What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snow_Storm

Re: Bad Endings Before the Good?

Post by Snow_Storm »

If you want to play with walkthorughs, go for it. Anyone who think they're better than somebody because they played without the help of a walk through are scientifically proven to be virgins and no lifers.

But yeah, if you wanna go get all the bad endings first, be my guest! I think it's a good idea because you save the good and best for last.
Murkglow

Post by Murkglow »

Eh, really there is a number of valid ways to think about this (save the good for last or do the good first to "soften" the bad's impact) so it's hard to say more.

It depends on how you do them as well. If you're only going to do one "real" play through of each path (reading it all from beginning to end) and then using skip to get the the parts you missed, then I might recommend going with the Good End first. I find that the "complete" play through tends to be the one that hits you hardest while the bits you get to via using skip loses some of their punch because of the lack of build up. Of course even still the Bad Ends on some routes still have a fair amount of punch and some have Bad Ends that are either short enough that the loss of context won't matter much or long enough to build their own anticipation...
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

good before bad.

the bad feels more 'real' if you get to it first.
AdventSign

Post by AdventSign »

Get bad endings first...that way you can finish the game on a high note. I regret not looking at a flowchart for the bad endings and getting them first and I've been depressed about the bad endings for awhile! :(
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Snow_Storm wrote:If you want to play with walkthorughs, go for it. Anyone who think they're better than somebody because they played without the help of a walk through are scientifically proven to be virgins and no lifers.

But yeah, if you wanna go get all the bad endings first, be my guest! I think it's a good idea because you save the good and best for last.
With that said, if you use all the options you'd use in real life and get only bad endings... well...
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

I definitely see the benefit of playing making your own choices. That's what I did for Lilly's good path, and knowing that all of the choices were my own connected me to Hisao that much more. Using some sort of guide for the bad endings will ultimately make get the good endings by process of elimination of the choices, whether I use a guide for the good endings or not. All in all, I'm happy that my own personal choices led me to Lilly's best ending. It gave me "feels" that won't be replaced anytime soon. I still have a lot of time to decide how to approach this though. I'll be away from my KS computer for a week! :(
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Most efficient approach is to play up to a given act 2 climax, then save, and then make every different choice you can using the act 2 save to shorten the turnaround. Your decision if you want to get the happy or sad endings first. Finishing all of a given path at once lets you keep each part in mind, for context. Unless you're the type that likes to let something sit for a while before rereading. Then my advice doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure why you'd want to use a walkthrough first time around. Making these decisions honestly is the only real agency you have in the game.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
royaltyler

Which Path Should I Take Next? Emi or Shizune?

Post by royaltyler »

I am kinda leaning for Shizune, but I don't know. I have already played the other three paths, going Hanako > Lilly > Rin, (By the way when I was playing Rin's I did not know which one I liked the best, but I felt it would become the best. At the end it ended up being the best) but that doesn't matter. The reason why I am leaning for Shizune is because:

1.) I have scene all the cutscenes in the game, and I really liked Shizune's.
2.) Misha is an awesome character, and I would like to see more of her (Don't think of this as naughty, please!)
3.) I have been having a lot of ideas, and a lot of relate to Shizune's Path, though all I know about her path is that Misha ends up being lesbian, and that Shizune's dad is a douche, though I don't know how.

What should I go for? I know a lot of people end up playing Emi's path at first, that the anal part is hilarious, (I haven't seen anything about it) and that you make some stupid mistake near the end that changes stuff, though I don't know anything about it.
I don't know what to put here, yet. I may put something here.
acewing905

Re: Which Path Should I Take Next? Emi or Shizune?

Post by acewing905 »

I'd go for Shizune myself, though before I knew the content, I did Emi prior to Shizune. Anyway, decide it on how you'd like the story to end. Emi's good end is basically a traditional happy end, whereas Shizune's good end is more of a bittersweet end, though it's pretty much open to interpretation.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think Shizune's is the weakest route, but it's also the only one that lasts till graduation, so that makes it a decent spot to end the story on. I'd save her for last and take Emi's next.
Not Dead Yet
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

They're both good, but quite different. Shizune's is more... subtle? Emi is very overt.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I'd do Shizune's first.
Leave the best for last 8)
Murkglow

Post by Murkglow »

I'd say, given that you've done all the others so far, I'd save Shizune's for last. It has the better endings/events for finishing your play through on IMO.

Of course the most important part is doing what you want/like. If you really want to do Shizune's first then by all means.
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I'm actually pretty surprised you didn't take Rin second to last. I'd say, take Emi's first so you can have that last 'feels' before you exert your mind.

...and of course, save the best for the last.

Here's a tip:
If you managed to pour a decent amount of concentration when reading Rin's path, then I suggest you pour twice that effort when reading Shizune's path. Shizune's path, by far, is the most subtle and also one of the most rewarding--that is, if you pour down a lot of concentration down when reading her path.

1. You're dealing with a character who is pretty much living in a world of its own. Rin is one, but she can still communicate with you early on. Shizune? Not so much. Watch her actions, her expressions, etc. as those are one way you can tell/read what she is thinking (e.g. "can you tell me what I think")
2. You won't find something that is overly 'feel' or dramatic in Shizune's path like that in Lilly, so start with a blank slate of your expectations chart. Hell, actually, start with a blank slate every time you start a new path. However, if you actually read 'deep' enough (or analyze), you'll find some of the most rewarding feels in Shizune's path--something that sealed my deal (I used to like Hanako in demo, but converted 8) )
3. Read, read, read, and read. DO NOT skip a single text, and I mean it. Every time there's a Shizune, Hisao, and a Misha, there's always something that hints one of the other
4. Beware of bad endings.

Hmm...what else...I think that's about it?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Oddball wrote:I wouldn't try for anything first. Play the game without any walkthroughs at all. Make the choices you think are the rights ones. hen go back and make the opposite choices, after you get at least two endings for everyone, THEN use walkthroughs.
Yep, makes the game more enjoyable that way. Consequence to that is I got Rin's neutral ending first and it struck quite hard.

Well, I'll keep at it anyways, at least I won't get burnt out on this game any time soon.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.