What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ShadeHaven

Re: Cheating Feeling

Post by ShadeHaven »

Ste wrote:That's why Shizune's arc is ridiculous: how can you possibly be interested in an ugly, bespectacled, unpleasant, overbearing nuisance when a hot blonde is clearly attracted to you? Rin must be right: your problem is in your pants.
Ugly? What Shizune have you been looking at? Sure, looks are subjective, but ugly?
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

SemisoftCheese wrote:Hello all!

New to the forums, second post, so be nice :D

It seems like most people here have played through all the character routes to completion, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. For instance, I started with the Lilly route, and finished it (and found it to be amazing). But when I tried to play another route, for instance, Emi's, and met the character of Lilly, I had this sinking feeling that I was missing something.

Eh, too many KS feels. But did anyone else replicate this feel? Or am I identifying too much with a fictional story :mrgreen:

It will wear off, but we've all been there, trust me.

Try playing through Hanako's. It might make it better or worse, since their routes are tied so closely together.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

SemisoftCheese wrote:haha I guess we're getting a bit off topic here, but I found Lilly attractive because (luckily) I dated a girl much like her over the summer. Super-sophisticated, super-classy, foreign (I'm american, she was russian).

I can only postulate that many players of KS enjoy it because they project a girl in their lives, into the game? I played the Lilly route, and I saw myself, over the summer, going through the same actions, and then seeing routes I could have taken.

For me, it seemed like KS was an affirmation of what I should have done (oh no!), rather than a sexual matter. But I guess if you're a love at first sight person, then looks would really play into it. For me, I was attracted to Lilly because of her personality.
I'm not a love-at-first-sight person whatsoever, but I think most of the time the meticulously-drawn artistic scenes are much better than the sprites. The first time I saw Lilly sitting there in the tea room, my heart more or less stumbled over itself. Nonetheless, Hanako is by far my favourite, and I've said this before; It's not just because I'm a compassionate guy with a soft spot for shy girls, but her and I have a lot in common (depression, introversion, generally being laid-back) and Hanako identifies the sort of girl that I do hope to find some day.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Getting back toward the topic, your reaction isn't actually as uncommon as this place might make it sound. In the earlier days of the game, we had quite a lot of people who couldn't get past their first route because it felt like cheating. Many eventually went on to do the other routes anyway.

It is important to do them, I think. This game draws people in, grabs them by the feels, and doesn't let go easily. That's not a bad thing, but there comes a point when you need to get through it. Note that I say through it, not over it; the feels aren't something that should just be dismissed off-hand, but there is an "other side," and it's important to get there eventually. Completing the different routes, and getting the endings (even, perhaps especially, the bad ones) is part of that.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Nekken wrote: It is important to do them, I think. This game draws people in, grabs them by the feels, and doesn't let go easily. That's not a bad thing, but there comes a point when you need to get through it. Note that I say through it, not over it; the feels aren't something that should just be dismissed off-hand, but there is an "other side," and it's important to get there eventually. Completing the different routes, and getting the endings (even, perhaps especially, the bad ones) is part of that.

I think what you're saying is what I think now about KS--that it was a terrific learning experience. I'm lucky in that I played through the Lilly route wholeheartedly--and came out with the good ending. Along the way, I picked up the little tips I was missing before, and to me, that's enough. Just getting that from the game would be good enough for me to pay $50 for it.

I'm sure if I have free time in the future, I'll wing my way over to the other paths, and pick up some tips. But as for now, I think I'm content with what I took out of KS, for better or for worse.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

The only cheating feeling I gotten was that I used a cheat code to unlock all the H-scenes wihtin the game without going through the whole deal using the Konami Code.
That and I really had a cheating feeling when I was playing the game. Not at all
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Ste wrote:That's why Shizune's arc is ridiculous: how can you possibly be interested in an ugly, bespectacled, unpleasant, overbearing nuisance when a hot blonde is clearly attracted to you? Rin must be right: your problem is in your pants.
That's a very good question. Luckily it has nothing at all to do with Shizune. :P

And OP, the 'cheating feeling' is pretty common, if completely silly. Just finish up at your own pace, as long as you do finish.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Shizune's route is the only route which gave me a "cheating feeling". :roll:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Shizune's route is the only route which gave me a "cheating feeling". :roll:
^ What he said.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

OtakuNinja wrote:Shizune's route is the only route which gave me a "cheating feeling". :roll:

It's because we all wanted a Misha route.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:

We have a Misha route though. It's in Kenji's box. 8)
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote:

No, that's the parts to his Fem-bot. :lol:

Sorry, I'm supposed to be serious. :|
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
No, that's the parts to his Fem-bot. :lol:

Sorry, I'm supposed to be serious. :|

Anyway, I think that unless anyone else has something to contribute about the cheating feeling, we should probably drop the topic.

I wonder if we would have less derailed threads if we had one "General" thread, where we can talk about whatever the fuck we want, and let it derail all over the place.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Probably, but the devs won't allow such a thread. :?
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

OtakuNinja wrote:Probably, but the devs won't allow such a thread. :?
The devs won't allow such a thread because they are busy people with lives outside moderating the forums. The forums are a privilege and not a right. One could even call them a gift.

End result: Keep it on topic and no one gets hurt.

Additionally, the users of this forum have volunteered to maintain an unofficial off-topic forum, populated primarily by the selfsame individuals from these official forums. The devs have deemed it desirable to include this information in one of the stickied threads. You can find it at http://hbhc.kutagh.com/index.php.

So, frankly, you don't really have an excuse. You know the devs frown on this, and there's an alternate forum advertised almost specifically for the stated purpose.

And now, back on topic:

Emotional attachment to the characters is (of course) a common feel. For some, it manifests as a waifu. They feel guilty about experiencing the other routes (either because they're "cheating" or because their waifu doesn't end up with her "special someone").

They're just like any other feels. They can hit hard, they can strike at any moment, and they can surprise you with how they affect you. And, just like any other feels, you get through them in the same way. There's advice on that all over the forums.

Also, has been advised, take your time, finish at your own pace. But I strongly recommend you get 100%. The bad ends are important. There's no rush. Let the experience flow over you.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server