Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by brythain »

Downix wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 am
Mirage_GSM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 am
Downix wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 am
Don't worry, that's not because of you. It's just because Monopoly is a shitty game :-)
Them's fighting words!!
I think all your quotes are in the wrong order.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
RaginFro

Post by RaginFro »

If they were likely to be as interested in me as they were with Hisao I would not have had as many issues as Hisao did with misunderstandings and being blind curtain situations.

That aside I would have most likely be interested in either Hanako or Lilly romantically. The rest I would be attracted to but we would not share enough interests for me to see them as anything more than friendly acquaintances.

Being Hanako and Lilly's friend would have been cake for me but romance would have been much more difficult for me as I was a coward. The second things became more than friendly I am sure I would have became quiet. If I had the time to fight past that I am sure I would have done much better than Hisao in many of the situations.

I think I would have told Hanako I was interested in her before her birthday (who knows if that would have helped or not). With Lilly I am sure I would have asked her to stay way before Hisao did because I think I am more selfish than him.

I was not great approching girls in HS but with a smaller school and more opportunity to befriend these girls anything could have happened.
b12c2018

Post by b12c2018 »

YutoTheOrc wrote: Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 pm
As for the thread topic:
1) I'd want to get with Emi, but I'd never have the balls to stay out of her affairs and not judge her
2) Get along swimmingly with Hanako, but stick her in the friend zone
3) Hopefully get together with Lilly and she would hopefully smarten my former self up before I did in Uni
4) Have a decent friendship/rivalry with Shizune, especially when it come to board games
5)Avoid Rin and get annoyed by her
6)Almost certainly be best friends with Misha :lol:
Let me contribute a little:
1) Emi: Not boasting myself or anything, but since the scene "Detached", when they started to have problems, I had been yelling at the game, "Please, idiot, say 'I love you' to Emi. It's the only way to solve the problem!" All the way until "Saving Throw", when I found that the idiot finally spoke the three words that broke through Emi. But, yeah, I don't like stubborn girls, so I would still have to be careful not to bump into her walls.
2) Hanako: Same, friend zone. She is too fragile for me to touch.
3) Lilly: I made all the correct choices, and I would have chased her to the airport too.
4) Shizune: Definitely refuse to cheat against her. I would have taken more initiative though, given that she is the only one that Hisao formally confessed to her first. I would have chased her more. Maybe because she is my favorite girl. I am pretty confident that if I were Hisao, I would have gone more aggressively and would surely bring her back home.
5) Rin: Cannot communicate with her.
6) Misha: Same, but definitely no cheating. Cheating hurts.
Tkiss

"I lost so much when I came to Yamaku. I was... depending on you, more than I ever thought I did... After losing my entire life, and everyone I'd known, the thought of losing you, as well... I love you, Hanako. I love you so much, that the thought of losing you frightened me so much..." -- Scene Adulthood

=> Decided to love my wife every day
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I may have mentioned this before but my girlfriend of 5 years (going on 6) has 22q deletion syndrome. It's a genetic disorder with the most obvious effects being a cleft palate, distinctive facial features (such as a small mouth), learning disabilities, chronic exhaustion, and in her case, lots of breathing problems. I was only around for one of her surgeries but I know how relieved she was to be done with them for a while.

We broke up last week since we had become something closer to good friends rather than boyfriend and girlfriend. Sometimes it was difficult communicating with her, as if we spoke two different languages. She isn't stupid by any means but she does process information a lot differently. There were various other physical differences which I'm not sure whether or not they were related to 22q. Anxiety was a huge issue as well, one which we never really worked out unfortunately.

So, been there done that. It's been forever since I took a look at KS but the theme of pandering to someone's disability versus accommodating it was a very real thing at some points. Not really sure what else to say apart from that.
Last edited by HarvestmanMan on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

HarvestmanMan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:39 am I may have mentioned this before but my girlfriend of 5 years (going on 6) has Q22 deletion syndrome. It's a genetic disorder with the most obvious effects being a cleft palate, distinctive facial features (such as a small mouth), learning disabilities, chronic exhaustion, and in her case, lots of breathing problems. I was only around for one of her surgeries but I know how relieved she was to be done with them for a while.

We broke up last week since we had become something closer to good friends rather than boyfriend and girlfriend. Sometimes it was difficult communicating with her, as if we spoke two different languages. She isn't stupid by any means but she does process information a lot differently. There were various other physical differences which I'm not sure whether or not they were related to Q22. Anxiety was a huge issue as well, one which we never really worked out unfortunately.

So, been there done that. It's been forever since I took a look at KS but the theme of pandering to someone's disability versus accommodating it was a very real thing at some points. Not really sure what else to say apart from that.
I'm sorry to hear that. You seem to be taking things fairly well so that's something I guess. I hope you can get through this and find someone special to share life with soon again.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

OtakuNinja wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:36 pm
HarvestmanMan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:39 am I may have mentioned this before but my girlfriend of 5 years (going on 6) has Q22 deletion syndrome. It's a genetic disorder with the most obvious effects being a cleft palate, distinctive facial features (such as a small mouth), learning disabilities, chronic exhaustion, and in her case, lots of breathing problems. I was only around for one of her surgeries but I know how relieved she was to be done with them for a while.

We broke up last week since we had become something closer to good friends rather than boyfriend and girlfriend. Sometimes it was difficult communicating with her, as if we spoke two different languages. She isn't stupid by any means but she does process information a lot differently. There were various other physical differences which I'm not sure whether or not they were related to Q22. Anxiety was a huge issue as well, one which we never really worked out unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear that. You seem to be taking things fairly well so that's something I guess. I hope you can get through this and find someone special to share life with soon again.
Thanks. It helps that we were able to part on good terms. I guess this is the "neutral" ending for her route, ha ha.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
cerebralpolicy

Post by cerebralpolicy »

This is a really haunting topic, it's taken a while to post in here. I genuinely have no idea, but such a school would have been a godsend for my own self-esteem. In grade eight I had my first breakdown, severe sleeping issues. I ended up in a psych ward with crippling anxiety. It took me until Grade 11 to get back into school, but I never had much dating success. Had a breakdown again in Grade 12 due to a falling out with my a close friend, absolute mess. It would have been different in a school full of people like myself... I can't say I would end up with anyone, at least not necessarily the five routes given to Hisao. Honestly the Newspaper Club seems like what I would have gravitated to. I would be too caught up in feeling somewhere I belonged for the first month.