How are you spreading the word?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: How are you spreading the word?

Post by pandaphil »

gRaViJa wrote:I helped starting the Katawa Shoujo craze over at Funnyjunk, during the last weeks over 50% of the frontpage posts are about KS and dozens of new fans pop up everyday there.
Could I have a link? I've been searching out KS discussions around the internet.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

I got a friend from WoW to play it, who was mocking me for it at first (and subsequently crying :P ).
My GF is resisting it so far, after seeing how emotional I got over it...

Yet, I am making colleagues curious with a set of wallpapers I made for myself, and which I have set to cycle on the work laptop. They remember the name, so I guess sooner or later one will look at it. :)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
bahamit_147

Post by bahamit_147 »

Had I not been out working the last 10 days on nights I would have recommended it to a few people, however now only 5 days left of my set so I'll be able to start getting it out there.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:One friend i don't really talk with anymore decided to try it out after i talked about it with her a bit. I think she played it up to 100%, it seems her favorite route was Shizune's and Hanako disgusted her at the ending of her route (because of her actions in the sex scene), it seems she enjoyed the story.
So consenting to sex is disgusting now? :lol:

I can't say I'm spreading it to friends because I really don't believe I have any...And the people I occasionally talk to online generally know it already. Dunno their opinions on it...
Friend wrote:You should have sex with someone you like because you want to, not because you feel to have to or to manipulate someone
Or something like that, i don't remember how she phrased it very well.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
swifty

Post by swifty »

i tell my friends its the worst thing ever FORSING them to google it :D dint work they say "... how could you sent us to a hentai game?" then act suprised when i get angry *inser forever alone face*
or do i love
well there both in KATAWA SHOUJO THE BEST GAME AVAAAR!!!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:You should have sex with someone you like because you want to, not because you feel to have to or to manipulate someone.
Does her flawed reasoning for wanting to somehow mean she didn't want to?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
skyzefawlun

Post by skyzefawlun »

+2 new fans because of me so far in the week since I found out about KS. I'm working on another, but he's a bit jaded and will take more convincing. I don't usually spend too much time on various forums out there, so I tend to just stick to straight up word of mouth between friends to posting online in gaming communities.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Two of my Second Life friends won't stop talking about it, so I think I got'em. I should try to get them to come here to the board.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Antarus

Post by Antarus »

I've been spreading the word simply by casually mentioning the game on my forum of choice as well as in real life.
Not sure if I'll stay active here. It's worth a try though, right?
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

Got a friend to play it. (Not that many of my friends would be interested in it as most aren't interested in story driven games, not to mention a visual novel. Also they seem to dislike anime. Hmph, pleb...)

Needless to say he liked it and is now on his second arc.

One of us One of us
One of us One of us
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Got another lady friend on Second Life who was reluctant about the whole thing to start playing it tonight. Whoot!
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

I'm spreading the word by making them play Katawa Crash :lol: that way they would be curious of the original game.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fiandra wrote:I'm spreading the word by making them play Katawa Crash :lol: that way they would be curious of the original game.
:lol: But they'll be too addicted to KC to play KS...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Xanatos wrote:
Fiandra wrote:I'm spreading the word by making them play Katawa Crash :lol: that way they would be curious of the original game.
I got 2 friends that played KS after I made them play KC. At first they were like "Visual Novels ? Wut is dat" After playing it they can't stop talking about dem feels :lol:
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Fiandra wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I got 2 friends that played KS after I made them play KC. At first they were like "Visual Novels ? Wut is dat" After playing it they can't stop talking about dem feels :lol:
KS gets you thinking hard about where you stand on your emotions. Heck, I've revealed stuff on this forum that I would never tell unknown strangers face-to-face.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."