Could you?...In real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KatawaHaremGod

Re: Could you?...In real life?

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

I didn't really enjoy the bustle and noise of the large public high school I went to. I think I would rather enjoy Yamaku's sedate and friendly atmosphere. Yes, there are issues, with Shizune/Lilly and stuff like that, but I think I would've been much happier in Yamaku than the actual high school I went to. Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends were from my high school, but overall it was too big, too loud, too noisy and I'm quite sensitive to noise and crowds.

From grade 8 to grade 11, for lunch there was a classroom where the teacher was tolerant about us quiet folk coming in. There would always be the daily newspaper there, along with past copies. There would be this other caucasian guy who was just as quiet as I was (if anything he was even shyer than I was) and an Asian girl who's personality was kind of like Hanako (skittish, though no burns). Whoever arrived first would take the newspaper and read it. If the guy came in after me, he would quietly ask me for the comic section and the classifieds, which I gladly gave to him, because my first need was to read SPORTS! :mrgreen: (Funny thing, I'm a bit hikikomori but I'm a huge hockey fan, being Canadian and all. I was precise and analytical about what tactics I wanted my hometown team to use, even though I couldn't skate :mrgreen: )

If I came after him, he would already have quietly left the sports section for me :lol: . It was a good system, a nice, civilized refuge in my crazy school.

In grade 12 I actually made some friends and we sometimes ate together sitting on the floor in the carpeted hallway, but usually I still went for the peace and quiet of the one classroom :lol:

(Note: this was in Canada, so grades, etc will be different elsewhere. This was just my personal experience)

As for disabilities, I was in a special PE class with a lot of kids with down syndrome and others who were deaf, so I was used to being around sign language. I never did learn it, but if I somehow had a relationship with a girl I liked I would definitely have tried it. It was good, and my special PE class was ironically a gentle respite from the hurly burly of the school halls... While my other classmates grunted and went nuts at "regular" PE, we were sedately taking a nice stroll around the track :lol:

But yes I would love to have been at Yamaku, and I don't think the disabilities would have bothered me. I was never the most athletic type myself anyway. I'll drink tea with Lilly and Hanako and run with Emi I guess, but I won't two time anyone...
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

KatawaHaremGod wrote: ate together sitting on the floor in the carpeted hallway
You guys had carpeted floors? Man, my high school floor were like a gross rock/linoleum mix. Then again my school was like sixty years old.
KatawaHaremGod wrote:As for disabilities, I was in a special PE class with a lot of kids with down syndrome and others who were deaf, so I was used to being around sign language.
Would you mind If I asked why you were in that class at all? It's fine if you don't want to tell, I'm just curious about people's stories. In high school I was like a jocky metalhead who got great grades, but was always kind of a prick to people I didn't care for(Possibly even a bully at times I fear to say).
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

You guys had carpeted floors? Man, my high school floor were like a gross rock/linoleum mix. Then again my school was like sixty years old.

Would you mind If I asked why you were in that class at all? It's fine if you don't want to tell, I'm just curious about people's stories. In high school I was like a jocky metalhead who got great grades, but was always kind of a prick to people I didn't care for(Possibly even a bully at times I fear to say).
1) Our school was much newer than yours, it was around 10 years old when I attended. Yeah, the thing was our school had tvs in the hallways and every room, and we even had "in-house newscasts" of people from the drama club doing random stuff. That part wasn't so bad, the drama club people were actually pretty witty (to my 13 year old mind at the time at least) :lol: Since we're both Canadian, may I ask what part of Canada are you from? I grew up in the Vancouver area, but I won't say exactly which school or where... just... Vancouver :mrgreen: (and yes my favourite hockey team I was referring to was the Canucks... yep... such an otaku about it too :lol: )

2) I was the chubby loner, pretty opposite of you :lol: . well, the reason I attended was I had and have asthma problems, and also due to overzealous floor hockey playing I had (and still have) bum ACLs in both my knees. I could walk, but literally couldn't run (unfortunately that rules out the Emi route IRL for me, but I still want to have her watch me exercise, just because I goddamn need it! :twisted: ). Yeah, the school felt it was better for me to be in the special PE class. I actually enjoyed it, it wasn't stressful at all, I got to know people with Down's Syndrome and deaf people, and we did exercise but it was light and fun, not hard.

That said, I still became such a "hockey otaku" though :lol: I was hardcore, I knew every random 4th liner in the NHL, and probably their junior (or European) teams and hometowns. :lol:
Last edited by KatawaHaremGod on Tue May 24, 2016 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

katawaharemgod wrote:...
Ya I grew up in a suburb of Oshawa in the 'wonderful' golden horseshoe. Very Americanised area with little to no patriotic sentiment, just a lot of bigots and such where I'm from. I was never a big fan of Hockey, I was always more a football(European soccer) kinda guy especially when it came down to the FIFA 2014 championship, happy to say Germany won(Team I bet on)

I was kind of a dick in high school, but I stuck up for what I thought was right even if it interfered with my ethos of staying the hell out of teenage girl drama. Which arguably may have made me more of a Lilly person especially considering Shizune ganged up on her. But for the sake of keeping the forum still about the thread topic I'l leave it at that and if you want to talk about life and such feel free to PM me.

As for the thread topic:
1) I'd want to get with Emi, but I'd never have the balls to stay out of her affairs and not judge her
2) Get along swimmingly with Hanako, but stick her in the friend zone
3) Hopefully get together with Lilly and she would hopefully smarten my former self up before I did in Uni
4) Have a decent friendship/rivalry with Shizune, especially when it come to board games
5)Avoid Rin and get annoyed by her
6)Almost certainly be best friends with Misha :lol:
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
katawaharemgod wrote:...
Ya I grew up in a suburb of Oshawa in the 'wonderful' golden horseshoe.

As for the thread topic:
1) I'd want to get with Emi, but I'd never have the balls to stay out of her affairs and not judge her
2) Get along swimmingly with Hanako, but stick her in the friend zone
3) Hopefully get together with Lilly and she would hopefully smarten my former self up before I did in Uni
4) Have a decent friendship/rivalry with Shizune, especially when it come to board games
5)Avoid Rin and get annoyed by her
6)Almost certainly be best friends with Misha :lol:
Oshawa Generals! :mrgreen: (see, I was a true hockey otaku :lol: ) BTW soccer/football's my 2nd favorite sport, Leicester City was amazing this year, and watching Germany rip Brazil apart 7-1 was.... entertaining, though a little bit poignant in a way... :twisted:

Anyway, I agree, back on topic:

My IRL self would be happiest with Lilly, definitely, and while Hanako crying in the park was sob inducing I am also of the opinion that Hanako does better in Lilly's route, with new friends and stuff, so that's good. She can work on a romantic relationship at her own pace, without Hisao pushing her. Lilly's such a dear (and very beautiful sprites by the way).... Man....

As I said, I can't really run IRL at this time, since I'm with Lilly I wouldn't want to backdeal her by going out with Emi (who was my second route and who I really did like). I'll go out in the mornings with Emi, not to run, but to put in a few brisk laps around the track, and hang out with her and the nurse a little and be friends, but I don't want to cheat on Lilly so that should be in a very good friendzone.... (opinion might change when I re-play Emi's route :lol: )

Shizune/Misha: I'll happily get parfaits with Misha (while Emi stares a hole at the back of my head :lol: ), she's so adorbs. While I am used to being around deaf people from my HS days, I don't see how I could get along with Shizune all that much, ESPECIALLY in a romantic setting. I think I'll be annoyed a bit by Shizune but I'll be fine with Misha.

Alright, just finished Rin.... Ummm... friendzone would be best, yeah.... (Hisao was a bit of an ass too, she REALLY would have better just staying at school with Emi and the gang, she needed more time and space to grow, despite her artistic talent. She does better in Emi's route purely because she stays at Yamaku IMO )

wheelman82

Post by wheelman82 »

Hanako: Maybe, atleast being friends would be likely I usually am quite good with shy and nervous people, I want to say because I'm shy and nervous to but I'm unsure if that is true. I guess a relationship would be possible (never had a relationship though so not much experience).

Lily: Unlikely, being autistic, I can really get annoyed with people who expect things from me, without actually telling me what they expect. That being said, becoming friends isn't unlikely.

Emi: No, not gonna happen. I often can't stand people who have such an "active personality" (not sure if that is a correct term for it). And also: being physically disabled (yes, I have more then one handicap), I wouldn't be able to run with her anyway.

Shizune: Maybe, although I'm not that competetive I wouldn't really mind it all that much. She is very clear and straightforward in communicating, so that would work. The only thing is, I find her opinions a bit too black and white, too simple. And another thing I wouldn't be able to stand Misha for very long, her always acting happy even if she is depressed, kinda annoys me.

RIn: No, just... no. That wouldn't work at all!
dedsec

Post by dedsec »

If it were 2007, I would...

1. Be too shy to talk to anyone.
2. Fall behind on my school work.
3. Properly never met Rin.
4. In up in Lilly's class.
5. Get rejected by Hanako because of my horrible sounding voice.
6. Accept the fact that I'm properly going to live and die alone with little trace of my once existence.
It's not how far you get before your done, but what you accomplish getting there.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If it were 2007,I'd be to old for them.
Not Dead Yet
Namina

Post by Namina »

I would prolly get the neutral Hanako ending. I was more dense than an iron star so i would hurt her alot by overprotecting her
Downix

Post by Downix »

Only began this game last week, and my first playthrough I referenced how my 17 year old self would have handled the situations put on him. I wound up with the Shizune good ending as a result.

I wonder what that says about me.
StilesLong

Post by StilesLong »

Downix wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 am Only began this game last week, and my first playthrough I referenced how my 17 year old self would have handled the situations put on him. I wound up with the Shizune good ending as a result.

That's a good question lol. Are you happy with what you got? :P
Downix

Post by Downix »

StilesLong wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm
Downix wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 am Only began this game last week, and my first playthrough I referenced how my 17 year old self would have handled the situations put on him. I wound up with the Shizune good ending as a result.

That's a good question lol. Are you happy with what you got? :P
No complaints. I am just amused. My grandfather used to say that I would argue that the sky wasn't blue. And don't get into why nobody will play Monopoly with me anymore.
StilesLong

Post by StilesLong »

Downix wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 am No complaints. I am just amused. My grandfather used to say that I would argue that the sky wasn't blue. And don't get into why nobody will play Monopoly with me anymore.

You poor person. Nobody to play monopoly with. Shizune would join you....

Anyways, welcome to the forums!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Downix wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 am
StilesLong wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pmAnd don't get into why nobody will play Monopoly with me anymore.
Don't worry, that's not because of you. It's just because Monopoly is a shitty game :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Downix

Post by Downix »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 am
Downix wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 am
StilesLong wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pmAnd don't get into why nobody will play Monopoly with me anymore.
Don't worry, that's not because of you. It's just because Monopoly is a shitty game :-)
Them's fighting words!!