Lily's good ending

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: Lily's good ending

Post by YZQ »

Tomate wrote:
YZQ wrote:Ultimately, Hisao didn't change Shizune's biggest flaw: Her pride and by extension, her habit of seeing everything as a competition. If even her boyfriend can't change that, I can safely say that it is all up to her to change her bad habits.
But that's it i have yet to find other things i like about her, so any Shizune fanboys can come correct me because i would like to like her but just can't seem to :s.
Why would Hisao change her? Better yet, why would she change herself? Shizune pride and competitiveness are part of her, its not just a small quirk, its major part of her. Lilly did not stop being well educated and classy, Rim did not start to make sense.

Hisao has to learn to live with her the way she is, of course, a relationship can and will change people, but generally its just the small things not the core. Have you been watching Grease?

Shizunes reaction to Hisao is very different from the other girls, it seems like everyone has lots of troubles and they are just waiting for Hisao to come along and fix then, all girls are like puzzles, bit by bit Hisao unravels then a by the ending everything is fine. Thats ok, its a romantic plot.

But Shizune does not use this formula, she has problems, everyone does, but she wont burden Hisao with her problems, she does not offer a puzzle of sorts to Hisao to unravel, she pretty much shows a map or a picture and says "This is me". Misha is the one with the puzzle parts, but Hisao wont notice it until the last act. This can be awkward for a romantic plot, but i really dig this. It feels more real.
Shizune's pride is seriously in her way. She recognises it later in her route (where she knows that she's pushing people around her away), but she doesn't quite know how to address it. Also, I don't know anything about Grease except that John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are in it.

Maybe, I should say that Hisao could influence her to change. Ultimately, it's her call.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:

And also, Grease is awful. :lol:
You have no taste. :P
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

And also, Grease is awful. :lol:
You have no taste. :P
Pft. Grease doesn't taste good!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

I just finished Lilly's ending today and I have to say im a bit suprised by it. I mean like the previous posts said I agree that it was a bit cheesy, but it was so amazing. Since at the time I was content with th ending of Hisao going to sleep as it ended but I didn't imagine him chasing after her. I was somewhat questioning why did he do it, other than the reason that he was in love. Also, I found it ironic that he ended up back in the hospital as if he failed until Lilly popped up. The entire path was like watching a romantic movie your GF dragged you to just to find out that it was actually worth watching. Speaking of which, I honestly think hers and Rin's paths could be made into a movie. Dunno' about Shizune's since I haven't done her path yet, but after doing Lilly's im actually looking forward to hers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Phenom wrote:I just finished Lilly's ending today and I have to say im a bit suprised by it. I mean like the previous posts said I agree that it was a bit cheesy, but it was so amazing. Since at the time I was content with th ending of Hisao going to sleep as it ended but I didn't imagine him chasing after her. I was somewhat questioning why did he do it, other than the reason that he was in love. Also, I found it ironic that he ended up back in the hospital as if he failed until Lilly popped up. The entire path was like watching a romantic movie your GF dragged you to just to find out that it was actually worth watching. Speaking of which, I honestly think hers and Rin's paths could be made into a movie. Dunno' about Shizune's since I haven't done her path yet, but after doing Lilly's im actually looking forward to hers.
...A movie? I dunno... :lol: Sounds like a terrible idea. Sure, Lilly's path has some romance cliches but...Nothing in KS is really a suitable movie subject. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
KanKan

Post by KanKan »

I just finished Rin's path a couple minutes ago, I loved it.

Also, that bit at the end - "Coming to terms with oneself, accepting yourself, being fine with what you are. A simple resolution of heart that for some people is overbearingly hard to do, if not impossible."

Little katawa lesson :mrgreen:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KanKan wrote:I just finished Rin's path a couple minutes ago, I loved it.

Also, that bit at the end - "Coming to terms with oneself, accepting yourself, being fine with what you are. A simple resolution of heart that for some people is overbearingly hard to do, if not impossible."

...Little cripple lesson? >.>;
KanKan

Post by KanKan »

Xanatos wrote:

Makes perfect sense :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:

He meant "a little lesson from the game that is Katawa Shoujo". (I know I'm overly serious; humour me a little.)

For RIn, I don't think she has the problem of not being fine with who she is. Her problem is getting people on board her train of thought. It's something which she would like to see, but she's not getting it.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Xanatos wrote: Grease is awful. :lol:
Dude, why do you say such things? You are breaking my heart, Fredo.

Grease is the silliest musical with the catchiest song ever made, also has a dubious moral lesson: "You can find love, if you change your personality (and wear leather)"
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Tomate wrote:You are breaking my heart, Fredo.
I love that movie. :lol: I hope Hisao and Lilly don't end up like that after they're married and Hisao becomes the owner of Satou Inc. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Grease is awful. :lol:
Dude, why do you say such things? You are breaking my heart, Fredo.

Grease is the silliest musical with the catchiest song ever made, also has a dubious moral lesson: "You can find love, if you change your personality (and wear leather)"
I prefer the original 80s run of He-Man for my morals, thanks. Such gems as "Be careful while walking or you'll trip." and "History was a thing that happened." :P
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

OtakuNinja wrote:
I love that movie. :lol: I hope Hisao and Lilly don't end up like that after they're married and Hisao becomes the owner of Satou Inc. :lol:
So Lilly is a mafia princess? Everything makes sense now! The reason that she wont talk about her parents is not because they are boring its The Code of Omerta. Akira actually is a guy, he is in hiding in Japan after he killed a made man. Lilly is there to help.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Tomate wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
So Lilly is a mafia princess? Everything makes sense now! The reason that she wont talk about her parents is not because they are boring its The Code of Omerta. Akira actually is a guy, he is in hiding in Japan after he killed a made man. Lilly is there to help.
Didn't Kenji tell you that after you first met her? Akira is hiding in the Hakamichi family's territory because she shot a police officer when she was supervising the Satou's branch in Scotland. Jigoro is enraged because Akira's bodyguard killed his wife with a car bomb. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well, its my turn now. Having finished Rin, its time to try Lilly's route. I'm just coming up on the end or Part 1, and y'know, after Hanako and Rin, its kind of a relief to be with a girl who's not lugging around tons of emotional baggage (I'm sure I'll be eating those word before I'm done).

And you know, being a freshly minted Hanabro,I loved seeing her out and about with us and enjoying herself at the festival.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.