Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Could you?...In real life?

Post by pandaphil »

I hope this hasn't been covered before, but one nagging question that's been going through my mind since I started the game was, if I were in Hisao's shoes in a real life situation like this, would I have the good sense to make the decision's he did, or would I screw it up? Going all white knight and not knowing when to back off, or when to be supportive and end up blowing it? I honestly don't know and its been bothering me a lot.

Anyone else?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by Guest Poster »

What decision exactly?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

At Hisao's age, I'd have gotten a bad ending for sure, probably on Hanako's route. I was a total white knight to degrees usually reserved for high-school comedies, with a habit of screwing it up to degrees usually reserved for high-school dramas.

Nowadays, I'd like to think I've gotten a little wiser -enough to at least stand a chance- though the route I'd take has changed.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I wouldn't even get the roof ending, I wouldn't get close enough to Kenji.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'd probably be either in the student council or with Lilly, depending on if I met her the same way Hisao did. Not sure if there would be any romance, though. Maybe if it was with Lilly. However, I'd stay sober.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

I'd have gotten a bad ending. I would probably get on Emi's route. I'd try to keep up with Emi's pace and then end up getting a heart flutter. I tend to make decisions quickly and that's usually a bad one.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
yippeekiyay

Post by yippeekiyay »

I wish I could say that I would end up with one of these girls in real life, but most likely I would probably just have hung out with some of the guys, and not getting that close with any of the girls. In my experience when in school, guys tend to hang out with guys and girls with other girls, at least a guy spending all his time with only female friends is rare.

If I should say who I most likely would befriend it would probably be Misha since she seems most approachable, and could be fun to be around. Any romance with her would be unlikely, for obvious reasons.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I would've gotten Emi's bad route, at the part where you can either talk to her mother, or go after her.

I can be stupidly persistent at times.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

ShadeHaven wrote:I would've gotten Emi's bad route, at the part where you can either talk to her mother, or go after her.

I can be stupidly persistent at times.
Even if you go after her, Misha can help you save yourself.... and Mutou (although that is earlier in the route) as well
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I would get a good end with Emi and Hanako. Shizune and Lilly too. Rin...Eh, who knows. I'd probably screw her up.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Xanatos wrote:I would get a good end with Emi and Hanako. Shizune and Lilly too. Rin...Eh, who knows. I'd probably screw her up.
Everybody would screw Rin's path up. Her path is just something that would never end well in real life.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Torric
Location: Inside a potato inside an oven inside Newton inside Iowa inside the US

Post by Torric »

I wouldn't have gotten any ending. If I were Hisao, I'd have stood right at the front gate of Yamaku and gone all "Screw this noise!", found a bus, and went home.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Torric wrote:I wouldn't have gotten any ending. If I were Hisao, I'd have stood right at the front gate of Yamaku and gone all "Screw this noise!", found a bus, and went home.
So, the worst ending?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

i'd end up friendzones by all the girls.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

I think I can safely say that I would handle Rin better than Hisao did; I don't think I would have gotten anywhere near as frustrated or outright mean with her. Hisao's treatment of Hanako was good enough that I can't say I would have done things any better, and he was pretty much perfect with Shizune (minus the whole cheating on her thing); Hisao's track record with Lilly was similarly spotless, though I wouldn't have gotten the Good Ending in real life because there's no way I'd have hunted her down to the airport or try and stop her from returning home to Scotland.

Emi... well, I can't say that I would handle things better than Hisao because his style of brute forcing his way into Emi's heart worked pretty well, but I would have done things differently. I wouldn't have tried to pry so much, both because Emi seems a happy enough person overall despite her issues, and because I wouldn't consider myself all that privileged to her deepest feelings and secrets after just a few months of knowing her. I would just let the issue lie at first and observe to see if she slowly gets better, and hope that she would tell me about everything in due time; I would intervene a bit later down the road than Hisao did, once I determined it was necessary and once I really deserved to know (that is to say that we'd been together long enough that it would be considered wrong and just stringing me along not to take the relationship more seriously). Emi's route was interesting to me because I had a complicated relationship with a girl when I was not much older than Hisao, 19 and 20... we were kind of romantic friends, I guess, we both liked each other and had some moments here and there, but were never actually together because of her intimacy issues. She was much more complicated and hard to deal with Emi, she was Emier than Emi at her Emiest. I got a Bad End with her because my temper started to leak out after a year of being kept in limbo and we started fighting a lot, but I got closer to a Good End than most other guys did, so I'm sure I could handle the comparatively simple Emi.