A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: The Music of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
ReCodes wrote:one time, i listened to "Three Stars" for over 250 times
no joke, i have a counter
@_@ i can't get enough of that piece
Ah yes, I love that piece. It's a very nice remix of Student Council. Every time I watch the cinematic, I can't help but feel bad for Misha. Poor thing.
I think people (myself included) feel bad for Misha because we've all been in her predicament. Being in love with someone who doesn't like you the same way (I can say that experience sucks horribly), it slowly gnaws at you until you can't take it anymore.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Steinherz wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
ReCodes wrote:one time, i listened to "Three Stars" for over 250 times
no joke, i have a counter
@_@ i can't get enough of that piece
Ah yes, I love that piece. It's a very nice remix of Student Council. Every time I watch the cinematic, I can't help but feel bad for Misha. Poor thing.
I think people (myself included) feel bad for Misha because we've all been in her predicament. Being in love with someone who doesn't like you the same way (I can say that experience sucks horribly), it slowly gnaws at you until you can't take it anymore.
Takes great courage and wisdom to change the course, and not dwell on past "failures". To hanker after what cannot be had, and to forget something after you have gotten it. Such is human nature.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote: Ah yes, I love that piece. It's a very nice remix of Student Council. Every time I watch the cinematic, I can't help but feel bad for Misha. Poor thing.
Lord knows I have. Twice.

Unrequited love is a tragedy as old as mankind. :(
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:

What makes it more sad is that so many couples forgot why they fell in love after marriage and go their separate ways. Makes me creep out on how things can go so wrong for Hisao and his girl after the Good Ends...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote:

What makes it more sad is that so many couples forgot why they fell in love after marriage and go their separate ways. Makes me creep out on how things can go so wrong for Hisao and his girl after the Good Ends...
Agreed. Even sadder when two people who used to love one another suddenly become the bitterest of enemies after a divorce. Its one of the reasons I'm a big fan of long engagements, living together, etc.

And yeah, being realistic, the chances that Hisao and his girl will be together through college (well, with the exception of Lily) and their adult lives are pretty slim, as they both grow and their lives go in different directions. I do hope that they'll at least stay friends though.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I agree with everything above. I've been through the same thing Misha went through many times. It's worst when the person who doesn't share your feelings ends up falling for a complete douche bag. I guess it's just a part of life.

I really wish love didn't have to be such a complicated emotion. Sometimes I thing that life would be so much easier if I didn't have emotions, then I wouldn't have gotten my heart broken so many times.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:I agree with everything above. I've been through the same thing Misha went through many times. It's worst when the person who doesn't share your feelings ends up falling for a complete douche bag. I guess it's just a part of life.

I really wish love didn't have to be such a complicated emotion. Sometimes I thing that life would be so much easier if I didn't have emotions, then I wouldn't have gotten my heart broken so many times.
I hear you man. Maybe the Vulcans had the right idea. :)

For me, my two attempts at relationships were so bad that its put me off even trying again for most of my adult life. So I guess in a way I only have myself to blame for being alone.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

I know dem feels. It wasn't quite an unrequited love, but to be living with someone and watching them drift away until they tell you they don't love you anymore, and don't think they ever really did. I guess in the end that is similar to unrequited love in a way as I still cared about her. And it looks like you all got me going on a tangent so back to the matter at hand...I've had innocence stuck in my head since the very first time I heard it. Such a beautiful piece, one of my favorites. Next time I'm around my piano I'll have to figure out how to play it, that ones a bit simpler than some of the others.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:I know dem feels. It wasn't quite an unrequited love, but to be living with someone and watching them drift away until they tell you they don't love you anymore, and don't think they ever really did. I guess in the end that is similar to unrequited love in a way as I still cared about her. And it looks like you all got me going on a tangent so back to the matter at hand...I've had innocence stuck in my head since the very first time I heard it. Such a beautiful piece, one of my favorites. Next time I'm around my piano I'll have to figure out how to play it, that ones a bit simpler than some of the others.
That's pretty tragic man. I'm sorry. For me it was just a case of friend zoning with two girls who were best friends at the time. One just never thought of me as anything but her 'big brother'. The other decided she was in love with, and married yet another of our friends.

Its been a lot of years, and we're all still close. I just wish it could have been more.

We'd better stop. We're turning this into Broken Heart Club. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oops. I hit Submit too many times I guess.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpecimenSix wrote:I know dem feels. It wasn't quite an unrequited love, but to be living with someone and watching them drift away until they tell you they don't love you anymore, and don't think they ever really did. I guess in the end that is similar to unrequited love in a way as I still cared about her. And it looks like you all got me going on a tangent so back to the matter at hand...I've had innocence stuck in my head since the very first time I heard it. Such a beautiful piece, one of my favorites. Next time I'm around my piano I'll have to figure out how to play it, that ones a bit simpler than some of the others.
The same situation happened with me, only the opposite. I drifted apart from my girl, and was wondering why I ever dated her, even after how intimate we were together. I can't help but feel a bit more guilty now that you posted your story...

Anyway, I'm trying to learn many different KS songs on the piano. These songs need to be heard outside of the KS world!
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

@ pandaphil & KeiichiO: Thanks guys I didn't mean to derail the thread, I guess I was just thinking out loud. And to be honest, while things were lower than I thought ever possible for over a year, surprisingly enough I haven't really been thinking about her since I started KS and started frequenting these forums, things have actually been pretty decent I think. I guess I should thank you all and 4LS for everything <3 And dammit I'm doing it again. So yea about those piano songs...I'm working on learning them too. I'm really stoked too because I don't own a piano but my mom told me when her and my dad move I can have the piano for free! :D
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I can't really come up with much to say, because the english language permits me to do so in few words. Such few words don't have much force, though.

All I can say is yes. The music in Katawa Shoujo is an excellent accompanyment by talented musicians, and the VN would not be the same without it. I have the entire Katawa Shoujo Enigmatic Box of Sound on my MP3 player, and I tend to skip the songs when they come along because it's generally inconvenient to have feels at the drop of a hat like that. The music is that powerful. Even ones I don't much like or listen to very often (Out of the Loop and Sarabande come to mind, respectively) I keep for sentimental reasons.

One of these days I'm going to get that upright piano in my house and start teaching myself to play, and when I do, I hope to acquire sheet music for a lot of the tracks (hopefully as officially endorsed by 4LS - I know some of it is out there).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

Well, I'd say that it's not the soundtrack itself that's great (although it's certainly well-made), it's rather that we tie what we've read/seen in the game with the tune that was playing at the time. So when we listen to the soundtrack separately, the experience is enhanced by the feels we've experienced.
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.