The Music of Katawa Shoujo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: What is your favourite soundtrack of the game??

Post by Umber »

Is it me, or does "Stride" play on emotions all too well? It's a little unnerving, I'm doing Shizune's arc and it's playing a ton.
Not as good as Parity, but still, I'm getting attached to it.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Parity is overrated...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:Parity is overrated...
Of course it is, it's such a nice song. Then again, the KS soundtrack is full of nice songs. But who cares, I like Parity the way it is, regardless of how overrated it is, like when Viva La Vida started to get too popular.
Going to start practicing these songs on the piano, even if I can't read sheet music.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Umber wrote:Of course it is, it's such a nice song. Then again, the KS soundtrack is full of nice songs. But who cares, I like Parity the way it is, regardless of how overrated it is, like when Viva La Vida started to get too popular.
Going to start practicing these songs on the piano, even if I can't read sheet music.
i wish i had a piano :C
or i wish there're guitar tabs for these songs :'C
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

Sarabande from BWV1010 Musicbox (<3)
Raindrops and Puddles (<3)
2x400m Relay (<3)

Student Council
Romance in Andante II
Out of the Loop
Nocturne
Lullaby of Open Eyes
Parity
Jitter
To Become One
Cloudland Swing
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Banryu

Re: The Music of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Banryu »

Yeah, it's really just an experience that all elements are contributing to, I think you're right.

PS, I found this.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

It really is a first-rate musical score. I'd go so far as to say its the equal of many AAA titles. Certainly more emotional than anything else that comes to mind.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Never bothered to do a run-through without music, so I can't make that comparison. Doesn't change the fact that the OST is still really good. My favorite song overall is probably Moment of Decision, for how well it sets the tone during those tense yet emotional moments. I think because such scenes would more easily stick with me, other such songs like Breathlessly, Painful History, and Shadow of the Truth also rank high on my list. But of course some happier songs are great too. Afternoon is an obvious one, though Ah Eh I Oh You is pretty awesome as well.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I listen to the soundtrack regularly. In my opinion, "Focus" is the best track on there, and it wasn't even used in the game. Most other tracks just sound...lifeless.

Also, SO. MANY. FUCKING. GUITAR. FRET. NOISES. JESUS CHRIST.
It's obnoxious.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

I love Wiosna, Lullaby of Open Eyes, and Innocence.
Concord and Parity is always in the wrong place though. Parity is meant for competition scenes but the creators kept on using it for Rin and her paintings. It doesnt match at all. And Concord is too grand for Lily who fits better for a solo piano piece

Ah Eh I Oh You is the music that I hate the most. I had to turn off the music everytime the nurse comes in. The piece seems empty and suffocating for me
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'd say Spin is my least favorite piece in the collection. Its late at night, I'm all prepped for an emotional experience, start the game, and this techno crap blares out of my speakers.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:I'd say Spin is my least favorite piece in the collection. Its late at night, I'm all prepped for an emotional experience, start the game, and this techno crap blares out of my speakers.
My headset was on high the first time I played.
Spin gave me a headache because it is LOUD.
My favorites are Parity/Ah Eh I Oh You. Dem jazzy tunes man. Groovy
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
Spin gave me a headache because it is LOUD.
My favorites are Parity/Ah Eh I Oh You. Dem jazzy tunes man. Groovy
Don't forget Red Velvet. Now there's a smooth tune to kick back and chill to.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:It really is a first-rate musical score. I'd go so far as to say its the equal of many AAA titles. Certainly more emotional than anything else that comes to mind.
This. Definitely. Thinking back I can honestly not recall many recent AAA titles that have had a soundtrack half as good as KS. It's hard to find any song that doesn't draw some sort of emotion. I absolutely LOVE Painful History and Innocence, but there's really just so many awesome songs to pick just one or two favorites.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote: Don't forget Red Velvet. Now there's a smooth tune to kick back and chill to.
True that.
I just realized the soundtrack for Katawa Shoujo is so far from what I normally listen to it's ridiculous :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.