grand revelation that causes you to see her in an entirely different light, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Of all the girls, Shizune is by far the most "what you see is what you get"-type of person. Misha on the other hand...
Oh well, I'll just take whatever comes and deal with it. After playing Emi and Hanako I could probably use a break from having my heart melted. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
hey0910

Post by hey0910 »

Stop feeding this guy, he's trolling.

But has there been a recent poll on the first route everyone's taken? I want to see how many "Emi's" are on there.
[/quote]
I cannot tell what is more ridiculous, you calling me a troll even though none of my posts were and just because of my name, or the fact that you have only played 4 VN's. :?:
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I cannot tell what is more ridiculous, you calling me a troll even though none of my posts were and just because of my name, or the fact that you have only played 4 VN's.
There are a lot of people in the world that have only played 4 Visual Novels or less.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that at you point in your life, you had only played 4 visual novels.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

hey0910 wrote:the fact that you have only played 4 VN's. :?:
In what world is that "ridiculous"?

:lol: My god, you're the VN equivalent of a COD fanboy. Get off my internet, man.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
acidhedz

Post by acidhedz »

When I first did this game, the first chapter, I played it through just going with what I personally felt and ended up with Rin's path. So when the full game came out I made sure I got on her path again, literally played the whole thing through as soon as I DLed it. I got her good ending, but was so strongly affected by it I have only just now started on the other girls.

So far i have done Hanako and Shizune. Hanako's I enjoyed. Shizune had the most erotic H scenes, which was nice but I felt the Misha lesbian swerve was rather pointless, and it made little sense in context, plus the ending more than a little odd. Hey we've been having sex and I just told you I love you, hope we see each other before the 10 year reunion, well... bye.

I will probably do Lilly's next, and Emi last.

I do use the flow charts because I am going through it as an interactive novel, and want to get specific good endings. I may do the bad and neutral endings at some point, or I may not.
Dubstep, Electronica, Synth-Classical interpretations... music.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."
Tim Minchin
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

acidhedz wrote:I felt the Misha lesbian swerve was rather pointless, and it made little sense in context, plus the ending more than a little odd. Hey we've been having sex and I just told you I love you, hope we see each other before the 10 year reunion, well... bye.
Pointless except for the point, you mean? And how does it not make sense in context?

I don't think that's how the ending happened...There was no "bye", for one thing. And what's odd about pursuing one's goals? What would really be odd is screwing up all their plans just to keep being the three musketeers. Sometimes people end up separated. It's less "we fucked, bye!" and more "We might separate someday but fuck it, let's enjoy our time until then."

Incidentally, why is the plot twist in spoilers and the ending right there for anyone to see? If they haven't caught the plot twist, the ending's a spoiler too...I fixed it in the quote.

And your reasoning for flow charts makes little sense. It's an "interactive novel"...Okay? How does that justify removing the entire purpose of the "interactive" element by using a guide? :?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I flicked through the manual while downloading, and from reading the paragraph descriptors and checking the pictures, figured my first playthrough would be with Lilly, Hanako or Shizune.

However, my first playthrough I fell in love with Emi almost as soon as I met her.

Second playthrough I figured I'd play with any of the three above girls, with the consequence that I ended up halfway between them and was given the optio to play with Rin (Um, no, I wanted L, H or S) and then got the manly picnic.

Third, I decided to go with Shizune.

Fourth I went with which felt more natural between Lilly and Hanako. I can't honestly remember which I picked, but I went with the option that felt most natural and least intrusive when I came to the final choice between them in Act 1.

Fifth was with the other of Lilly/Hanako (I think this was Hanako).

Finally Rin.

Roll on a year, and I'm coming back to play it all through again in the same order as last time :)
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
RxPython

Post by RxPython »

When I've reached to the class first time, I've been very interested in Hanako. What happened to her or so. Wanted to find it out, I played more and more and I think I've decided well. The story is awesome. The best game character I've ever met. :( Unfortunately she's just imaginary character. I would very like to meet someone interesting like her. Thank you devs for the emotions I've had during the play.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome aboard Python. Don't worry man, we've all been there and had those same feelings. I just started about a week ago and I'm still all knotted up inside. :)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I stumbled onto Emi's on my own (hence, my first one). I used the guide to figure out the rest, though I got Rin's somewhat by chance as well, and set it aside for now. All the routes have their strong points. Sit back, relax (with milk and cookies for Shizune's as you WILL be doing a lot of mindless clicking), and go with the ride.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."