The Music of Katawa Shoujo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: The Music of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Steinherz »

forgetmenot wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Wasn't there a VN in the works about a school for people with mental conditions?
Mentaru Shoujo, or as it's now called, Missing Stars. I know one of the writers for it.
Any information on what's been going on with it?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Steinherz wrote:
forgetmenot wrote: Mentaru Shoujo, or as it's now called, Missing Stars. I know one of the writers for it.
Any information on what's been going on with it?
I'm not privy to the innermost workings of the group. What I've heard is merely in passing from a few members of the original project who left due to creative differences, as well as one of the writers. I try not to pry too much.

I believe the most appropriate term for it is "Development Hell". That being said I'll be interested to see whatever it is they produce, if anything. I wouldn't count on it being soon, though.
Potato

Post by Potato »

forgetmenot wrote:I'm not privy to the innermost workings of the group. What I've heard is merely in passing from a few members of the original project who left due to creative differences, as well as one of the writers. I try not to pry too much.

I believe the most appropriate term for it is "Development Hell". That being said I'll be interested to see whatever it is they produce, if anything. I wouldn't count on it being soon, though.
Seeing as KS itself was five years in the making or something like that, I don't think 'soon' would be on anyone's list of expectations either way. :lol: The forum seems relatively (to KS' heyday) tepid, activity-wise, and it looks like a dev or two made the mistake of trying to produce other projects alongside MS which couldn't possibly bode well...Much like my initial curiosity with KS, I just wanna see how they handle the disability angle. One of the girls looks like Hannibal...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Personally, I try not to get my hopes up until the project is either almost completed or the team produces a demo the scope of KS' Act 1 demo. (which shows that they don't just know how to write/draw/compose/script but also know how to work as a team)

In general, if 20 projects like KS get started, expect all but one to fail or end up on hold indefinitely. Projects like KS are the exception, rather than the rule.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:
forgetmenot wrote:I'm not privy to the innermost workings of the group. What I've heard is merely in passing from a few members of the original project who left due to creative differences, as well as one of the writers. I try not to pry too much.

Seeing as KS itself was five years in the making or something like that, I don't think 'soon' would be on anyone's list of expectations either way. :lol: The forum seems relatively (to KS' heyday) tepid, activity-wise, and it looks like a dev or two made the mistake of trying to produce other projects alongside MS which couldn't possibly bode well...Much like my initial curiosity with KS, I just wanna see how they handle the disability angle. One of the girls looks like Hannibal...
I saw the mask thing too. I was like "this both worries me, and slightly arouses me." :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Steinherz wrote:I saw the mask thing too. I was like "this both worries me, and slightly arouses me." :lol:
Hrm. You worry me… :shock:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:
Steinherz wrote:I saw the mask thing too. I was like "this both worries me, and slightly arouses me." :lol:
Hrm. You worry me… :shock:
I have a slight thing for bondage, what? Is that so wrong? XD
Shizune does as well :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Steinherz wrote:I have a slight thing for bondage, what? Is that so wrong? XD
Ah, well that's slightly less worrying than what I thought, which was that you found the idea of Hannibal Lecter slightly arousing.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:
Steinherz wrote:I have a slight thing for bondage, what? Is that so wrong? XD
Ah, well that's slightly less worrying than what I thought, which was that you found the idea of Hannibal Lecter slightly arousing.
:lol:
No, Mr. Lecter is not arousing, but a hot girl wearing that type of mask is very much evocative of bondage.
I also draw, kind of.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:
Potato wrote:

I saw the mask thing too. I was like "this both worries me, and slightly arouses me." :lol:
You had that thought too? That worries me. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

I constantly find myself humming 'Aria de l'Etoile'. A very simple theme, but simply amazing.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

NordicBerry

Post by NordicBerry »

For me, Rainbows and Puddles is just amazing... I cannot be sad or mad when i listen to it, it soothes me into this relaxation state.
But the music overall is just really really good and i enjoy listening to the soundtrack for hours no matter what i am doing at that moment :D
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

The music was really good. I have so much of an emotional attachment to "Standing Tall".
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Time for some forum contribution because reasons.

I like all the 'Oh fuck son' tracks. Knowing that, shouldn't be hard to guess that my favourites are Breathlessly, Cold Iron, Moment of Decision, Painful History and Shadow of the Truth.
Basically, all the 'ouch, right in the heart' (seewhatIdidthere) tracks.
I don't know why I do these things to myself.

It's also pretty amazing how associating a track with a certain part of a story gives it such a strong connection to the relevant feels. I like it, even though this is nothing new, of course.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I have a confession to make.
During my playthrough of KS a year and a half ago, I didn't really give the music the credit it deserves.
I either play the game muted, played music of my own over it, or just didn't pay attention.
I've decided to download the music box thingy to my phone, and I will go on a journey to right some wrongs.
Wish me luck!
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014