What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Bad Endings Before the Good?

Post by Megumeru »

Lilly? Bad ending?
Lilly's "bad ending" is like taking a piss. You have it, then you forget about it.

Not so with Shizune's, Emi's, Rin's, and Hanako's bad endings. You have those, it's like taking a gunshot to the head, surviving it, then become the witness of the massacre of your family while you sit on the side unable to do anything but curse at the guy who pulled the trigger as he execute them one by one. You'll remember them for a very-very long time--as well as the face of the guy who made it happen (Hisao).

So which one should you take first? The bad endings or the good? Up to you. Don't use a walkthrough, it's like a roulette of emotional roller coaster so which endings you get will be quite the 'surprise'!
Personally, I say you alternate between them; bad ending, good ending, bad ending, good ending--of course, if this is done without walkthrough, then you use it the other way around (finish one girl up to 100% before moving to the next)

You haven't seen nothing if you just went through Lilly and skip the rest of the girls and their bad endings.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

Coming back to this thread a week later, I just couldn't bring myself to use a walkthrough. I've been through Hanako's route and now I'm on the edge of finishing Shizune's route as well. I've gotten nothing but good endings so far. I'm sure I'm in for an emotional rollercoaster after all of this, but I don't care! I'm having too much fun making all of the decisions myself and seeing the consequences.
Megumeru wrote: You haven't seen nothing if you just went through Lilly and skip the rest of the girls and their bad endings.
Don't worry, I never had the intention of just going through one girl's path and leaving it there. I'll admit, I was so moved by Lilly's story that I instantly wanted to jump in and start carrying out conversations with people, before quickly realizing there were many spoilers abound and I should focus on finishing up the game first. Lilly's story still has the biggest grip on me, though Shizune's is proving to be a lot more moving than I thought it would be. Even if it's not as romantic as Lilly's, the drama with Misha is both heartbreaking and inspirational. I say inspirational because Shizune and Hisao try so hard to cheer her back up!
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sarah

Which storyline should I complete next?

Post by Sarah »

Okay, so I've been one of those people who just hang around fan sites reading everything without joining for the past week or so, and decided I'd actually join.

I've only completed the Hanako and Lily storyline (oh, and the Kenji/death scene), but I've saved the game at the beginning of the other girls storyline.
Basically, I've been putting so much thought into which story line I wanna do next and overanalysing it so much that I just can't decide.

I was mostly interested in doing Shizune next (also for the apparent cheating on Shizune with Misha - as in I wanna see what leads to the situation and what happens after, not that I just wanna get it on with her), but after going through all these posts I'm thinking maybe the others look more interesting.

Also, should I read the flowcharts (I saved them all but didn't read them) and aim to complete a sad or happy ending first? If so, which one?
Or should I go through each storyline answering the questions as myself to see how I'd go with each girl?

Thanks all :D
Completed: Hanako & Lily.
Original ending = IN LOVE WITH HANAKO <3
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

When I play-through the different storylines, I answer the questions as me rather than aiming for the good or bad ending the first time then complete whichever one(s) I didn't get the next time(s).
Mirage_GSM

Re: Which storyline should I complete next?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It is simply a matter of what your preferences are.
Do you want to save the best for last?
Do you want the complicated routes out of the way first?
Some people (like me) want to get the bad ends first so they can end the route on a happy note.
Others want to get the good end first, because the one they got first is the one that feely "real" to them.
Still others answer questions like they would themselves and see where that gets them.
Neither method is better or worse than any other.
The walkthrougs don't really contain anything that could be remotely considered a spoiler for the story, so personally, I'd not have any problems using them, but it really isn't necessary. It is almost impossible to get Emi's bad end by accident, and the same goes for Shizune. Rin's first bad end comes a bit out of the blue, but it is really short, and her second bad end can be sen from miles away. Most choices in her path don't even matter at all.

So this is really not a question anyone can answer but yourself.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
yummines

Post by yummines »

depends

Shizune's route doesnt have that much feels compared to other routes, except when it comes to Misha. plenty of H-scenes though.

Emi's route is similar with the h-scenes, but i think is an overall happier story than most the other routes. also for once Hisao gets off his lazy ass

Rin's route is probably the darkest with the most intense feels. even the good ending is a bit bittersweet, and someone said she is the only girl to have 1 good ending and 2 bad endings.
eleventhirtyeight

Post by eleventhirtyeight »

I have to agree with the two above poster :D but I'd say since you're gonna play them all anyways...go with the girl out of those three that seems the most interesting. :P sorry I can't be of more help, personally I loved Shizune's route even though it gets a lot of hate, but I'd do her bad ending first then the good, because you need something happy to offset how sad her bad ending was...in my opinion at least. :)
Last edited by eleventhirtyeight on Fri May 11, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunlight will shine on my life again, so let the past burn now down in flames.

Alas, earwax!

[insert witty or interesting something here]
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Your decision, play Shizune next if you feel like, but I have one bit of advice. Please consider not using a flowchart. Part of the appeal of KS is seeing what happens due to the few actions you choose. It will be a bit ruined if you already know the outcome. Hope you enjoy. :)
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I wouldn't use a flowchart, it takes away from the experience, since you'll know the outcome of your decisions.
I voted for Shizune. It's a "love it or hate it" route, sort of, so having it in the middle is the safest bet.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Choose whatever girl you liked most in Act 1. Unless you've been doing a lot of reading about them, I can guarantee that their story probably isn't going to be what you think it's going to be.

Also, no flowcharts or walkthroughs. Make the choices you want to make. The endings will feel more personal that way because good or bad, you earned them honestly.
Not Dead Yet
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Sarah wrote:When I play-through the different storylines, I answer the questions as me rather than aiming for the good or bad ending the first time then complete whichever one(s) I didn't get the next time(s).
This is the best thing to do.
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

ShadeHaven wrote:If I'm correct, Lilly doesn't have a bad ending. Just a neutral one, thank god.
Sorry to inform you, but she does have a bad ending...

Her condition worsens, and she ends up dying of blindness.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Sarah wrote:When I play-through the different storylines, I answer the questions as me rather than aiming for the good or bad ending the first time then complete whichever one(s) I didn't get the next time(s).
Which ending did you reach after in the end?

I did something similar, and ended up with Hanako good end, Emi good end, Shizune good end, Lilly good end, and Rin neutral end (sorry Rin. First playthrough is harsh on your route)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Megumeru wrote:Which ending did you reach after in the end?

I did something similar, and ended up with Hanako good end, Emi good end, Shizune good end, Lilly good end, and Rin neutral end (sorry Rin. First playthrough is harsh on your route)
I'm currently reading Shizune, but I haven't done Emi or Rin yet. Got good endings for Hanako and Lily though :D

...And now I'm sliiiightly concerned about Rin's route :|
Titus

Post by Titus »

nemz wrote:I did all routes for each girl, one girl at a time, and in the proecess ended up doing Rin's 'neutral' ending last.

This was a BAD IDEA. Don't do that.
I was so damn angry at Hisao in Rin's neutral ending. Some stories really enrapture people, and this one made me want to erase Hisao's lines and write my own or jump in their world. Against all odds I honestly hoped that Hisao would salvage the situation in that ending. Auugh.

Anyway, sounds like a good idea. I just get the good ending then load a save to get the bad. Then go to library and replay the good :mrgreen:
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?