What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpamJam

Re: Good ending and leave it or?

Post by SpamJam »

Evenstar wrote:I'd recommend finding all the good endings before making a point to find the bad/ neutral ones. I managed all five with only one failure along the way with Shizune. This was so devastatingly awful that I had to stay up late and find the good ending or I knew I would have bad dreams. Lucky for me, it was easy to figure where things went wrong.

Even though I want to complete the picture collection, I'm still reluctant to pursue a bad path. I found the "Manly Picnic" path and ended up staring blankly at the screen when done. Frankly, after that and what had happened with Shizune, I'm a bit scared to see the other bad endings. After three acts of well written emotional turmoil, it breaks my heart to see it all fall apart in the final act, usually due to a bad choice on my part.

My current plan is to unlock a bad path and then spend a few days doing happy stuff so I can calm down.
That exactly what im worried about and im probably going to be devastated if i go for emi's bad ending or whoever elses but i might do what your doing
Thanks Man :D
Emi is my favourite <3
Out-All Knight

To the people who passed all the routes.

Post by Out-All Knight »

Whenever I think of starting over one of the girl's routes, I feel....displeased for some reason but I gotta do it if can't take it then how would I equally understand all of the characters? Can someone explain this weird feeling?
Deadeye

Re: To the people who passed all the routes.

Post by Deadeye »

You're either

A.) Attached by some means to the first route you've done, therefore making any following routes painful/aggravating.
or
B.) Your mind can't adjust to the new route in the first act, mixing older routes with current routes causing said weird feelings.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sounds to me like you've gotten really attached to one of the other characters and don't want to "abandon" her by going with somebody else.
Not Dead Yet
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

There is no rush. Enjoy the feel of your first girl as long as you can, it doesn't matter if it is a few days or a few months. You will thank yourself later for stetching it out and savoring every moment. If your girl's route again for a second time if yuo really want to milk it, before moving on :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Mint

Post by Mint »

Like Deadeye said, you're probably either attached to one or more elements regarding a specific character, or you're just too heavily affected emotionally by a recently completed arc. See, when I finished Lily's route, I only had Rin to cover. Rin was definitely not my least favorite character, she had a lot of intriguing elements in her story, but in order for me to bring myself to actually do it, I took several months off KS. That's because each arc gives you an unique type of "feel" as people seem to have labeled it. And sometimes, the transition from one to another, especially if it's two contrasting paths like in my case, can be quite difficult to adapt to properly. Even if you think you're adapting, your subconscious response would beg to differ. You need to try and assimilate your recently completed story (even if you've completed all of them) before trying to delve into a new one. Otherwise, the residual from the old arc carries into the new one and you're left with this sensation of hollowness, like something isn't right.

Take some time off. Let it sink in and wait for the proper moment to start again. If there's one thing I noticed, it's that Katawa Shoujo, at least for me, requires a certain type of mood. It's pretty difficult to put a label on it, but you know it's there once it actually hits you.

All and all, just give yourself a break before your next playthrough. You'll see that the results will be satisfactory.
random

Post by random »

Maybe he just don't like the game?
Mint

Post by Mint »

random wrote:Maybe he just don't like the game?
I think the part where he says he completed all of it hints otherwise.

Then again, I could be wrong. You never know.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

random wrote:Maybe he just don't like the game?
Generally, I don't replay a game that I don't like but thats just me...
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

After I completed the Lily's route the second time around, I was thinking of going into Emi's route since I'd like to feeling the magic the second time and also with a new view using what I have learned about Emi's past and her problems in the first play through.

Problem is, I loved the Lily route by the time I've got the good ending after that rollercoaster ride of emotions. and became a Lily fan, rooting for Hisao to take care of her and thinking of the right choices so that he can come close to her.
With that in mind, thinking of going to Emi route despite loving it just as equally makes me feel like a bit of a cheater. :?

Yeah, I probably need to play again after the feels have quieted down. Man, How many have said that KS is one damn piece of good e-literature, don't you think?

Thanks for the suggestion guys. :D

PS: I have heard there is an alternate mode of getting the good ending for Emi's route, is this true?
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Yes it requires failing before realising what an idiot you've been and regaining your senses------> or if you did this the first time its simply winning in one go :)

Which way did you get the good ending the first time?
ImageImage

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

Lolzster wrote:Yes it requires failing before realising what an idiot you've been and regaining your senses------> or if you did this the first time its simply winning in one go :)

Which way did you get the good ending the first time?
Follwing Mutou's science and romance advice and talking with Emi's mother during dinner
Don't say to me how can I get the alt path to the good ending, I would like my feels to be of pure blend rich in flavor. :)
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

don't worry I won't tell you how to do it, but there is a way
ImageImage

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

When I went through the 5 different paths, I chose characters that seemed separate from the previous to follow next.

I started by following Rin, so I figured diving in with Emi was a bad idea. Instead, I followed Hanako's story next, followed by Shizune, then Emi and finally Lilly. That way I was divorced from the other characters for the most part, who played heavier roles in the story I'd just read. It helped keep the stories separate and allowed me to forget about the story I'd just finished.

It worked for me, anyway.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

My path with Emi was blind, and I got the good ending through the alternate path. It adds 10x feels to the arc :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb