Lily's good ending

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Lily's good ending

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Friend if Hisao will let up on his therapy and make more friends. May be wrong here, but does Hisao still go on runs in other routes other than Emi's?
So passing acquaintance then. Someone you toss a few words at once in a while but never hang out with or learn anything about is not a friend, however much 'conversation fodder' they provide. :P

And no, he doesn't.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Friend if Hisao will let up on his therapy and make more friends. May be wrong here, but does Hisao still go on runs in other routes other than Emi's?
So passing acquaintance then. Someone you toss a few words at once in a while but never hang out with or learn anything about is not a friend, however much 'conversation fodder' they provide. :P

And no, he doesn't.
Another reason why I don't quite like Hisao. Once he gets hooked up, he forgets that the world exists. Or that he needs his runs.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

And no, he doesn't.
Another reason why I don't quite like Hisao. Once he gets hooked up, he forgets that the world exists. Or that he needs his runs.
So... what? He should make good friends with every single person he talks to? Some people prefer just having a few really good friends.

He doesn't need his runs. They're good for him, but as long as he gets some kind of exercise, he should be fine.

I believe it was in Rin's route that he told the Nurse he's started taking long walks and Nurse said that should be fine.

I'm not saying he takes good care of himself in Lilly's route, mind you.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Oddball wrote: So... what? He should make good friends with every single person he talks to? Some people prefer just having a few really good friends.

He doesn't need his runs. They're good for him, but as long as he gets some kind of exercise, he should be fine.

I believe it was in Rin's route that he told the Nurse he's started taking long walks and Nurse said that should be fine.

I dont think a few = 1, which is what happens in some routes. I too don't mind a few good friends, but he's young. Get to know more people, then choose.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

And no, he doesn't.
Makes sense...I guess. I can't really blame the character for the writers being sensible. If he'd gone off making friends with everyone or running track every day, the story would have been wrecked. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Makes sense...I guess. I can't really blame the character for the writers being sensible. If he'd gone off making friends with everyone or running track every day, the story would have been wrecked. :lol:
That makes sense. I guess the writers didn't want to step on each others toes by writing outside of their assigned girl.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
That makes sense. I guess the wroters didn't want to step on each others toes by writing outside of their assigned girl.
Well, that and it'd just be pointless filler that progressed exactly nothing.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
That makes sense. I guess the wroters didn't want to step on each others toes by writing outside of their assigned girl.
Well, that and it'd just be pointless filler that progressed exactly nothing.
Gameplay-wise, had to agree. Leaves us to create our own stories on how to fit everything in.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

YZQ wrote:
Oddball wrote: So... what? He should make good friends with every single person he talks to? Some people prefer just having a few really good friends.

I dont think a few = 1, which is what happens in some routes. I too don't mind a few good friends, but he's young. Get to know more people, then choose.
There's always Kenji.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Oddball wrote: There's always Kenji.
Think Hisao already rejected Kenji by the time Act 1 was done.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Oddball wrote: There's always Kenji.
Think Hisao already rejected Kenji by the time Act 1 was done.
Nah, he still gives Kenji the time of day in the routes themselves. :lol: Just not as much.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Before transferring to Yamaku, Hisao had three good friends. Afterwards, he'll have either two or four (he considers Shizune and Misha friends in pretty much every route and interacts with them daily, seeing that he's sitting next to them in class) plus Kenji. It's also stated he's on good terms with most of his classmates. So he's not really that isolated. At least not to the degree Hanako and Rin seem to be. He's just not a socialite.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
yassodude

Post by yassodude »

pandaphil wrote:I wonder if maybe we need some sort of sticky "First time feels" topic where new members can come to pour out their hearts.

Cut the guy some slack. I'm sure each one of us was a bit rambley our first few days here.
LISTEN TO THIS MAN (or woman I don't judge)! Cut the dude some slack. When I played KS at first I though about telling my friends to get it off my chest, but somehow it didn't seem like a good idea.

"Hey dude, i'm in love with this chick ... but she's not exactly real"
neio

Post by neio »

yassodude wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I wonder if maybe we need some sort of sticky "First time feels" topic where new members can come to pour out their hearts.

Cut the guy some slack. I'm sure each one of us was a bit rambley our first few days here.
LISTEN TO THIS MAN (or woman I don't judge)! Cut the dude some slack. When I played KS at first I though about telling my friends to get it off my chest, but somehow it didn't seem like a good idea.

"Hey dude, i'm in love with this chick ... but she's not exactly real"
Good luck pitching "a NSFW choose-your-own-adventure visual novel made by 4chan about having sex with disabled girls... that I cried during"

I was only able to share Katawa Shoujo with a guy I've known for 10+ years, and I had to use a bit of tact, as Hisao would say.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Aren't we supposed to discuss the ending where Hisao dies and envisions this fairytale-after-all-ending in his last moments?
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.