Lily's good ending

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Selim Bradley

Re: Lily's good ending

Post by Selim Bradley »

Carighan wrote:Aren't we supposed to discuss the ending where Hisao dies and envisions this fairytale-after-all-ending in his last moments?
What, is that the Lilly Beta-Ending, judging by how depressing the others were?
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Selim Bradley wrote:
Carighan wrote:Aren't we supposed to discuss the ending where Hisao dies and envisions this fairytale-after-all-ending in his last moments?
Wouldn't surprise me. The other beta endings were sadistic like that.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

There never was an ending like that actually, beta or otherwise. The fan-theory that Hisao died and that last two scenes of the route were in his imagination was made by one of the members here, but there's nothing in-game nor word from the devs that supported it.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:
Nope. It's a fan theory regularly vomited out by one of the members here because 'OMG LILLY IS CLICHE'. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Nope. It's a fan theory regularly vomited out by one of the members here because 'OMG LILLY IS CLICHE'. :P
Oh, ok.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Yeah it's just a fan-theory. Interesting on some level, highly unlikely to be intentionally written that way.
Plus Lilly's good ending is feelsy enough. Plenty. :)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Whoah-san

Post by Whoah-san »

Hello, I'm new here, haha. I dont know what you mean about beta endings or whatever. But yeah, I just finished my playthrough of Katawa Shoujo. I'm not a person that's really into anime's or mangas. Well, I watch Naruto, but that's it. I wasn't searching for anything Japanese in particular before finding this game. Rather, i was searching for a game where you could pick out your dialogues, where what you said really changed the outcome. And boy I did get what I wanted, but later about that. So yeah, I consulted my friend about what he could offer to me, because I have played most games with that kind of dialogues already. And he suggested Katawa Shoujo. I was bored beyond my picky-ness, and just downloaded the game without even looking into it more.

As I started the game, I immediately noticed Hanako. She was cute, and I felt bad for her, because she's shy. In real life, i just cant stand people being shy, when they shouldnt. And I try to encourage them. My instincts immediately turned on when I noticed Hanako, and wanted to do the same. But then I met Lilly.. I didn't really know what kind of person she was, or Hanako. Or anyone else there in that matter. But the first sight of Lilly kind of caught me. She was so laid back sitting in that chair. So confident in herself. The tea-room setting really hit the spot. And I immediately knew that if not Hanako, she will be my focus in this game. I had my doubts though after that, having a few more encounters with Hanako. But then the walk to the city.. before the festival. I met Lilly again. And I'll let you guys know, that I really really love taking a walk at dusk, when the sun is setting, or when it's dark. I tend to often do that. And when i think about it, that's how I imagine a perfect date. So that setting caught me. I spent a few minutes, doing nothing but thinking. Reaching the conclusion "screw it, I'll go for Lilly, there's always room for another replay If I dont like it". And I did. I honestly didn't know what was coming. And I felt like a fool when I finally understood thatI hit the jackpot choosing Lilly. I dont know how the other characters are really, but Alas, Lilly was THE woman I unconciously always wished for. She was so caring and I dont blame Hisao at all for depending on her so much, I would too. You can surely feel warmth when near her. And her looks.. Well that's another matter entirely. I wish she could see herself in the mirror and just realise the sheer grand-ness of her beuty. In every warm scene, the warmth reached me, even though I'm a rather cold and extremely blunt person. I didn't feel as a stranger to Hisao's feelings when he held something back. And I honestly felt every emotion that he felt. And cared for Lilly as much as he did, even more at times. The scene in the wheat field was the culmination. I can honestly say that it took every grain of my willpower to keep the tears in my watery eyes. i felt so happy. And I couldnt stop giggling silently as I was happy for them, following the floor and bath scenes. Every time when Hisao had his heart shocks near Lilly, I felt so worried that it would cause her to hold back in some ways, seeing that. Honestly, I didn't want her to worry too much about it no less than Hisao. Their dates were heartwarming, especially the one in the expensive restaurant. She was absolutely STUNNING there. And I loved the conversation they had. Every touch.. every time she touched Hisao's face with her palm really touched me in some kind of way. I had some thoughts, how I'd feel in Hisao's place in one of those face touching scenes. And.. it kind of hit my heart with the force of a speeding truck. I would probably feel kind of naked, like I couldn;t hide anything from her. Like she would be touching my soul there. That thought made me shiver a little. it was one of those rare pleasing shivers. That make you feel warmth instead of cold.

And finally.. the last date.. the time when Lilly confessed that she will be going to Scotland and leaving Hisao. I just closed my eyes and imagined myself in Hisao's place. I would probably just drop my head down. My body going limp. Slowly losing the warmth of it and any feeling of warmth at all. losing the firmness of my body. Feeling that there's nothing inside it, other than the thin shell of skin outside. A deep vortex going deeper and deeper in my chest. And my essence, my soul drowning into it, into nothingness. Losing one sense after the other, suddenly not hearing or smelling anything, just seeing. Staring into the tea cup. Seeing nothing. Finally realising that I can't even feel my heart beating anymore. I really wouldn't have it in me, to tell Lilly that it's alright, because it isn;t. I probably wouldn't say anything at all from that point. Just keeping her company walking her up the hill, to Yamaku. Stil feeling the same nothingness along the way.

Anyway, skipping forward abit. Same as Hisao, I would have NEVER given up on her. Because the new life that hisao, or I in his place found. It would mean NOTHING without her. Because she is the foundation of it. Everything without her would collapse. In Hisao's shoes I would collapse. You couldn;t possibly imagine the rock coming off my chest after I red the scene where Hisao decided to go after Lilly. I was so happy. Thinking just "hurry you fool, I will NEVER forgive you if you wont make it.". The tension got even more after Shortie told Hisao that lilly has already left for the airport. Same as Hisao, I wouldn't care about my health at that point, and same as him I would bolt as fast as i can to the airport, chasing Lilly. For me, like Hisao, it would be beyong the point of my health. Damn, if I wouldn't make it, well then I just wouldn;t matter if I live or die at that point. A huge amount of happiness filled me when I saw Lilly. And even more that hisao gathered the strenght to shout out at her. But then his heart gave in.. I was hoping.. that by chance, Lilly would run up to Hisao, and take his hand. Just to confirm that she heard him. I really wanted it to happen so much.. But It didnt.. After that i took a short pause.. Sighing. I really felt a hole in my heart then. Hisao did his best, all the could at that point.. And it wasn;t enough. I couldn;t believe it.. I somehow hoped that Lilly would be beside his bed when he woke up. But she wasn't.. My thoughts turned even more grim. I couldn;t believe it. The hole in my heart started to widen. I just didn;t want to read the doctor's words. in Hisao's shoes I wouldn't care for them at that point. Damn.. I couldn;t believe it. Again, I could hardly hold myself together. Thinking in my head "no.no.no.no!" It couldn;t happen like that! But I moved forward.. at that point I didn;t see what the game had to offer me more then. But then I saw the box, a slim, just a slim hope emerged. overshadowed by the thought that maybe she just visited Hisao.. and left it behind. it would be even more heart shattering. i just couldn;t go forward, but I did. Nothing can beat my curiosity I guess.. And then I saw Lilly.. And everything after that just came out natural. i red the final dialogues with water dripping from my eyes.. Damn.. I just thought "I wish nobody sees me, as much as a nut-shell i may be.. this is just too much.. " Damn.. I just couldn;t stop swearing in my mind, angry at myself for the water coming from my eyes, and just sitting there with sheer happiness in my face. I couldn;t believe it ended.. I mean it's a game.. it was supposed to. But it just threw me back at my world. So different.. Europe.. it's so different. Especially eastern Europe.. Just made my realise, that I would do anything to live in Japan. And from then I CANNOT get this game out of my heart and my thoughts. it's dug so deep in it. Even if I wanted to, i couldn't pull it out. it made my realise. That it was such an emotional experience.. much more than I have in real life. Because I'm such a nut-shell. My heart is a solid rock, I had the impression for long. But after this game.. i can;t say it became something else. But now I know what cracks it open... The true feelings of people so pure..
Lilly... She will be forever in my heart.
Last edited by Whoah-san on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

^ ...Paragraphs. Spacing. These are things you should learn if you want anyone to read anything you ever post.

"I would do anything to live in Japan" - Why would you do that? Living in an entirely different culture isn't as easy as just moving to a new apartment. You'd do anything to live in Japan and then what? Suffer culture shock galore and in all likelihood struggle to adapt to the new residence. Living in Japan won't change anything for you. It's not magic. Why do anything for it?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Whoah-san

Post by Whoah-san »

Excuse me :) I did seperate them, Just it seems that the Forum deletes some spaces that I put. I tried to correct it though. Please tell me if there's anything more I should correct :)

Well, It was a little too much maybe. But you see, I'm one of those people that adapt quickly. I dont feel any emotional ties to the country or the home I live in. I could live anywhere actually. And of course, It would take time to adapt to any culture, but I'm not totally "green" at Japanese culture. Anyway, it's not like i haven't lived abroad before :) Nonetheless, the easiest way to learn about a culture and adapt would be firsthand experiencing it :) I find Japanese people very intresting. They take everything with an emotional shock with it, totally different from us Europeans. We say and then think about it, most of the time atleast. They do it the other way, am i right? :)

Anyway, I could take that :)

But ANYWAY: Let's not expand the topic on me as a person, rather, please comment on my inrterpretation of the Lilly's path. :)
neio

Post by neio »

Whoah-san wrote:Excuse me :) I did seperate them, Just it seems that the Forum deletes some spaces that I put. I tried to correct it though. Please tell me if there's anything more I should correct :)

Well, It was a little too much maybe. But you see, I'm one of those people that adapt quickly. I dont feel any emotional ties to the country or the home I live in. I could live anywhere actually. And of course, It would take time to adapt to any culture, but I'm not totally "green" at Japanese culture. Anyway, it's not like i haven't lived abroad before :) Nonetheless, the easiest way to learn about a culture and adapt would be firsthand experiencing it :) I find Japanese people very intresting. They take everything with an emotional shock with it, totally different from us Europeans. We say and then think about it, most of the time atleast. They do it the other way, am i right? :)

Anyway, I could take that :)

But ANYWAY: Let's not expand the topic on me as a person, rather, please comment on my inrterpretation of the Lilly's path. :)
All I hear is " :) :) :) "
(Lay back on the smilies a bit)
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Dudes, why are we being such jerks? The dude is a new user, lets chill.

Anyways, Xanatos is right, its hard to read that wall of text with the current format.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to the board Whoah-san. Xan's probably right, a few line-breaks in your post couldn't hurt. But otherwise, don't let him get to you. He tends to overdo the sarcasm. Hell I've been here awhile and some of his replies still bother me.

Not gonna comment about the Japan thing, other than to suggest a visit there first might be in order.

Anyway, to your comments.

The beta was an earlier pre-release version of the game that was a LOT different from the current one. A pretty depressing mess from what I've heard, involving girls killing themselves.

As for your post, yep, you've experienced the same thing that all of us do with these character. We love them all, but theres always one who resonates even more with us. I do hope you'll be trying the other routes though.

Apart from the spacing issues, it really is a lovely post.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Whoah-san wrote:Let's not expand the topic on me as a person, rather, please comment on my inrterpretation of the Lilly's path. :)
Sounds like you reacted about the same way as everybody, albeit with a bit more tendency to sound like a goth at a poetry reading. (" A deep vortex going deeper and deeper in my chest. And my essence, my soul drowning into it, into nothingness." - C'mon, bro. Nobody likes a downer. :P) :lol:

"I don't blame Hisao at all for depending on her so much, I would too." - Now, that's a mistake. Hisao's excessive dependence is exactly why she almost left in the first place. He just let her handle everything, including the decision to leave. If you can't find blame in him, you played it wrong. :P

Good luck with the rest of the game. Avoid flowcharts, they're the devil. Don't avoid bad (or neutral, since Hanako and Rin have three) endings, they add to the experience. Beware the manly picnic. Lastly, don't forget to give Hanako the chocolate. (And welcome to the forums. :twisted:)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

After read that post, I'm very curious as to what your reaction to the other routes would be.

It really seems like you'd enjoy Hanako's as well.
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xan, you love that "Gimme the chocolate!" cartoon way too much. :shock:

Oddball wrote:After read that post, I'm very curious as to what your reaction to the other routes would be.

It really seems like you'd enjoy Hanako's as well.
^ This. It really is amazing how closely linked Hanako and Lilly's scenes are.