A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: First Playthrough... Now What?

Post by Xanatos »

ravenlord wrote:
Mint wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Hanako: Bacons
Well that's just cruel.
Indeed, and unfortunatly these forums can be a troll magnet due to the nature of the game. Luckily there is an ignore feature available that blocks out all posts made by them. It makes visiting a lot more pleasant :)

And yes, a better summary is:
Emi: "Can you stand up for yourself?"
Hanako: "Can you face your fears?"
Lilly: "Can you see what I see?"
Rin: "Can you seize the day?"
Shizune: "Can you tell me what you think?"
What do trolls have to do with anything in this thread?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
FortuneSnowman

Post by FortuneSnowman »

The impression I had at first was that Rin as a person was just such an oddity that her path's conflicts were all a result of her own mind, and that the other girls would likely have outside conflicts. I seem to be getting a different feel from the people here though. I'm getting the impression that everyone else is perhaps just not as obvious about their own personal problems.
Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Hanako>Manly Picnic>Emi
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:
ravenlord wrote:
Mint wrote: Well that's just cruel.
Indeed, and unfortunatly these forums can be a troll magnet due to the nature of the game. Luckily there is an ignore feature available that blocks out all posts made by them. It makes visiting a lot more pleasant :)

And yes, a better summary is:
Emi: "Can you stand up for yourself?"
Hanako: "Can you face your fears?"
Lilly: "Can you see what I see?"
Rin: "Can you seize the day?"
Shizune: "Can you tell me what you think?"
What do trolls have to do with anything in this thread?

Xanatos used post!
But Ravenlord has Ignore!
Xanatos's attack failed!
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FortuneSnowman wrote:The impression I had at first was that Rin as a person was just such an oddity that her path's conflicts were all a result of her own mind, and that the other girls would likely have outside conflicts. I seem to be getting a different feel from the people here though. I'm getting the impression that everyone else is perhaps just not as obvious about their own personal problems.
Sounds like you're describing Kenji more than Rin. :lol:

@Pseudogenesis: It only fails if it isn't read. And he obviously still reads some of them. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

ravenlord wrote:Luckily there is an ignore feature available that blocks out all posts made by them.
I'm actually curious as to why you decided to present your ignore list in such a grand and obvious manner. Seems to me that it goes against the very concept of ignoring them; you're still trying to send a message to the ignored.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Why are you two even having this conversation?

I said the whole "that was mean" thing as a joke. Lighten up, geez.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Mint wrote:Why are you two even having this conversation?

People like to have this conversation. Fact that you have a problem with it means you haven't lighted up yourself.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Reksho wrote:

People like to have this conversation. Fact that you have a problem with it means you haven't lighted up yourself.
The fact that I have a problem with people being constantly high strung makes me high strung.

You know, that does indeed make sense, in a way.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Mint wrote:
Reksho wrote:

The fact that I have a problem with people being constantly high strung makes me high strung.
Which means you have a problem with yourself. :lol:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Xanatos used post!
But Ravenlord has Ignore!
Xanatos's attack failed!
OtakuNinja used logic!
Mint fainted!

:P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Reksho wrote:
ravenlord wrote:Luckily there is an ignore feature available that blocks out all posts made by them.
I'm actually curious as to why you decided to present your ignore list in such a grand and obvious manner. Seems to me that it goes against the very concept of ignoring them; you're still trying to send a message to the ignored.
The message is mostly a warning to newer posters. It lets them know that this isn't /b/ -- that most of the posters here are serious, and that identifying the handful of exceptions is pretty easy. That way newer posters won't get turned off right away if they find those guys trolling the first few posts that they make. It can be discouraging for a new poster trying to figure out what is going on with them and the game if they get barraged right away with a bunch of Jr. High "humor" and they don't understand who or what the source of that kind of content is. They can see "oh, it is just one of those guys" and just ignore it and continue with productive posting.

On a smaller note, I also do it as a courtesy so that people on the list don't post or requote me excepting a reply, once they know that I can't see what they post anymore. I try to be mindful no matter what :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Mint

Post by Mint »

OtakuNinja wrote:Which means you have a problem with yourself. :lol:
Everyone does.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ravenlord wrote:words
Translation: He has a thin skn and identifies anything he dislikes as "trolling" while clearly not knowing what the word actually means. :roll: There's a lesson here and that lesson is "Learn the definition before you use a word."

@Mint: Kenji doesn't seem to. :P
yates

Post by yates »

Uhhhhhhhhh...

I played Lilly first, BIG mistake. I nearly cried, maybe had a tear :( I had the bad ending, sooo depressing. This hit my hard.

I just finished Emi's, it doesn't compare to Lilly's sadly. I'm thinking none of them will be as good.

I wish I saved Lilly for the end. Hopefully one day I'll forget about this game, replay it without any memory of it. Not rush through it, and hopefully get the good ending this time. THE FEELSSSSSSS!!!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yates wrote:Uhhhhhhhhh...

I played Lilly first, BIG mistake. I nearly cried, maybe had a tear :( I had the bad ending, sooo depressing. This hit my hard.

I just finished Emi's, it doesn't compare to Lilly's sadly. I'm thinking none of them will be as good.

I wish I saved Lilly for the end. Hopefully one day I'll forget about this game, replay it without any memory of it. Not rush through it, and hopefully get the good ending this time. THE FEELSSSSSSS!!!
Heh. Have you tried Rin's?

Which ending did you get for Emi?

And many here tend to replay routes after the details fade from mind. It doesn't take too long, maybe a few months. Replay Lilly's route knowing the ending and you'll even catch on to little details here and there you might have missed.
yates

Post by yates »

Xanatos wrote:
yates wrote:Uhhhhhhhhh...

Heh. Have you tried Rin's?

Which ending did you get for Emi?

And many here tend to replay routes after the details fade from mind. It doesn't take too long, maybe a few months. Replay Lilly's route knowing the ending and you'll even catch on to little details here and there you might have missed.

Nope, only done Lilly's and Emi's. Surprisingly I got the good ending for Emi. I mean it was good, but emotionally it just didn't compare to Lilly's.

I have heard good things about Rin's, I will start it in a few days.

I'm looking forward to replaying Lilly's (hopefully I forget most of it, and I'm even more hopeful that I'll get the good ending!). I'll take my time to read it and soak it all in. I'm not sure why I liked her story so much, maybe coz her character seems very likeable to me.